ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2022-23 Coaching Carousel (12/7): Brohm to L'Ville

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020
As of November 27 at 11:15 pm here are open FBS head coaching jobs or who has filled those openings.

Power Five
Arizona State - Kenny Dillingham
Auburn - Hugh Freeze
Colorado - Deion Sanders
Georgia Tech - Brent Key
Louisville - Jeff Brohm
Nebraska - Matt Rhule
Purdue -
Wisconsin - Luke Fickell
Stanford -

Group of Five
Charlotte - Biff Poggi
Cincinnati - Scott Satterfield
Coastal Carolina - Tim Beck
FAU - Tom Herman
Liberty - Jamey Chadwell
North Texas
Texas State - G.J Kinne
Tulsa - Kevin Wilson
UAB - Trent Dilfer
UNLV - Barry odom
USF - Alex Golosh
WMU -

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
Guess it’s time to start this up… as of November 25 at 4:00 pm here are open FBS head coaching jobs.

Power Five
Arizona State
Auburn
Colorado
Georgia Tech
Nebraska
Wisconsin

Group of Five
Charlotte
UAB
USF

Meanwhile, in what may qualify as the dumbest article of the month -- lots of stiff competition -- USA Today's Dan Wolken says Ryan Day could be on the coaching hot seat if the Bucks lose to Michigan tomorrow:

Meanwhile, in what may qualify as the dumbest article of the month -- lots of stiff competition -- USA Today's Dan Wolken says Ryan Day could be on the coaching hot seat if the Bucks lose to Michigan tomorrow:

I don't agree that Day gets fired if they lose but this is deadly accurate as to how top schools feel

"Throw in the additional stakes Saturday — winner goes to the Big Ten title game and likely the College Football Playoff, loser gets an irrelevant bowl game vacation"

Yes, the Rose Bowl to many is irrelevant--just a free trip to California
Though I think Ohio State gets in even with a loss.

Reactions: Jerry
I don't agree that Day gets fired if they lose but this is deadly accurate as to how top schools feel

"Throw in the additional stakes Saturday — winner goes to the Big Ten title game and likely the College Football Playoff, loser gets an irrelevant bowl game vacation"

Yes, the Rose Bowl to many is irrelevant--just a free trip to California
Though I think Ohio State gets in even with a loss.
Well….Day does say he is there to win BIG games. I don’t agree he won’t be on the hot seat but….

I like his viewpoint.

Well….Day does say he is there to win BIG games. I don’t agree he won’t be on the hot seat but….

I like his viewpoint.
If by hot seat you mean he has to beat Michigan next year unless they still make the playoff and do well in it this year then yes on the hot seat but he won't get fired if they lose today.

8 year contract for Rhule, crazy. It seems the new normal is long term deals everywhere. Maybe Rhule was an exception because I think the Panthers might be stuck with a portion of his salary?

8 year contract for Rhule, crazy. It seems the new normal is long term deals everywhere. Maybe Rhule was an exception because I think the Panthers might be stuck with a portion of his salary?
I'm guessing they gave him 8 years because he was on the fence about taking it--should just mean more buyout money when/if they fire him

Coaching is strange. Matt Campbell was a hot name for 2 years. Now, he's below the radar.

If Fickell wants a big payday, he definitely should cash in. I don't know that division-less Wisconsin is the place to do it.

Coaching is strange. Matt Campbell was a hot name for 2 years. Now, he's below the radar.

If Fickell wants a big payday, he definitely should cash in. I don't know that division-less Wisconsin is the place to do it.
Agreed - I would argue Cincinnati to the Big 12 is an easier playoff path than the divisionless Wisconsin like you said.

Satterfield makes a ton of sense

I thought he was a solid coach at App State, but his transition to Louisville hasn't been very good. Is leaving the ACC for the Big 12 a good idea? Louisville was close to firing him this off season. Maybe he somehow bought some more time.

The carousel turns leaving more questions.

What about the Adidas recruits? Staying at Louisville?

Does Brohm consider going home now?

I thought he was a solid coach at App State, but his transition to Louisville hasn't been very good. Is leaving the ACC for the Big 12 a good idea? Louisville was close to firing him this off season. Maybe he somehow bought some more time.

The carousel turns leaving more questions.

What about the Adidas recruits? Staying at Louisville?

Does Brohm consider going home now?
All good questions/points
I think it points to the Big XII > ACC. Satterfield likely thinks he can have more success at Cincinnati because he'll have an easier time recruiting. A good idea? We'll see--it's not a move I'd make personally but maybe he feels like he needs to jump Louisville now in case they have a few more bad season
I don't think Brohm goes home but he could--always hard to say how important that is to someone

At the time supposedly he said he had work to do at Purdue, getting into the Championship sounds like he did just that . Btw 4 years agol
Not sure I buy that but he may have just said it at the time so he didn't have to give a real reason

Not sure I buy that but he may have just said it at the time so he didn't have to give a real reason

I believe he was fired / quietly told to take another job in '08 when he was the OC there. After 2 bowl less seasons, he ended up at FAU.

No idea how that played into things, but it's something.

Reactions: LandoComando
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT