ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Trump Term Means Real Economic Progress for Black Communities

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
And that is good news for America. Maybe @2lion70 will believe it directly from a black American?? Likely not. Hate has driven him irrational.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...onomic_progress_black_communities_151675.html

In 2019, I became the first African American to lead a federal financial regulatory agency when President Trump made me Chairman of the National Credit Union Administration, the independent federal agency overseeing credit unions across the country. From that position, I had a unique view of how economic policies impacted African American workers, families, and businesses.

As the 2024 election approaches, I am confident a second Trump administration will build on the record of accomplishment in his first term, especially for African American communities. Particularly when comparing Trump’s solid policy proposals to the lack of any clear positions articulated by Vice President Kamala Harris in her rare media appearances, it is clear Republicans intend to be competitive in appealing to African American voters. Such appeals could be decisive in critical battleground states like my home state of North Carolina, where African Americans, as nearly 22% of the electorate, could make a meaningful difference in the election’s outcome.

The concerns I hear from American families are unmistakable: soaring inflation, stagnant wages that haven’t kept pace with rising costs, and an ever-increasing cost of living. These are daily realities under the Biden-Harris administration, where inflation has surged over the last three years. Even as inflation has slowed this year, the prices of everyday necessities remain high, and families are struggling to keep up. Every trip to the grocery store reminds North Carolinians that their dollars simply don’t stretch as far as they once did.

Financial inclusiveness was a key priority during Trump’s first term, and the impact was clear. Through policies that reduced regulatory burdens and encouraged economic growth, more African American families were able to access financial services and build wealth. The lower interest rates during this time made homeownership more attainable, and as a result, more African Americans were able to buy homes, a key factor in wealth creation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.