ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2023 QB/ATH Karson Kiesewetter commits to Penn State as PWO

This is seems like a great get here. How does a kid like this not have a Div1 schollie?
I watched him play several games the past couple years. I honestly wasn't all that impressed. But I'm no scout.

I would be shocked if he didn't have some offers at the FCS level, maybe lower D1. Maybe PSU is a dream school? His coach was a LB for PSU.

Reactions: Online Persona
I watched him play several games the past couple years. I honestly wasn't all that impressed. But I'm no scout.

I would be shocked if he didn't have some offers at the FCS level, maybe lower D1. Maybe PSU is a dream school? His coach was a LB for PSU.
I haven't so appreciate the up close view. But his stats seem to indicate a very good passing and running threat.

I haven't so appreciate the up close view. But his stats seem to indicate a very good passing and running threat.
No doubt he was good. He also had an all star OLine and mostly played against smaller schools. Many of the Laurel Highlands teams are AA and a couple AAA.

I think he is likely good enough to play in college, just not for many Power 5 teams.

Well, whatever he is and Black and Dency are, they all share impressive speed and athleticism. How that translates at a school like PSU and with Big Ten competition remains to be seen. I know I'd rather having them running on at Penn State than another school. I think we are fortunate to have each one of them.

Well, whatever he is and Black and Dency are, they all share impressive speed and athleticism. How that translates at a school like PSU and with Big Ten competition remains to be seen. I know I'd rather having them running on at Penn State than another school. I think we are fortunate to have each one of them.
If nothing else it can help the special teams to have that kind of speed and athleticism as run ons. Maybe 1 or more of them are hidden gems, or hit that growth spurt, or simply develop? Either way, it's good bringing several of these guys with that speed and athleticism into the program and see what happens.

Reactions: 19333lion
Good athlete. BG normally overmatches their opponents on the LOS though. They’ve had a lot of skill players the last ten years in this mold.

Reactions: PAgeologist
Happy for the kid but serious question, does he ever see the field except maybe on special teams in a blowout?

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Basically think of him as an Altoona player, since half of Altoona kids are poached by that school anymore anyways.

Happy for the kid but serious question, does he ever see the field except maybe on special teams in a blowout?
He will get to see it every time he runs out of the tunnel. He also will get to "play" in whatever the Blue White "game" is. Maybe he is the next Ethan Kilmer?

At the high school where I teach many kids go to lower division colleges with the expectation to play sports. Often many don't play a full 4 years because either their talent isn't good enough or they realize that sometimes the student body just doesn't support the teams and fans don't attend games like they did in high school.

If this young man pictures living in Blair County the rest of his life, then being a BG legend and PSU Football player will help sell a lot of cars, insurance, real estate, software or whatever his calling may be.

Is that better than fighting for playing time on a half scholarship and ultimately being a back up at St. Francis? Or maybe starting on a Lock Haven team thats really struggling with a half scholarship?

Glad he picked us.

He will get to see it every time he runs out of the tunnel. He also will get to "play" in whatever the Blue White "game" is. Maybe he is the next Ethan Kilmer?

At the high school where I teach many kids go to lower division colleges with the expectation to play sports. Often many don't play a full 4 years because either their talent isn't good enough or they realize that sometimes the student body just doesn't support the teams and fans don't attend games like they did in high school.

If this young man pictures living in Blair County the rest of his life, then being a BG legend and PSU Football player will help sell a lot of cars, insurance, real estate, software or whatever his calling may be.

Is that better than fighting for playing time on a half scholarship and ultimately being a back up at St. Francis? Or maybe starting on a Lock Haven team thats really struggling with a half scholarship?

Glad he picked us.
Interesting take. The experience of big time college football is unique. Memories and friendships that last a lifetime.

And those friendships may be network of powerful people that boost a career. From fellow players to coaches to admin to boosters. Who knows what connections he will make that rocket his career.

Last edited:

Glad he picked us.
I guess I was looking at it from a fan perspective and will he make any kind of difference for us on the field? Is he going to make a clutch catch to help us beat scUM one year? Hmmm, I wonder? Maybe he can be an Ethan Kilmer, who knows. I think it is doubtful his name ever pops up in terms of relevance on the field.

Now, for his life in general, I agree with you that it will be a great experience for him and he can always say he played football at PSU which is certainly prestigious. Although I would counter your argument and say what if he chose a Lehigh or a Gettsburg or a Lock Haven or a Bucknell and could start for them and maybe even be a team captain? Not too shabby. He would still get the leadership experience and camraderie of being part of a collegiate team. He still would build life long friendships and relationships. It is not PSU but still I would argue a very viable and strong path to pursue. Nevertheless, I am happy for him and hope he succeeds in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 87 Penn St8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT