ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting 2025 RB Kiandrea Barker has decommitted from Penn State

Nicely done by the staff
Nothing against the kid for deciding to leave but if someone decommits this is my expectation
Thanks for confirming
Kind of agree, however this type of situation is why these kids should not commit so early unless 100% sure. The visit process is in place for a reason.

Kind of agree, however this type of situation is why these kids should not commit so early unless 100% sure. The visit process is in place for a reason.
I feel like there's pressure on them to commit and some, like this kid, feel like if they don't the offer won't be there while they figure things out.
It's a messy system but I do understand why they "reserve" their spot by committing especially when he has an offer of this level and they're willing to accept the commitment.

Agreed. However, it does occur to me that it could be the other way around. PSU is loaded at RB and it could be that PSU has decided that they really don't want this kid to take a RB slot. I don't know, just spit-ballin.

Agreed. However, it does occur to me that it could be the other way around. PSU is loaded at RB and it could be that PSU has decided that they really don't want this kid to take a RB slot. I don't know, just spit-ballin.
Guessing they had a long conversation. We are loaded and he would have struggled to get playing time.

Probably the best for both and I wish him only the best….. unless he goes to Pitt!

Does our overall recruiting ranking actually go up with this de-commit?
Our average goes up and total goes down, so it depends on how the service judges the class, total points vs average per recruit. Hope he does well, but like the others I’m not losing sleep either.

Hopefully, the decision is mutually agreeable and for the best.

That being said, I wonder why PSU soured on him if that is indeed the case. I don't like any school to pull the rug from beneath a kid this late in the process, if at all.
Just like the kid...until they sign we can change our mind. No problem with it at all. It's worse to bring the kid in when he's no longer wanted.

Feel for the young man and wish him the best wherever he lands. He committed to PSU and obviously we may like someone else more. I'm torn on something like this because we are likely upgrading, and he's being left behind. But I guess that is D1 football these days.
Richie has already explained that there are off the field concerns regarding Barker.

Reactions: PSU4U
Richie has already explained that there are off the field concerns regarding Barker.
You see this all the time especially with 3-star recruits (Barker is 0.8736 on the 247 Composite) as schools won't let out the dirty on kids (grades, attitude, disciplinary issues.....etc). The school will just give him a nudge out the door ---- all bgtime football programs do it

Last edited:
Reactions: rcy4499
Either that or he looked at the talent around him and realize he needed to look elsewhere. Either way, we’re better off.

This is just my interpretation, but I think the staff feels they have enough running backs in the class and that with some personal issues they viewed for the young man that it is best if they use his scholarship for someone else at a different position.
I see. This is interesting and I was not aware of the combined "overall perceived quality of commits" vs. his bad behavior. I appreciate your taking the time. Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT