ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Freaks list (4 PSU players make the list)

How can Singleton be on this list when so many “expert” posters on here claim he sucks?
No one says he "sucks"--he's just our second best back which isn't an insult. Singleton is best used in the pass and return game--he's a great runner but not as consistent. His long run last year was just 24 yards and he only had a handful of 20 yard runs all year. Allen was the better back last year. I don't know why that bothers you or why you think that means people say "he sucks". We need both. Allen needs to get the most carries though and touches should be about even.

Reactions: lazydave841
No one says he "sucks"--he's just our second best back which isn't an insult. Singleton is best used in the pass and return game--he's a great runner but not as consistent. His long run last year was just 24 yards and he only had a handful of 20 yard runs all year. Allen was the better back last year. I don't know why that bothers you or why you think that means people say "he sucks". We need both. Allen needs to get the most carries though and touches should be about even.
I don't think there is a gap between those 2 either way. They are just different types of backs. I hope the new OC utilizes them to maximize their strengths. I just didn't see that with Yurcich. I think there is a good chance that we do see it this year. And it is scary that Singleton's already very good 40 time is now in the elite range. Get him in space!

The list lost credibility last year with van den berg. Give me something more than measurements

You said he sucks. Every single one of your posts about Singleton has been negative. A quick search turns up 8 pages of you bashing him. What kind of a person spends that much time insulting a player on his supposed favorite team without a single nice thing to say?

Singleton has been awful this year. Averaging less than 4 yards per carry. No big runs even against pathetic teams like Delaware. Allen hasn't been much better. They've both underachieved thus far and we all know it.
Their RB room is clearly deep if they're still effective with the top 3 guys out but keep rambling.
Singleton showed he sucks again today but bash Ohio State.
Not denying that. Just disagreeing that Singleton's performance thus far has been anything better than subpar. He has to be better or he has to be less involved.
The guy that was averaging until 4 yards a carry against P5 opponents going into that game is our best offensive play maker? Can we please stop making Singleton into Barry Sanders or Barkley? He's been a huge disappointment this season. After his hot start Saturday he had 6 carries for 6 yards and dropped a pass.

You said he sucks. Every single one of your posts about Singleton has been negative. A quick search turns up 8 pages of you bashing him. What kind of a person spends that much time insulting a player on his supposed favorite team without a single nice thing to say?
All of those comments were true
And you took the "sucks" one out of context because it's comparing him to Ohio State's backs -- which he did suck compared to them.
Singleton was a huge disappointed last year--many here thought he'd be the best back in the nation and he wasn't even the best back on his team. He was supbar (see the YPC) and saw the field way too much over Allen.
The sucks comment is even clearly in comparison to Ohio State with what you shared.

Reactions: scrivener
All of those comments were true
And you took the "sucks" one out of context because it's comparing him to Ohio State's backs -- which he did suck compared to them.
Singleton was a huge disappointed last year--many here thought he'd be the best back in the nation and he wasn't even the best back on his team. He was supbar (see the YPC) and saw the field way too much over Allen.
The sucks comment is even clearly in comparison to Ohio State with what you shared.
These types of things are why a lot of posters here think you aren't a PSU fan. Maybe you are just an extremely negative person which would be grating to anyone close to you. But it may be a good idea, if you are a PSU fan, to post things favorable to PSU sometimes to even it out. Just a thought, you can do what you want.

These types of things are why a lot of posters here think you aren't a PSU fan. Maybe you are just an extremely negative person which would be grating to anyone close to you. But it may be a good idea, if you are a PSU fan, to post things favorable to PSU sometimes to even it out. Just a thought, you can do what you want.
There's tons of good things to say about the program but we can't just pretend everyone on our team is elite or playing to their potential
Many of us said repeatedly throughout the season that the lack of "splash" plays particularly in our run game would kill us against Michigan and Ohio State--they did.
Singleton has to be better. He doesn't "suck" but he sucked at times (see the Ohio State game--especially the drop).
Singleton isn't being used correctly in our offense so, to be fair, maybe it's a blame Franklin.
And, to your point, I defend others like Allar the time.

Reactions: scrivener
There's tons of good things to say about the program but we can't just pretend everyone on our team is elite or playing to their potential
Many of us said repeatedly throughout the season that the lack of "splash" plays particularly in our run game would kill us against Michigan and Ohio State--they did.
Singleton has to be better. He doesn't "suck" but he sucked at times (see the Ohio State game--especially the drop).
Singleton isn't being used correctly in our offense so, to be fair, maybe it's a blame Franklin.
And, to your point, I defend others like Allar the time.
I haven't seen you defend any PSU players or anything PSU. I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

At least bring him in for the T Formation! Modern day Fridge!
Potentially a good idea. My only concern is that you already get a lot of fumbles in short yardage especially near the goal line stretching for the mark. If we give it to a defensive player, the odds of that increase as they just aren't used to handling the ball. I think would give it to him if he's in the T, at least to show it, maybe not with the Ohio St game on the line.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
I haven't seen you defend any PSU players or anything PSU. I'll keep my eyes peeled though.
You haven't ever seen me say I'm not worried about Allar?. Interesting
Let's be honest, I'm more confident in the program than most since many are worried about WVU.

Potentially a good idea. My only concern is that you already get a lot of fumbles in short yardage especially near the goal line stretching for the mark. If we give it to a defensive player, the odds of that increase as they just aren't used to handling the ball. I think would give it to him if he's in the T, at least to show it, maybe not with the Ohio St game on the line.

I'd be fine with him just lead blocking back there lol

Singleton’s 40 time is impressive. He’s in for a big year.
MY often ran him up the middle and rarely designed plays to get him in space. Remember, Singleton was disgruntled at one point late last season and if I remember correctly was thinking about transferring. It’s professional malpractice that a rb who runs a 4.35 40 was not properly utilized. AK will get Singleton in the right spots to have a great year.

MY often ran him up the middle and rarely designed plays to get him in space. Remember, Singleton was disgruntled at one point late last season and if I remember correctly was thinking about transferring. It’s professional malpractice that a rb who runs a 4.35 40 was not properly utilized. AK will get Singleton in the right spots to have a great year.
I agree he needs to be used better but he also needs to be able to run between the tackles

Jason Cabinda?

• Wow
Reactions: EdwardoCarrachio
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT