ADVERTISEMENT

2024 wrestler Joe Sealey to PSU!!!

“I would give my life for Spencer”

“I would bear Spencer’s child”

“Sadulaev < Spencer”

“Lar’s phone bill”

These aren’t really punchy - need to be more succinct, but the possibilities are endless
Ironbird during his REM state.
giphy.gif

That is a bold statement and I like it but you really see Robbie Howard and Bartlett winning titles before they are done? I think the talent is there but the results haven’t been. If Robbie can get healthy I see him as a high AA but I’m not sure about champ and Bartlett at 141 should be in the mix for mid tier AA as well. As far as SVN, Haines, Facundo, and Kerk I most definitely agree that titles and probably multiple are in their future
Yes

Reactions: nitlion6 and zzs006
That is a bold statement and I like it but you really see Robbie Howard and Bartlett winning titles before they are done? I think the talent is there but the results haven’t been. If Robbie can get healthy I see him as a high AA but I’m not sure about champ and Bartlett at 141 should be in the mix for mid tier AA as well. As far as SVN, Haines, Facundo, and Kerk I most definitely agree that titles and probably multiple are in their future
Howard with a bum shoulder and only a handful of matches that season finished R16 as a true frosh, IF, and it's a big IF he can remain healthy he will definitely, IMHO, be in the national title hunt in a few years.

I wouldn’t doubt Spencer Lee’s potential coaching abilities. Do you know how hard it is to turn a 3 time world champion (by age 18) in to someone who doesn’t even try anymore? I’m sure kids with big dreams can’t wait to follow the Lee 3 Inch Binder Career Plan.

Spencer can't be the head coach. If he was guys like Aaron Brooks would have received a phone call and guys like Warner, Marinelli and Abe would have developed.Y
Yeah, not to mention Desanto, Eierman, Kemmerer and S. Brooks.

I wouldn’t doubt Spencer Lee’s potential coaching abilities. Do you know how hard it is to turn a 3 time world champion (by age 18) in to someone who doesn’t even try anymore? I’m sure kids with big dreams can’t wait to follow the Lee 3 Inch Binder Career Plan.
They sure do have a lot of confidence Lee could recruit. I’m old enough to remember them telling us that Spencer being there was gonna have the PA pipeline gushing talent to them only to watch it become nonexistent.

They sure do have a lot of confidence Lee could recruit. I’m old enough to remember them telling us that Spencer being there was gonna have the PA pipeline gushing talent to them only to watch it become nonexistent.
If Spencer is going to be a great recruiter, just imagine how good Yianni will be! I'll have to check out one of Ironbird's posts to find the right superlative.

I personally feel Kem would be a better coach and recruiter. May not be something he wants to do tho.
Kem has been everywhere with what he wants to do, which is understandable since he has so many options with his abilities on and off the mat. There were reports he didn't want to come back a 6th year even and he didn't for his 7th and was ready to move on to a career in business. He also said he intended to sign with HWC after graduation originally.

He would certainly make a fantastic coach, anyone who knows him (including multiple PSU wrestlers) have only great things to say, he's very intelligent and is one of the most technically sound wrestlers ever.

Didn't Kem go to Ithaca to coach for their RTC? Am I totally making that up? Full disclaimer, it's entirely possible...

When was the last time Iowa had a middleweight national champion? Derek St. John?

If you're a potential 157-165-174-184 type guy, Penn State has to be at the top of your list.

ADVERTISEMENT