ADVERTISEMENT

A look at the ramifications

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Well Afghanistan is gone to the Taliban. That’s terrible for the people, especially the ones that worked with us in any way and the women. People in their mid twenties have no idea how bad it was or will be. Tens of thousands will die. Millions will be raped and traded like sheep. Businesses will flee so poverty will skyrocket. Mass starvation, disease, civil war. There is no way to over state how terrible it will be for the people of Afghanistan. Terrible.

Looking at global ramifications it is almost as bad. The Taliban have no qualms at supporting terrorists. Over 5,000 prisoners were released from the Bagram prison, many of which were el Queda killers. Thousands more were released from regional prisons at district capitals fell. And those killers now have advanced US weapons. How many of these terrorists will now come across the open southern border? Will we have an increased in terror activity in our homeland?Absolutely terrible.

But it gets worse. China is already saying they recognize the Taliban government. They will align with them to weaken US strength in the region. Worse they know realize just how weak Biden and his team are. They will increase military activity in the S China Seas. Increase the crackdown on Hong Kong. Put more pressure on Taiwan. And expand their reach in Africa and around the globe.

If you are a Ukrainian you now fear the US will be weak and expect more Russian military activity. Putin will seize on the weakness and confusion in the Biden’s WH and in the Pentagon. Expect more trouble from him.

Iran, with their new hardline President, will flex its muscles across the Mid East. Israel now knows they are on their own. A war between Iran and Israel is much more likely. How much will the Saudis cooperate with Israel? Other ME countries? Will the ME be engulfed in war? Crude oil prices will skyrocket driving the world into a global recession.

Last, Biden and team understand all this. They know they look weak and incompetent. They know our enemies will try to take advantage of the situation. It is highly possible that Biden and team will feel the need to establish a stronger image. Will that mean they will over react to the next crisis? Will they get us into a war some where by further miscalculation?

While none of this is written in stone and is indeed speculation on my part.....it is all possible. And some of it is inevitable. All I know is we are in for a rough ride.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.