ADVERTISEMENT

‘Whatever they can get him for is fine with me’

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
LOL... That is about right for most cultists.... #MUSTGETTRUMP.

The depth of their desperation should be alarming to normal people.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/daily-memo/3020045/whatever-they-can-get-him-for-is-fine-with-me/

“Not all that long ago, I thought that the trial currently being held … seemed the least serious of the cases against him,” wrote George Conway, the conservative lawyer-turned-Biden megadonor, in the Atlantic earlier this month. “But I feel the need to admit error. The truth is, I’ve come around to the view that People v. Trump is, in at least some ways, the perfect case to put Trump in the dock for the first time, and — I hope, but we’ll see — perhaps prison.”

Why is that? Conway, one of the more aggressive members of the anti-Trump resistance, wrote that he now believes the Manhattan case perfectly exposed what he says are Trump’s myriad lies. But for the resistance, the most salient fact about the Manhattan trial is this: It is happening. It is getting done before the election, which is the most important consideration for Democrats who pray that a Trump conviction could change the dynamics of a presidential race in which Trump leads President Joe Biden.

The other cases against Trump seem lost in legal never-never land. The resistance’s favorite case, special counsel Jack Smith’s indictment of Trump over the 2020 election and the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, is awaiting two critical Supreme Court rulings and seems unlikely to go to trial before the election. The second-favorite case, Smith’s indictment over classified documents, is lost in procedural complexities. And the final indictment, the one that, like the current case, was brought by a local prosecutor, Fulton County Democratic District Attorney Fani Willis in Georgia, seems to be a total mess.

But the current case, brought by Bragg, who, incidentally, won office in deep-blue Manhattan on a promise to pursue Trump, is a reality. If you really want to bring down Trump, some anti-Trumpers believe, who cares if it is weak? Who cares if it is politically motivated? Trump is “a criminal” who “basically tried to destroy American democracy,” Conway said in an interview last week. “And whatever they can get him for is fine with me.”

Whatever they can get him for is fine with me. That is perhaps the most succinct and direct explanation for the wave of Democratic lawfare we have seen in the run-up to the 2024 vote. The cases are all over the place, with four prosecutions in all, at the county level, the federal level, in New York, Washington, D.C., and Georgia. For more than a year, it has been obvious that they represent a redundant effort against Trump. If one case falters, another might succeed. And if one or two or three cases falter, the fourth might still break through.

Reactions: Hotshoe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News