ADVERTISEMENT

A refocus on Sean Clifford

Marylovesthelions

Sep 29, 2008
Mt Dora FL
I was a freshman in 1963, and I have seen a lot of Lion QBs. I have been critical of Sean at times. Few Lion QBs played with a worse offensive line than our 2020 and 2021 teams. We just could not run the ball, no 1000 yd rushers.

When Sean went down last year, the team collapsed. A healthy Sean made the team better.

When you think of the great OL NFL talent that some of our QBs played behind, Sean's career is a testimony to his talent, determination and loyalty to a school he wanted to play at since elementary school.
He owns or shares almost all Lion QB records.
Well done, Sean Clifford. We are.

To paraphrase a great philosopher…..half of this game is 90% mental. It is impossible to determine how his career would have played out had he a solid supporting cast around him. A quality o line to protect him keeps him healthy and gives him time to run an offense. It also would have produced a much better running game, taking pressure off of him and the passing game. And an offense that could control the ball for a respectable amount of time has major impact on helping the defense play better. And the confidence that would have grown with that would have had a dramatic affect on his game.

So, after watching him last night, combined with his performance against Purdue before he got hurt, and we see a pretty good QB. It’s probable he could have been much better with a better cast around him. Just how much better cannot be determined but I would submit it would be substantially better based on last night and other games in which he was healthy.

Hope he goes to a pro team where he can reach his full potential. He has earned it.

Last edited:
To paraphrase a great philosopher…..half of this game is 90% mental. It is impossible to determine how his career would have played out had he a solid supporting cast around him. A quality o line to protect him keeps him healthy and gives him time to run an offense. It also would have produced a much better running game, taking pressure off of him and the passing game. And an offense that could control the ball for a respectable amount of time has major impact on helping the defense play better. And the confidence that would have grown with that would have had a dramatic affect on his game.

So, after watching him last night, combined with his performance against Purdue before he got hurt, and we see a pretty good QB. It’s probable he could have been much better with a better cast around him. Just how much better cannot be determined but I would submit it would be substantially better based on last night and other games in which he was healthy.

Hope he goes to a pro team where he can reach his full potential. He has earned it.
He’s a pretty good college qb. Works for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT