ADVERTISEMENT

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Koby Howard could be the next WR to commit

This would be a huge get and round out the class quite nicely.

This kid was supposedly ready to commit a month ago, but the staff held him off. Apparently he was considered behind Outten, Cyrus, and Williams.

He's going to be at the Lasch Bash this weekend. Hopefully he camps and tests really well.

Reactions: LMTLION and jjw165
This kid was supposedly ready to commit a month ago, but the staff held him off. Apparently he was considered behind Outten, Cyrus, and Williams.

He's going to be at the Lasch Bash this weekend. Hopefully he camps and tests really well.
His offers are lights out, better than the other three we lost out on. Those other big schools must know more than PSU if we let this kid wait in favor of others.

His offers are lights out, better than the other three we lost out on. Those other big schools must know more than PSU if we let this kid wait in favor of others.

I think it's a lot about the testing #s. Williams supposedly was the most offered WR in the '25 class at 55, but how many could he have verbaled to?

If he tests, and the #s are good, he's probably in.

I think it's a lot about the testing #s. Williams supposedly was the most offered WR in the '25 class at 55, but how many could he have verbaled to?

If he tests, and the #s are good, he's probably in.
Any idea when Howard may announce? I see we are in the mix for Qeanu Johnson out of CT, a 3 star. What are the implications for Howard?

Any idea when Howard may announce? I see we are in the mix for Qeanu Johnson out of CT, a 3 star. What are the implications for Howard?

August 24 I believe.

I posted about the CT kid somewhere else in another thread asking about him. I don't have any idea about him whatsoever.

@Richie O ?

August 24 I believe.

I posted about the CT kid somewhere else in another thread asking about him. I don't have any idea about him whatsoever.

@Richie O ?
On August 24th, Howard’s high school will play on national television against St. John Bosco. That may indeed be a good day to announce his commitment. Although, I’ve not seen his commitment date scheduled anywhere yet.

It’s possible he silently commits by the end of July (tomorrow) according to Rivals John Garcia.

Reactions: PSU4U
According to multiple podcasts the WR from Delaware has 5* talent.
Would be awesome if that turns out to be the case, but I haven't seen him ranked that way in any of the services. Kid is 100% a burner though. From his film, I see he high points well and doesn't go down at first contact. But the competition looks suspect and I'm not sure how much I can draw from it other than he is way faster than all of the other players. I'm sure Franklin and crew saw what they wanted to see though.

According to multiple podcasts the WR from Delaware has 5* talent.

I haven't seen him ranked that way in any of the services. Kid is 100% a burner though.

His speed, broad jump, and height/weight all point to him being, at a minimum (most likely), a top 100 player. Before camping at PSU, he was basically an unknown prospect.

The biggest hurdle he faces, as far as being ranked highly, is that he doesn't face stiff competition in Delaware and that doesn't give those who rank these kids any film vs other similarly ranked players.

His speed, broad jump, and height/weight all point to him being, at a minimum (most likely), a top 100 player. Before camping at PSU, he was basically an unknown prospect.

The biggest hurdle he faces, as far as being ranked highly, is that he doesn't face stiff competition in Delaware and that doesn't give those who rank these kids any film vs other similarly ranked players.
Chris Godwin was from Delaware.

Would be awesome if that turns out to be the case, but I haven't seen him ranked that way in any of the services. Kid is 100% a burner though. From his film, I see he high points well and doesn't go down at first contact. But the competition looks suspect and I'm not sure how much I can draw from it other than he is way faster than all of the other players. I'm sure Franklin and crew saw what they wanted to see though.
Well Chris Godwin played HS ball in Delaware and he excelled in college and has been an excellent pro.

Reactions: bison13
Well Chris Godwin played HS ball in Delaware and he excelled in college and has been an excellent pro.
I'm not saying this young man can't be great. I was the one who posted excited about his commitment to PSU first in this thread if you recall. I am merely providing my analysis based on his film. He's an absolute burner. He high points well and doesn't go down on first contact. But no one can deny that his competition is weak which kind of leaves you not 100% certain where he falls rankings wise. Some here think top 100 which would be great. The ranking sites so far haven't put him there. Doesn't mean they won't.

Reactions: bison13
But no one can deny that his competition is weak which kind of leaves you not 100% certain where he falls rankings wise. Some here think top 100 which would be great. The ranking sites so far haven't put him there. Doesn't mean they won't.

This is precisely why he's barely evaluated and hasn't been moved yet. I don't think any evaluations have changed since he camped and unless his team plays another team with D1 level kids, nobody is driving out to see him.

The 4.3 is going to turn some heads though.

I'm still hoping for a long shot commitment from N. Montgomery or P. Bell.

I'm not saying this young man can't be great. I was the one who posted excited about his commitment to PSU first in this thread if you recall. I am merely providing my analysis based on his film. He's an absolute burner. He high points well and doesn't go down on first contact. But no one can deny that his competition is weak which kind of leaves you not 100% certain where he falls rankings wise. Some here think top 100 which would be great. The ranking sites so far haven't put him there. Doesn't mean they won't.
I understand your point just something to consider. Delaware for such a small state puts out some very solid D1 players like Godwin. I believe Dani Dennis Sutton is originally from Delaware but played most of his HS career in Maryland.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
Will we take 4 WRs for '25? The CT kid Johnson announces this Saturday. Howard then a few weeks later.

Will we take 4 WRs for '25? The CT kid Johnson announces this Saturday. Howard then a few weeks later.

The staff probably would have taken 5 if Outten, Cyrus, and Williams all verbaled to us, but I don't have paywall info to confirm if it's true or not.

I don't think the CT kid is a take. I think we are just an offer for his top team list, but again, I don't have paywall info. Just my hunch on the lack of topic here from the publishers.

The staff probably would have taken 5 if Outten, Cyrus, and Williams all verbaled to us, but I don't have paywall info to confirm if it's true or not.

I don't think the CT kid is a take. I think we are just an offer for his top team list, but again, I don't have paywall info. Just my hunch on the lack of topic here from the publishers.
Take them and see who pans out. This new world of transfer portal says take as many as you can at positions of weakness and see which one or ones hit. The rest will move on when they are recruited over. Hate to say it that way, that used to be the SEC method. Now it's SOP for any program.

Take them and see who pans out. This new world of transfer portal says take as many as you can at positions of weakness and see which one or ones hit. The rest will move on when they are recruited over. Hate to say it that way, that used to be the SEC method. Now it's SOP for any program.

I'm sure they will take a flyer on somebody at some point, but it seems the staff would rather slow play a kid and battle for him late than take more than they want and rudely have to "no more room now" him.

But, yes, it's absolutely the herd and cull method. It's just wide open now. No more games. On both sides.

Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
Is he foreshadowing a commitment to PSU this Sunday?
Posted by Koby 2 hours ago

Reactions: PSU4U
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT