ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of thoughts

NCLION

May 29, 2001
Random:

For three quarters PSU gave us a taste of being a part of big time college football
that was the most fun I have had watching a PSU game in a while until the collapse

Defense:

I like Diaz but he has to get away from the blitz at all costs strategy more.
Smart coaches have planned for it

I really think our DLine has learned from Michigan debacle and cleaned up gap control (except one series on long run)

its just torture because we dont have a dominant Pash rusher.

hopefully 44 will get stronger as will 33.

people whine about Porter but no one really throws his way. we will miss him trust me.

our other CB aren’t bad. Most of Harrison’s yards were underneath slants where we are really soft
again let’s see if Diaz fixes this issue

11 will be good, just needs time.

I don’t follow recruiting but is there a LB stud coming in that can help? I don’t think we have anyone on roster to step up.

We tackled well yesterday, again more coaching improvements on Defense.

Offense:

I like the wrinkles we have started using on offense

I love the jumbo package and really think we feature this going forward. Pound the run and get 13 and 10 ready to control offense next year.

I am loving 13‘s game. Just all around polished for a freshman

We need to get Singleton on edge more, he doesn’t have great vision yet but if he gets a bit stronger he is going to start breaking more first contact tackles

I love both guys on field at same time as well and like seeing 10 throw some great blocks

given our injuries I don’t think OLine was awful until last five minutes.

I don’t understand why it took this long to make Washington focus of passing game, he’s great
no one else has really stepped up.

I have a good feeling about #18. He just looks quick. I want to see him more in preparation for next year.
I assume 3 and 5 leave so we are going to have a hole at WR. Again anything coming from recruiting?

Clifford has been analyzEd to death. Let’s just say he is a good kid but it’s time to work Allar in more.
my main issue with Cliff is that even the short, quick stuff like screens looks torturously hard.
nothing flows.

Bottom line you can’t beat #2 with four turnovers. I think there is a ton of pressure now on Allar and I worry losing #3 and perhaps a few TE will make it hard next year. I also don’t know how our OLine will stack up.

Random:

For three quarters PSU gave us a taste of being a part of big time college football
that was the most fun I have had watching a PSU game in a while until the collapse

Defense:

I like Diaz but he has to get away from the blitz at all costs strategy more.
Smart coaches have planned for it

I really think our DLine has learned from Michigan debacle and cleaned up gap control (except one series on long run)

its just torture because we dont have a dominant Pash rusher.

hopefully 44 will get stronger as will 33.

people whine about Porter but no one really throws his way. we will miss him trust me.

our other CB aren’t bad. Most of Harrison’s yards were underneath slants where we are really soft
again let’s see if Diaz fixes this issue

11 will be good, just needs time.

I don’t follow recruiting but is there a LB stud coming in that can help? I don’t think we have anyone on roster to step up.

We tackled well yesterday, again more coaching improvements on Defense.

Offense:

I like the wrinkles we have started using on offense

I love the jumbo package and really think we feature this going forward. Pound the run and get 13 and 10 ready to control offense next year.

I am loving 13‘s game. Just all around polished for a freshman

We need to get Singleton on edge more, he doesn’t have great vision yet but if he gets a bit stronger he is going to start breaking more first contact tackles

I love both guys on field at same time as well and like seeing 10 throw some great blocks

given our injuries I don’t think OLine was awful until last five minutes.

I don’t understand why it took this long to make Washington focus of passing game, he’s great
no one else has really stepped up.

I have a good feeling about #18. He just looks quick. I want to see him more in preparation for next year.
I assume 3 and 5 leave so we are going to have a hole at WR. Again anything coming from recruiting?

Clifford has been analyzEd to death. Let’s just say he is a good kid but it’s time to work Allar in more.
my main issue with Cliff is that even the short, quick stuff like screens looks torturously hard.
nothing flows.

Bottom line you can’t beat #2 with four turnovers. I think there is a ton of pressure now on Allar and I worry losing #3 and perhaps a few TE will make it hard next year. I also don’t know how our OLine will stack up.
A “couple” of thoughts?

Reactions: AvgUser
ADVERTISEMENT