ADVERTISEMENT

2024-25 HODGE

Just another PSU Fan

Jan 25, 2013
it's time to start the chatter for 2024-25 Hodge winner!

Is it automatic for the first ever 5x champ?!

Is it staying in Happy Valley for the next 3 years? Mitchell has the potential to be the most dominant! TF after TF after TF ... maybe 3x Hodge Winner?

Are the voters tired of PSU? Will it go back to Mizzou?

Carter, Keegan, Parker, DGK and Mitch would be my 5 preseason frontrunners.
I would think the list of front runners is 2 people long. If Carter wins 5, well "boom". If Carter doesn't win then a 2 timer who beats a 4 timer to win that second title is pretty much an automatic. Even if we are looking at a 3 timer who beats a 2 time finalist, returning champ.

Reactions: mhlarch and El-Jefe
I would think the list of front runners is 2 people long. If Carter wins 5, well "boom". If Carter doesn't win then a 2 timer who beats a 4 timer to win that second title is pretty much an automatic. Even if we are looking at a 3 timer who beats a 2 time finalist, returning champ.
The only way it isn't one of those two is if Carter gets hurt.

(Well, theoretically if Carter takes a loss and then beats Keck. First part isn't happening.)

In which case, then maybe someone else could win the Hodge over Keckeisen.

OK, I really meant finalists when I said front-runners. It's Carter's to lose, no doubt about it.

OK, I really meant finalists when I said front-runners. It's Carter's to lose, no doubt about it.
Oddly enough, I thought that they removed career accomplishments as one of the criteria. No doubt Carter's bonus this season should be stellar.

I am still slightly sore about Zain not getting his first when it was deserved, and the split between Spencer and Gable was a travesty. Even the Hodge is not immune from mischief.

We may get the PK v. Starocci match to start the season Pyles said on FRL today when talking about starocci hodge potential, “he has to beat Parker at potentially the all star and NCAAs”

Mitch wins the Hodge and doesn’t lose another College match
I'm super excited for MM's season! It will be successful and entertaining. We know he'll get a lot of TF's, hope he can add more falls.

The only thing that concerns me, is which weight he will go at. I couldn't find the thread discussing Levi and MM bumping up, and if my weak memory serves me right, some were speculating on a two weight jump for MM. Does he have the frame for that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT