ADVERTISEMENT

A few questions regarding closing out this season and next season:

A 3* 4th string true freshman QB is a mistake because he isn't more talented than the 6th year starter, the 5* true freshman, and the 3* redshirt freshman?

I'm just trying to follow your line of thought.
Just trying to figure out what the overall plan is for the QB room. Not saying play X or play Y, just what is the strategy. We've got a lame duck 6-year guy that at best is a mediocre game manager, another lame duck riding the pine and a 5* true freshman. Did this occur mid-season - I don't think so.

Reactions: lazydave841
Fascinating that this discussion is taking place. You can beat the drum for all the players. They work hard and are talented so they should all get to play.

Or this is based upon who gives you the best chance to win and that is who plays.

I will say that I was generally not in favor of having Clifford back. I think starting a 6th year guy is a waste year unless you think the guy can lead you to a national championship. Maybe that is what Franklin thought. With a break here and there, they could go undefeated. I would have had a new guy in there this year to develop but Franklin went with the guy that he thought gave them the best chance to win in 2022.

Other posters were able to come up with answers that were somewhat credible. Your responses fall far short of that, mostly being insults without adding the least bit of substance. We get it - you don't like fans, particularly ones that ask questions. How dare we question the all-knowing coach.
If you don’t understand that a younger player like Allar can come in and out play Veilleiux and move him to the number 3 spot, then that’s on you, not me. I’m sure the other posters on here were able to follow it.

If you don’t understand that a younger player like Allar can come in and out play Veilleiux and move him to the number 3 spot, then that’s on you, not me. I’m sure the other posters on here were able to follow it.
And you still demonstrate the total lack of ability to provide an answer to the questions I asked. If it is that obvious to everyone, what is your problem? Instead, you wish to attack anyone that asks legitimate questions. Good for you.

And you still demonstrate the total lack of ability to provide an answer to the questions I asked. If it is that obvious to everyone, what is your problem? Instead, you wish to attack anyone that asks legitimate questions. Good for you.
The only question you asked was “who is responsible for that mistake?” There was no mistake…Veilleiux can’t beat out the guys ahead of him because they’re better, so I guess your answer would be either a) Veilleiux for not being good enough to beat them out or b) Franklin for bringing in a better recruit. I say B.

The only question you asked was “who is responsible for that mistake?” There was no mistake…Veilleiux can’t beat out the guys ahead of him because they’re better, so I guess your answer would be either a) Veilleiux for not being good enough to beat them out or b) Franklin for bringing in a better recruit. I say B.
I asked more than that. Next time, I'll keep it simple just for you.

I asked more than that. Next time, I'll keep it simple just for you.
But all your questions are based on an incorrect premise, so they make no sense to ask or answer. Every coach has QB recruits that don’t pan out, that’s not poor coaching, it’s the way it is. You forget Franklin was the only coach who recruited Trace as a QB and that worked out pretty well.

But all your questions are based on an incorrect premise, so they make no sense to ask or answer. Every coach has QB recruits that don’t pan out, that’s not poor coaching, it’s the way it is. You forget Franklin was the only coach who recruited Trace as a QB and that worked out pretty well.
Yeah, I should have known "What was the plan" or "What is the plan going forward" were based on an incorrect premise that someone might have made an error in judgement. Thanks for the detailed and well thought out response, I'll know better next time.

Yeah, I should have known "What was the plan" or "What is the plan going forward" were based on an incorrect premise that someone might have made an error in judgement. Thanks for the detailed and well thought out response, I'll know better next time.
The plan going forward is to play the QB that gives us the best chance to win, same as every other coach in the country. Pretty simple actually.

Reactions: PSUSignore
The plan going forward is to play the QB that gives us the best chance to win, same as every other coach in the country. Pretty simple actually.
Given your expertise that is the best non-answer to my questions that one could expect. Very impressive and extremely informative. It is on the same level of genius as the flawless coaching we have been enjoying.

Given your expertise that is the best non-answer to my questions that one could expect. Very impressive and extremely informative. It is on the same level of genius as the flawless coaching we have been enjoying.
Not everyone can be more knowledgeable than Nick Saban yet not employed as a coach like you.

ADVERTISEMENT