ADVERTISEMENT

A day later and still can't believe this hasn't been mentioned..

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
With how the officials are criticized on here..

Steelers played bad yesterday, but they were clearly hosed on the Antonio Brown TD and review..He clearly had possession with 2 feet in..Mike Pereia even said it was a bad call.

Well, just because Mike Pereira says something is wrong doesn't mean it is. I thought the no-catch was the correct call. It didn't look to me like he truly got possession until too late. But that's what makes it subjective, and why it's not perfect.

Reactions: fairgambit
Let's be brutally honest here: Both Ben and Tomlin contributed mightily to our losing yesterday's game. Zebras could not help us overcome their stupidity!!!

It doesn't matter, Ben played bad. He deserves to be left alone for one bad game.. That was clear TD!!

Steelers played bad yesterday, but they were clearly hosed on the Antonio Brown TD and review..He clearly had possession with 2 feet in..Mike Pereia even said it was a bad call.
Previously mentioned about the double NFL standard regarding a running TD versus a passing TD. Passes require a catch, 2 feet down and a football move or possession maintained through entire play versus a runner just breaking the plane. AB had a TD there IMO. NFL sucks with these excessive rules

Reactions: BBrown and TheGLOV

I thought so as well initially. But the review clearly showed the ball came loose after the first foot came off the ground.... Correct call was made. Go watch it some more....

Well, just because Mike Pereira says something is wrong doesn't mean it is. I thought the no-catch was the correct call. It didn't look to me like he truly got possession until too late. But that's what makes it subjective, and why it's not perfect.
So did I.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Glov you are wrong. He is about the only QB in the league that could have weathered the bad OL troubles the Steelers had for several years until Munchak took over . He is a Hall of Fame QB and one of the top 5 in the league right now. Watch a few other teams and be thankful for Ben

Nate, he repeats his mistakes like no QB I have ever seen. Watch the two Cincy games. Throws the same damn pass twice and it is intercepted twice. bad game, ok but he's a Bonehead when it comes to learning.

Delusional

You are saying he doesn't learn? He had a bad game, but come on. The guy could arguably be the best QB in the NFL right now and is a HOF. I think he has done well for himself.

Reactions: TheGLOV
The ball switched hands which means there wasn't control. When the ball came to rest in the second position the one foot was already off the ground and moving towards OB. It was very clear. Black and yellow glasses can cloud that view.

Considering this is such a pro-Steelers board, I am equally surprised at the lack of responses. Perhaps everyone was at the Opera and missed the game?

I thought it was a TD as well but with the way and rules they have for calling TD's and completed passes I was not surprised.
Something has to give either they need to simplify the rules as to what a catch is or be more consistent and use IR more often. I vote to simplify the rules.

That being said the entire Steeler team was so bad from the coaching staff on down It should never have come to that.

The NFL pass catch rule is stupid. Hitting the ground doesn't cause a fumble if you're a runner, and hitting the ground shouldn't cause a pass incompletion if you are in control of the ball at the moment you touched the ground.

I wonder if they will draft a DB in the first or second round this time? Just kidding we all know the answer to that

Glov you are wrong. He is about the only QB in the league that could have weathered the bad OL troubles the Steelers had for several years until Munchak took over . He is a Hall of Fame QB and one of the top 5 in the league right now. Watch a few other teams and be thankful for Ben

Not wrong at all sir.

You got to separate poor line play from decision making. That is where you are making the mistake.

Both times, SMART QB's would have thrown the ball away.

Bonehead chose to try to force it and make a play.

Pop Warner coaches even know that.

NFL analyst were all over his very poor bonehead decision making rjg82.

Dez Bryant summed it up last year when he said what has been a catch in every league he has played in since youth football, is now not a catch in the NFL.

Nobody knows what is a catch anymore including the officials and players.
It has become subjective to interpretation of the individual making the final call and is hurting the sport and deciding outcomes of games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT