ADVERTISEMENT

10,000 steps a day

bourbon n blues

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2019
For approximately five years now, I’ve been trying to average 10,000 steps or more a day walking. Overall, it’s been a good way to help maintain my weight however I had a few challenges starting last October.

The first was I injured my right medial meniscus, which cut back on a walking for a few weeks. It’s been flaring up on and off since that time so I’ve had to adjustany kind of weight training and be careful about my walking at times.

Starting in March, my father got pretty ill, around that time I suffered a pretty serious fall and injured my face, breaking some bones in my nose and cheek. The fractures were contained, so I didn’t have to do too much to recover, so that knocked me back a week.

Dad had multiple health problems and went downhill fast over that two months I did maintain the walking, but it was hard to keep up with my home PT regime and take optimal care of myself. He passed away May 20 and due to all this stuff we’ve been pretty busy.

With all the stress overall had increased quite a bit, even with the walking. I added in my flex M3 stair climber. This machine has a nice 14 minute interval program and I figure what the hell I give it a try and see if my knee would hold up. Not only did it hold up, but it seemed that it actually has helped improve my knee overall.

My guess is I’m pumping more blood through the area and helping it heal up a little bit more. I’ve done this for about 11 days straight now, and after this week I’m going to go back to 3 to 4 days a week doing my intervals.

It’s not incredibly stressful, and only 14 minutes so I don’t believe I’m going to overtrain with it and to be careful. I’ve adjusted my steps down one to 2000 steps a day. I might say 8000 to 8500 some days with the stair machine and walking. So far it’s working .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News