ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball 2023 signee Logan Imes requests release from LOI

he had an offer from Xavier, I think. The others were A-10 level.

I mean he could stay committed and that would be fine. It would just be very surprising

Could be that coach Shrews needs to assess the ND situation before being able to take him there (knowing full well that he can transfer next year if desired). No reason not to keep the "bird in hand" (current schollie and slot at PSU) until he has some more clarity. It would be very odd to stay with PSU given the circumstance but I could almost see a situation where he comes for 1 year before portaling out.

don't know anything about that but never liked college coaches giving spots to their own kid
I watch both kids for the last 2 years. I’m not taking away from Shrews, just my two cents since his name came up.

Alumni and fans need to understand that while our players represent the university, they are actually playing for their coaches and teammates.

And with NIL and the transfer portal, now more than ever. It is what it is.

And one of the reason that my interest in men's college hoops is no where near as passionate as it once was.

I thought I read somewhere that they could request a release without it being made public. Maybe that is what is happening.

Alumni and fans need to understand that while our players represent the university, they are actually playing for their coaches and teammates.

And with NIL and the transfer portal, now more than ever. It is what it is.

And one of the reason that my interest in men's college hoops is no where near as passionate as it once was.
I think the coaches (football and basketball) opened this Pandora's box a decade or two ago: they became free agents long before the student athletes ever did. It's hard to expect students to stay loyal to a school when the coaches hop around from place to place.

I think the coaches (football and basketball) opened this Pandora's box a decade or two ago: they became free agents long before the student athletes ever did. It's hard to expect students to stay loyal to a school when the coaches hop around from place to place.

Right. So let's stop the charade and start cutting players who don't produce.

And truthfully loyalty is often detrimental to one's success. Countless examples of guys that should have left every program and didn't. Even kids 4th on the depth chart want to play in the NFL

Right. So let's stop the charade and start cutting players who don't produce.

The coaches don't even have to be obvious with it now. The kids can transfer at will, within the time frames allowed, up to a certain amount.

Any word on Carey Booth? Obviously it would be great to retain him but not sure how closely tied to Shrews he is.

Ace Baldwin is now in the portal...he'd be a massive one to land to get the ball rolling.

(pretty much the entire VCU team has entered the portal today...welcome to the new normal in college hoops)

Unless ND is tight on scholarship #s I'd have to bet on Imes to ND. He and Braeden Shrewsberry are friends who played AAU together. He may not fit with Rhoades style.

Unless ND is tight on scholarship #s I'd have to bet on Imes to ND. He and Braeden Shrewsberry are friends who played AAU together. He may not fit with Rhoades style.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT