ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Predictions with a few notes

sharpshooter212121

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2012
Now that it’s summer time and I have more time, I figured I would be more active. I’m already on the computer far more working on my Principal’s License, so why not type up something more exciting. So I thought it would be fun to post my predictions on who we end up signing and a few notes as to why. The predictions are mostly based on what Ryan has told us and trying to match positions of need, as well as trying to take a realistic approach.

QB- (1) Devin Leary *

RB- (1) Ricky Slade

WR- (4) Justin Shorter, Jahan Dotson, Daniel George, Solomon Enis **

TE- (2) Zack Kuntz, Patrick Freiermuth

OL- (5) Antwan Reed, Blake Effner, Nana Asiedu, Rasheed Walker, TJ Bradley

DT- (3) PJ Mustipher, Dorian Hardy, Marcellus Earlington

DE- (2) Nick Tarburton, Micah Parsons ***,

LB- (3) Jesse Luketa, Charlie Katshir, Jack Lamb

DB- (1) Trent Gordon

S- (3) Isheem Young, Kwantel Raines, Isaiah Humphries

Wish List if we miss on someone from above
1. Eyabi Anoma
2. Jayson Oweh
3. Tyler Friday
4. Another Tall Athletic CB

Guys that couldn’t commit
1. Aron Cruickshank
2. Brian Asamoah
3. Shaquon Anderson-Butts
4. Jordan Miner

Notes from above

* I mentioned in my previous thread my thoughts on Leary. I could be completely wrong and off base however, after reading Ryan’s update on Ruder, it feels like I may be right that Leary is the guy were after.

** With only 25 scholarships, Enis is a legacy and another big, fast WR. This may be more of a wish but a great talent. Getting him to go across country will not be easy. Last year we seemed to grab smaller wideouts: Hamler, Hippenhamer, and even Cam Sullivan-Brown isn’t a big guy, with Johnson and Irv Charles set to be Juniors when they arrive the only other tall wideout on the roster would be Dae’lun Darien.

*** In the end I think we end up signing one of the two of Jayson Oweh or Micah Parsons. Oweh has crazy potential and distance could be a factor in helping him choose Penn State. However, for some reason I think Parsons finds his way back to Penn State and has a chance to see playing time earlier.

My final spot came down to Enis or hoping to get another OL, or DL and in the end choose WR for the reasons mentioned above. Also, Raines I listed at Saftey even though it sounds like he would move into the same type of role as a Koa Farmer and Jarvis Miller eventually.

This class would most likely land us in Top 7 and possibly within Top 5 depending on how everything else shakes out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News