ADVERTISEMENT

2022-23 Transfer Portal Thread

He is the burner that we could use.......would love him as the top end guy.....and perhaps a 6'2" big guy with great hands.

We need someone who can blow by man to man coverage to make defenses pay for bringing 8 in the box to stop the run.

Reactions: tlbakernc
Will be interesting to see how playing with Allar and a loaded backfield attracts attention from receivers. This could be the top offense in college football next two years. Sure hope we get a few linemen in the process.

Reactions: Weavedog469
We did originally recruit him out of East St Louis, along with virtually everyone else

Chose Mizzou over offers from Arizona State, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa State, LSU, Louisville, Mississippi State, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue and West Virginia, among others.

We did originally recruit him out of East St Louis, along with virtually everyone else

Chose Mizzou over offers from Arizona State, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa State, LSU, Louisville, Mississippi State, Oregon, Penn State, Purdue and West Virginia, among others.
Smart kid. Go to a mid level program to get early playing time, then move up to the big boys. Bet we see a lot more of that in the future.

We did originally recruit him out i
The sophomore is 3rd in receiving yards in the SEC. We can dream right?
Likely leaving for NIL money somewhere, so it’s going to be one of the big NIL programs

East St Louis, along with virtually everyone else

Will be interesting to see how playing with Allar and a loaded backfield attracts attention from receivers. This could be the top offense in college football next two years. Sure hope we get a few linemen in the process.
I'm curious if Allar's abilities will improve the WR performance with the deep balls (the tv crews will catch a deep open one like they did on Saturday with '1'), as well as hopeful some high quality WRs will sign on. Without either, the Allar era could be less than it could have been

Agreed. Penn State fwiw has begun following him on Twitter again, so they're at least going to throw the hat in the ring in a preliminary fashion.
Question, since you said PSU started following him again: Can they follow an athlete on social media while enrolled or is that considered tampering or interfering? PSU started to follow him again after he went portal, indicating they stayed away after he was signed. Is that mandatory?

Question, since you said PSU started following him again: Can they follow an athlete on social media while enrolled or is that considered tampering or interfering? PSU started to follow him again after he went portal, indicating they stayed away after he was signed. Is that mandatory?
That’s a great question and something I’ll have to look into. Most coaches tend to unfollow most recruits just to clean up their socials for organization purposes.

Penn State is obviously not in need of his services but notably (and unshockingly), Michigan QB Cade McNamara is entering the transfer portal.

while this wouldn't be a fit, it wouldn't hurt to add a QB due to CV probably leaving. What type of expectation should the QB room have next year past Allar?
I actually think it would be a fine idea to go out and find some sort of transfer portal QB for depth purposes if CV does in fact leave. But hard to find kids who are going to be okay with possibly never playing.

If CV sticks around, Penn State has a good backup to Allar next year, if he leaves, Pribula has plenty of talent and I think his floor is actually quite high itself but will he be ready to go if Allar goes down? Doesn't work out? That's the big question and why I think if you can find a transfer portal QB, you take one but that's just my personal opinion.

Penn State is obviously not in need of his services but notably (and unshockingly), Michigan QB Cade McNamara is entering the transfer portal.

Except we very likely are in need of his services. CV is likely to portal out. The kid from Iowa is far from a done deal and we lose if Pribula ever sets foot on the field if the game is in doubt.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
Except we very likely are in need of his services. CV is likely to portal out. The kid from Iowa is far from a done deal and we lose if Pribula ever sets foot on the field if the game is in doubt.
I wouldn’t be shocked if Cade ends up at Iowa

Sure in that aspect, yes. But Cade isn't going to transfer to somewhere he doesn't get a guaranteed starting spot.

For all the abuse CJF unjustifiably gets yet another area in which he and the staff have excelled is managing the transfer portal. They have consistently brought in guys, some of whom were good but others were stars immediately. Ebiketie, Tangelo, Chop, Tinsley etc. I expect the coaches will continue to do well with the portal, so absolutely no concern on my part.

Last edited:
I'm not sleeping on pribula. That kid looks like a slightly higher rated version of trace to me. Ideally you'd like one more if Veilleux moves on and he might.
I am not sleeping on BP, but in reality you would like a little, a lot more, experience as your back-up QB. Look no further than the Roberson flop at Iowa. Not saying BP is TR but it isn't ideal for a young QB in that situation.

Reactions: Online Persona
1. Devontez Walker
2. Elijah Jeudy

This is my wish list so far...much more to come. I'd like to see at least 6 portal pickups this year:

2 wr
1 interior DL
1 safety
1 o lineman
1 running back
1 corner
1 kicker

1. Devontez Walker
2. Elijah Jeudy

This is my wish list so far...much more to come. I'd like to see at least 6 portal pickups this year:

2 wr
1 interior DL
1 safety
1 o lineman
1 running back
1 corner
1 kicker
I would go with half of your list and focus on 1 to 2 WRs, a RB if we don't land another in the '23 class, and an OT/DT prayer because the quality needed are hard to land or even find in the portal.

Portal Needs:

1 or 2 DT's....we got very lucky on the injury front down there this year. Maybe Vilbert bulks up and slides down or even Tarburton bulks up and slides down there for a year. If not you definitely need some more players.

If the A& M kid wants to come if his brother comes, then you take him. If not I like our DE room.

LB, like to have 1 here for sure, especially if Jacobs tests the water.

DB/S: Im cvool here.

WR: need a big time deep threat. I think Parker comes back and am actually excited to see PW, KLS, LC, and KS in the short routes. Really need a few that just go deep.

RB: better bet talking Lee in to coming back than getting someone to leave their situation to back up NS and KA.

QB: CV needs to stay or that room will be thin.

OL: Any depth would help.

Portal Needs:

1 or 2 DT's....we got very lucky on the injury front down there this year. Maybe Vilbert bulks up and slides down or even Tarburton bulks up and slides down there for a year. If not you definitely need some more players.

If the A& M kid wants to come if his brother comes, then you take him. If not I like our DE room.

LB, like to have 1 here for sure, especially if Jacobs tests the water.

DB/S: Im cvool here.

WR: need a big time deep threat. I think Parker comes back and am actually excited to see PW, KLS, LC, and KS in the short routes. Really need a few that just go deep.

RB: better bet talking Lee in to coming back than getting someone to leave their situation to back up NS and KA.

QB: CV needs to stay or that room will be thin.

OL: Any depth would help.
Tarburton is done and no guarantee after being in the dog house for the year Vilbert returns.

That’s a great question and something I’ll have to look into. Most coaches tend to unfollow most recruits just to clean up their socials for organization purposes.
I am not an affciando of NCAA rules but methinks it is a violation to contact a player on another team by phone or in person. Don’t know if regs have been updated to include the many and various social media/electronic communications.

I would think any communications between a coaching staff and a player on another team could be problematic. Even innocent chatter between coaching staff and a player of another team could be problematic and trigger complaints and/or investigations. Best to delete contacts and stop following to minimize any accidental problems.

ADVERTISEMENT