ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2024 Penn State vs. West Virginia season opener set for Big Noon Kickoff

F’ Corrupt, Greedy Fox!!!!!!!!

They shouldn’t even be doing college football games they’re horrific at it!

I hate noon games. They F up the whole day.
Noon games definitely are too early, especially if you are attending. I know that the reason why there are noon games is to serve as lead-ins to the big games that start at 3:30 p.m., but I don't think that games should start any earlier than 1:30 p.m.

Sucks. Couch burning isn’t as fun in the daylight !😢
GO2OaABWoAATmU2

Must be a whole lot of young pups making the previous posts. The greatest time for football was 1:00 PM kickoff. Not too early. Plenty of time to arrive. Plenty of time to tailgate. Game over in time to have dinner and then drive home.

Reactions: bison13
Must be a whole lot of young pups making the previous posts. The greatest time for football was 1:00 PM kickoff. Not too early. Plenty of time to arrive. Plenty of time to tailgate. Game over in time to have dinner and then drive home.
Yep...nooner games driven by TV as they can get three games in: noon, 3:30,ish and 7:30 ish EST.

Reactions: The Spin Meister

Yeah, I always find it funny when I remember that 1:00 PM was the "standard" time PSU used for kickoffs for games that weren't being broadcasted. And yet you see people complaining about TV networks interfering and going noon kickoffs. 🤷‍♀️

Best time is 3:30-4:00. Plenty of time to drive up, do some shopping, tailgate, see old friends, enjoy game, and drive home. But motels hate it as no one has to stay over night which might be why there are so few of them 🤷🏿‍♂️

Also best for home viewing. Can do yard work, barbecue, entertain, hunting, work, whatever. Watch game, relax a bit to calm down after be getting referined, and get some sleep.

Best time is 3:30-4:00. Plenty of time to drive up, do some shopping, tailgate, see old friends, enjoy game, and drive home. But motels hate it as no one has to stay over night which might be why there are so few of them 🤷🏿‍♂️

Also best for home viewing. Can do yard work, barbecue, entertain, hunting, work, whatever. Watch game, relax a bit to calm down after be getting referined, and get some sleep.
Agreed but with the introduction of four Pacific Standard Time teams we may have fewer and fewer of these. I can see most of our games at 12 and premier games at 7ish. The West Coast teams then get the 3:30 kickoff (12:30 Pacific).

Back in my day kickoffs were always at 1:30. I could leave Reading after sunrise, eat lunch at Duffy's Tavern, park near the stadium and drive home with the sun still shining. Now I can do the same for noon games but had to buy a condo near Bellefonte.

I have noon starts because then I can watch other games all day without having to be stressed about how we'll do. If you don't like going to games at noon then don't go. It's a real easy solution

Reactions: NJPSU
I remember a post from sometime a long, long time ago about Bo Schembechler making a statement about "the shoe meets leather at 1:30 pm, if you want to broadcast the game, be there then." or something like that. I think the colleges should put the TV people back in their place. In particular cut down the number of tv interruptions.

Reactions: psu00
I remember a post from sometime a long, long time ago about Bo Schembechler making a statement about "the shoe meets leather at 1:30 pm, if you want to broadcast the game, be there then." or something like that. I think the colleges should put the TV people back in their place. In particular cut down the number of tv interruptions.
Ummm...you know how much money they're paying these schools, right? TV should dictate when they're played.

Definitely helps that this isn’t a night game opener. Their crowd would have been wild (and drunk). Noon crowds are never that intimidating.

Definitely helps that this isn’t a night game opener. Their crowd would have been wild (and drunk). Noon crowds are never that intimidating.
The former Pitt qb who hosts a Saturday 8:00 a.m, Pitt Sports Show on The Fan predicted this morning that WVU will beat PSU, for whatever that’s worth. Considering his obvious bias, it’s not an outlandish prediction. However, Franklin almost always wins early games like this, even on the road.

The one thing that I do expect is for Pitt to be even worse than they were last season, because their head coach is totally incompetent and is systemically destroying whatever program he had.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJPSU
The former Pitt qb who hosts a Saturday 8:00 a.m, Pitt Sports Show on The Fan predicted this morning that WVU will beat PSU, for whatever that’s worth.
A former Pitt QB picked Penn State to lose. I'm stunned. Next you'll say a certain drunk punter that works for ESPN will do the same.

A former Pitt QB picked Penn State to lose. I'm stunned. Next you'll say a certain drunk punter that works for ESPN will do the same.
I’m just reporting what a guy who analyzes college football for a living said. I didn’t say whether I believe him. This is also the same guy who said last season that he thought that Allar could put PSU over the top after the WVU game.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
I suspect that Pitt QB knows little about either team’s returning roster.

I’m just reporting what a guy who analyzes college football for a living said. I didn’t say whether I believe him. This is also the same guy who said last season that he thought that Allar could put PSU over the top after the WVU game.
Yeah you just "reported" it with no intention behind that. Grow a set and own your actions.

Yeah, Bo told those tv people to “toughen up” and if they complain he would punch them in the chest. That was Bo’s response to any complaint that came across his desk, even if it was regarding Dr. Anal up in Ann Arbor.

People may be worried or confident with the WVU game. Opinions will vary, but I fully expect a hostile environment, (for both the team and visiting PSU fans).

In an opening game where the team hasn’t started to gel yet and has new O and D coordinators with the usual early season learning curve, I expect this game to be tighter and more nerve wracking/ anxiety producing than some. On paper, Penn State should win but I can’t argue with anyone who has an ‘upset alert’ feeling about the game.

It will be interesting to see the changes, (or lack of changes), this year with the new coordinators and the status of the passing game given the wide receiver situation.

The former Pitt qb who hosts a Saturday 8:00 a.m, Pitt Sports Show on The Fan predicted this morning that WVU will beat PSU, for whatever that’s worth. Considering his obvious bias, it’s not an outlandish prediction. However, Franklin almost always wins early games like this, even on the road.

The one thing that I do expect is for Pitt to be even worse than they were last season, because their head coach is totally incompetent and is systemically destroying whatever program he had.

🤣

Sucks. Couch burning isn’t as fun in the daylight !😢
WVU fans were definitely disappointed that we didn't get to kick this one at night. The tailgating scene would've been an all day long affair with vast amounts of Moonshine, pepperoni rolls, wild game on grills - a good time had by all. Now, it will still be a great scene. But noon sneaks up early on Saturdays.

That said, pretty excited for the Big Noon showcase from Morgantown for Game 1.

WVU fans are very optimistic about this version of Mountaineer football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT