ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

I like those 4 additions, but I still think we'll take Vilbert if he wants to. So I'm thinking 2 DT's, 1 DE, 1 OT, and a WR. That's 23, which would make a hell of a class!!

Yep, I agree they want Vibert as well, which would be 5 in addition to the 18 signed for a total of 23. But I wonder if CJF ends up getting a WR, OT, Vibert and only 1 of the DT's they are hot after, if they would expand DT offers as they are with WR to pretty much do everything they can to get 2 DT's. With 3 DT's from 2018 class as well as Beamon who is supposedly likely to end up at DT, does CJF go all out for 2 DT's down the stretch?

I think they take all 3.

All 3, as in, even with Beaman, they still take 2 DT's and another DE? I'm good with that, bc I really like Vilbert! I know he's raw, but his size and athleticism has me intrigued to see what Spencer could do with him! And Beaman could end up being a DT.

Reactions: MoyerJones

Go to the 9 minute mark to listen to Ross Tucker's comments about Adisa Isaac.

"He has the ideal body type for DE. He reminds me of Oweh from last year. 6-5, 220...he'll play at 240 or 250. He has TREMENDOUS get off, burst, and closing speed. I mean TREMENDOUS. Cat like quickness. He is an elite player. These are the type of defensive ends you want if you want to be a playoff team."

iu

Elevenwarriors posters on Top 100 OL Nester

SpoonerBuck33
24 DEC 2018, 2:07 PM
I'm going with IN OL Dawand Jones bc things ain't looking great with Nester and they need to take more bodies regardless if they're a project or not.

NHBuckeye
24 DEC 2018, 3:28 PM
I listened to the BM5 today at it sounds like his relationship was built with Urban. While I do agree that we need to get Day involved pronto, things were seemingly weird with Nester long before the Urban retirement news.

Any "heat" or talk about Charles Njoku out of Wayne, NJ?

-David Njoku's younger brother
-6'5" 200lbs
-57/46 per 247/Rivals at WR
-3*/4* per 247/Rivals at WR
-Decommitted from Mizzou in November

With ~9 on scholarship projected for 2019, I wouldn't be surprised if they passed on another WR for 2019 btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Any "heat" or talk about Charles Njoku out of Wayne, NJ?

-David Njoku's younger brother
-6'5" 200lbs
-57/46 per 247/Rivals at WR
-3*/4* per 247/Rivals at WR
-Decommitted from Mizzou in November

With ~9 on scholarship projected for 2019, I wouldn't be surprised if they passed on another WR for 2019 btw.

9 on scholarship for 2019 and a pretty young group with 3 having freshman eligibility (Shorter, George and Dunmore) and 4 with sophomore eligibility (Hamler, Dotson, Hippenhammer and CSB), plus Polk and likely JJ as Seniors.

If CJF knows that JJ plans to leave this year he will surely go after another WR for 2019 to keep a 9 WR roster. Wonder what the staff is looking for as far as total WR's on the roster..... 9 or 10?? But with JJ, Polk, and potentially a WR that does not get PT this season leaving after 2019, the staff can go after 3 top WR's for 2020, and like you, I would not be surprised if CJF does not sign a 2nd WR for 2019. It seems that with many of the top 2020 WR's still interested in PSU that CJF could use the 2019 scholarship on another DLinemen such as Vibert.....

Hakeem Beamon and Michael Johnson playing an all star game in Mexico on CBS sports net. Not sure if any other targets are playing

Thanks for responding. It’s good to see a Penn State kid starting at QB in an All Star game.

Is Michael Johnson playing for the East because he signed with the Nittany Lions?

Beamon is playing DT for the East ... might be a positive omen for his position at Penn State.

How'd they do??

Although I admit I am not much of an astute scout, I can offer my very non-expert opinions.

Michael Johnson. Jr. looked good running the ball and maintaining composure in the pocket, but quite a few of his passes were considerably off-target. I don’t recall any interceptions, but I wasn’t able to pay full attention to the game ... or rather to the Anthony Munoz talk show.

Johnson had a few good runs, one of which ended with a bruising tackle by a Texas recruit. Overall, MJ looked all right, just not a “wow” performance passing the ball.

Saleem Wormley played most of the game, I believe, at OT ... and he seemed to do a decent job. I only recall 1 sack of MJ by the kid he was blocking ... and I think MJ said something to him about it as he was sitting on the ground.

Beamon played DT, but I don’t recall any tackles of note ... maybe some on runs up the middle for little gain. However, I find it interesting that he was spotted at DT rather than at DE, since PSU might need him to play there in the near future.

Overall, the telecast was nearly impossible to watch, for it was a constant stream of guests in the booth and talk about the World Bowl in general ... think BTN telecast of the BW game only 40x worse in covering the actual game.

Although I admit I am not much of an astute scout, I can offer my very non-expert opinions.

Michael Johnson. Jr. looked good running the ball and maintaining composure in the pocket, but quite a few of his passes were considerably off-target. I don’t recall any interceptions, but I wasn’t able to pay full attention to the game ... or rather to the Anthony Munoz talk show.

Johnson had a few good runs, one of which ended with a bruising tackle by a Texas recruit. Overall, MJ looked all right, just not a “wow” performance passing the ball.

Saleem Wormley played most of the game, I believe, at OT ... and he seemed to do a decent job. I only recall 1 sack of MJ by the kid he was blocking ... and I think MJ said something to him about it as he was sitting on the ground.

Beamon played DT, but I don’t recall any tackles of note ... maybe some on runs up the middle for little gain. However, I find it interesting that he was spotted at DT rather than at DE, since PSU might need him to play there in the near future.

Overall, the telecast was nearly impossible to watch, for it was a constant stream of guests in the booth and talk about the World Bowl in general ... think BTN telecast of the BW game only 40x worse in covering the actual game.
Not surprised, in my very limited time watching highlights of MJ, he seems better runner and Roberson seems better passer. Problem for MJ will be Roberson isn't a stiff running the ball. When all said and done probable one will transfer at some point.

Thank you!!!

Not surprised, in my very limited time watching highlights of MJ, he seems better runner and Roberson seems better passer. Problem for MJ will be Roberson isn't a stiff running the ball. When all said and done probable one will transfer at some point.

Nice to see us getting a jump on the transfer talk before these guys even get to campus.

Nice to see us getting a jump on the transfer talk before these guys even get to campus.

All these soothsayer geniuses that post here. What would one expect especially based on a single hs allstar football game. I have watched all Johnsons highlight films and read many accounts of his passing accuracy and arm strengh and all I have seen and read is the opposite of the junk north of you post.

All these soothsayer geniuses that post here. What would one expect especially based on a single hs allstar football game. I have watched all Johnsons highlight films and read many accounts of his passing accuracy and arm strengh and all I have seen and read is the opposite of the junk north of you post.

The Clemson QB looked like junk in the all star game he played in last year. Didn't affect him this year. Lots of factors involved.

Just reality of what happens and theres nothing wrong with it. Unless one guy wants to hold a clipboard for 4-5 years. Its why you recruit 2 and why some have said for the Browns last year to draft 2 QBs at 1 and 4, basically guaranteeing one will be good and one could be traded. Though I know highly rated transferring QB isn't a thing at all.:eek:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT