ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class Thread

Has PSU ever had someone sign who claimed an offer from "the university of Penn State?"

Derrick Williams, among many others

'It’s crazy. Some of these guys are trying to talk to me to get them to come to their school. Oklahoma, they’ve been talking to me. I have three more official visits left. I’m going to A&M on the 13th and LSU the first weekend of February. I don’t know about the last one yet.'

Sounds like Dunnore was in his ear at UA game

Reactions: TheGLOV
Eleven Warriors

Penn State, Georgia, and Virginia Tech are all in the picture here as Nester looks to make his choice official on Feb. 6th. It had looked like Ohio State perhaps had the chance to seal this one up when he made his official visit to Columbus before the early signing period, but that trip wasn't enough to convince the coveted lineman to put an end to his recruitment.

Since that time, Nester has made another trip to Penn State and is scheduled to be in Athens next weekend for an official. He's then expected to get back to Happy Valley once again for an official and then hit up Blacksburg as well. Most of the chatter has revolved around the Nittany Lions and Bulldogs,

4-star WR from Oklahoma, Demariyon Houston is looking to take a visit to Penn State a weekend in late January.

Was once committed to Texas. I believe TX and OU are still leaders here.

https://247sports.com/Player/Demariyon-Houston-46040328/

If he decommitted from Texas, there might be a slight chance we can slip in here if we get a visit. I'd imagine OU isn't an option as they just locked down their third 5* receiver in this class.

Eleven Warriors

Penn State, Georgia, and Virginia Tech are all in the picture here as Nester looks to make his choice official on Feb. 6th. It had looked like Ohio State perhaps had the chance to seal this one up when he made his official visit to Columbus before the early signing period, but that trip wasn't enough to convince the coveted lineman to put an end to his recruitment.

Since that time, Nester has made another trip to Penn State and is scheduled to be in Athens next weekend for an official. He's then expected to get back to Happy Valley once again for an official and then hit up Blacksburg as well. Most of the chatter has revolved around the Nittany Lions and Bulldogs,

Nester once again struggled in AA practices. He's probably a project.

Yeah...ignore the stars. I heard a few people who know what the hell they are talking about say Moore was the better prospect between Nester and Jakai Moore.
Pretty much the consensus to be honest, except by the sites. I wonder if one did more camps then the other....tends to be how Rivals rates kids. Kids have to go to their camps to get rated or DM Farrell directly...it's a load of sh!t.

Reactions: eidolon21

Meet Penn State's early enrollees

11 athletes considered four- or five-star prospects in 247Sports composite rankings.

"Enrolling early gives us a head start on both our academics and athletics, so that's important as we all make the transition to college," Smith said last Wednesday. "Our class can make a big impact next season; we just need to show up ready to work and willing to do the little things that it takes to compete for a championship."

Thought it was 11 EEs - photo is of 14. Who are extra three?

Thought it was 11 EEs - photo is of 14. Who are extra three?
3 walk-ons

LB ROBBIE DWYER (WALK-ON)
School: Wyoming Seminary Prep (Kingston, Pa.)Size:6-2, 225 pounds
Composite Ranking:N/APosition Ranking:N/AState Ranking:N/AWhen he committed:Dec. 9, 2018
QB ISAAC RUMERY (WALK-ON)
School:Clearfield (Pa.)Size:6-1, 205 poundsComposite Ranking:NonePosition Ranking:None
State Ranking:NoneWhen he committed:Oct. 3, 201
CB MAKAI SELF (WALK-ON)
School:IMG Academy (Bradenton, Fla.)Size:5-11, 175 poundsComposite Ranking:N/APosition Ranking:N/A
State Ranking:N/A

Reactions: royboy
Lots of IMG kids (maybe most of them) are not Florida kids.

I would expect this new walk on was probably a more-or-less local kid (to PSU), although I don't recall hearing of him as a PA kid. (Maybe Jersey/Maryland/Ohio/Virginia kid, originally?)

DC.

Looks like he re-classified from 2018 to 2019. Rivals has him listed as a 2018 prospect at 5'9", 145 lbs.

Reactions: stormingnorm
Still can't get over Michael Johnson's pass in the very last clip here... lots to look forward to with him and Roberson on campus.

Also, to keep this post relevant to our current recruiting efforts, I noticed a totally unconfirmed, random tweet that D'Von Ellies actually signed with an unknown school in the early signing period. Did a little more digging and came across this tweet from Dec 20. Did anyone ask CJF at the presser if there were any unannounced signees?

Also, to keep this post relevant to our current recruiting efforts, I noticed a totally unconfirmed, random tweet that D'Von Ellies actually signed with an unknown school in the early signing period. Did a little more digging and came across this tweet from Dec 20. Did anyone ask CJF at the presser if there were any unannounced signees?

Tweet also has Nick Cross signing with FSU, which is incorrect.

Still can't get over Michael Johnson's pass in the very last clip here... lots to look forward to with him and Roberson on campus.

I saw a little of the high school AA game with a friend of mine who is pretty well connected with the Stoops and Bo Pelini (all from Cardinal Mooney HS in Y-town). We thought Johnson look spectacular. A little raw, but his pure athleticism and arm strength (and touch) shows he's got a ton of potential.

Ellies tweeted out this morning that a "date is coming soon..." I assume he means who he will officially commit to....

I can't recall if he was asked about that. Even if he was, CJF would not have answered it with anything of substance.

He did say in his press conference that there were a couple guys who didn’t sign on the early signing day that they feel really good about. “They just needed a little more time for whatever reason”.

At the time I was optimistically hoping that Ellies and/or Hunte had secretly signed and were waiting to announce later on.

DC.

Looks like he re-classified from 2018 to 2019. Rivals has him listed as a 2018 prospect at 5'9", 145 lbs.
They get some rich kids who's daddies can't believe junior didn't get a D1 offer out of high school. Look at em
like a prep school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT