ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 Premier League thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure looks like Liverpool will capture its first English top flight championship since Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister
:eek:

Reactions: TheGLOV
Sure looks like Liverpool will capture its first English top flight championship since Margaret Thatcher was Prime Minister
:eek:
giphy.gif

Liverpool wins again!

Only the 5th team in history to do undefeated for a entire year!!

Reds win 2 - 0 today over Sheffield.

2020 begins where 2019 left off!

Woo-who!

:)

mainer?

GrantGreen??

rudedude???

Rich-Dude in ICU????
It's been a dominating 1st half of the season. Lot's more games to be played. Klopp needs to keep the boys focused.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Arsenal 1, Crystal Palace NIL. :eek: , approaching halftime.

Arsenal trying to go incognito by wearing yellow jerseys.

Final: Arsenal 1, Crystal Palace 1

The GUNNERS. :eek: were fortunate to get the draw because they lost Aubameyang to a red card in the second half.

Watching my Man City recording. Good to see Aguero pass Henry as leading foreign scorer. Easily has the best goal per game ratio of the all time EPL scorers. What a striker.

I mainly watch them to watch De Bruyne. If you can, watch his assist on the 4th goal before HT. (Chef’s kiss)

Tottenham scrubeenies, barely.

KLOPP:
On the victory and how Liverpool had to obtain it…

We had to play for it – and in the end we had to fight for it, really hard. We could have closed this game earlier. We should have, I would say; the chances were clear. We had moments when we didn’t make chances, but they were ones I would say usually would have to be a 100 per cent chance. I think we played some exceptional football to bring Robbo on the touchline but then we didn’t find the free player or the defender blocked the last ball. We could have done better in these moments, but then it was only 1-0 and that’s normal. Against a team like Tottenham, it is not decided and in the end we needed luck in one situation and Ali in two other three other situations. Until 72 or 73 minutes, I think, we had 77-80 per cent possession, so it is a big challenge to come here and have that amount of possession knowing about the counter-attacking quality of these players on the pitch. It was intense, really, but I think we deserved the three points. It was not our best game we played so far, but it was a very good one and, as I said, [we played] really good football in a lot of parts of the game and in the end a proper fight. All good.

On Liverpool’s record points total after 21 league games…

Look, I really try to respond in an appropriate way, but when somebody told me I didn’t feel anything. It is just not like that. I am in football for 50 years or so and if somebody would have told me that would ever happen I would probably have said it’s not possible. Now it happened I don’t feel [anything]. I don’t know exactly what is wrong with me, but it’s really cool and it’s exceptional. I told the boys, we made kind of an analysis after the game, what we should have done better, what we could have done better but of course I know if it would be easy to have that kind of winning streak then so many more teams would have done it. It’s obviously very exceptional but we didn’t think for a second before the game, I didn’t, and after the game somebody had to remind me about it. It’s obviously exceptional but if it stays like this then I can think about it in the next five years, after five years or so.

In the moment, I can just say what we try to do with all we have is still to create the basis for the rest of the season. The rest of the season is still quite long and we have a lot of tough games to play, the next one especially tough and we have to make sure we are ready for that. Today it was difficult, we made it a bit too difficult for ourselves because we didn’t finish it off, but not to forget or to underestimate the quality of the other team. It’s normal that they come back in the game like this and I am really happy. And I have to say, this stadium is something else. Thank you very much to whoever built this stadium that the away dressing room is probably the best in the league – thank you very much that somebody started that because other clubs, when they renovate their stadium, make the away dressing room smaller. This is exceptional, thank you very much.

Well, Jürgen Klopp's side have now made the best-ever start to a season across Europe's five major leagues.

Sixty-one points from 21 matches in unprecedented. That beats the 59 points accrued by Manchester City in 2017-18 from the same number of matches.

Avoiding defeat in their last 38 league matches, the Reds have claimed 104 points in that time (33 wins and five draws). That's a Premier League record across a 38-game run, beating 102-point stretches by City (2017-18) and Chelsea (2005).

And finally, Firmino's goal saw another club record matched. The only other time a Liverpool side netted in their first 21 matches to a top-flight season was in 1933-34.

Incredible.

Are you wearing Nats cap too and Blues scarf too? Jk!!

Another big one on the horizon

'We keep going' is the message from the dressing room.

"The rest of the season is still quite long and we have a lot of tough games to play, the next one especially tough and we have to make sure we are ready for that," Klopp said.

And there's plenty of time to recover, regroup and prepare for the upcoming test.

Up next on the schedule is the arrival of Manchester United to Anfield next Sunday as the Reds will look to extend all the records they now hold.

“Every day when we are training or playing a game, we try to do it better than we did before," Wijnaldum said. "We always strive to do it better.”

Twenty-one games done, 17 to go.

MO. SALAH. :eek:

2-1, Liverpool, in the 76th minute.
he No.9 has scored five times in his last six outings, but he's still not satisfied.

"When I went to him and wanted to give him a hug after the game, he wanted to stop and talk first," Klopp revealed at his post-match press conference.

"He said, ‘I know I should have scored more goals’... it was absolutely not what I wanted to say!"

Safe and secure

The victory was secured with a sturdy defensive effort from Liverpool's backline.

“Especially in the second half, they were pressing us and made it very difficult for us," Virgil van Dijk said afterwards. "We should have done better but three points is massive, so we’re very happy with that.”

Alisson Becker pulled off four saves throughout the match and also helped eliminate the threat of Tottenham counter-attacks with his alertness off his goalline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT