ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Brooks appreciation thread

Nope. Blue chip recruits don’t matter for Ohio St. They regress in the room.
Stieber regressed a ton for sure
So did Snyder
Moore's development (as a Not Top 100 recruit) doesn't count since he isn't blue chip obviously

So did Snyder
Moore's development (as a Not Top 100 recruit) doesn't count since he isn't blue chip obviously
This may be up for debate, but while not regressing, I don’t think Sasso has improved at the rate that one would expect, and I think he’s pretty great.

So did Snyder
Stieber went from winning a national championship as a freshman to losing to a freshman who didn't even start for his team the following season as a junior.

Big regression.

Stieber went from winning a national championship as a freshman to losing to a freshman who didn't even start for his team the following season as a junior.

Big regression.
C'mon man, it's well known he was sick and wasn't really trying!

Reactions: Dogwelder
I had forgot about that match! You could almost read Deakin's mind going into the third period, "He's already humiliated me by taking me down eight times. There is no way I am letting him escape and take me down again. I don't care how many stall calls I have to give up!" :) Jason was definitely on a mission that match. To do that to a wrestler the caliber of Deakin just shows how special Jason was. His pace, attack rate and conversion rate were simply amazing.

Kind of funny how we talk about Deakin and carr like they are the cream of the crop. What would nolf do to carr I wonder. Pretty much the same thing.
Nolf would very likely beat Carr, but he would hold up much better than Deakin. I would predict decision, maybe a major, but Jason would have to work hard to earn it. Jason is certainly an all time PSU great, but Carr is no slouch. In the few times I have seen Carr, he just seems like much more polished wrestler than Deakin.

Nolf would very likely beat Carr, but he would hold up much better than Deakin. I would predict decision, maybe a major, but Jason would have to work hard to earn it. Jason is certainly an all time PSU great, but Carr is no slouch. In the few times I have seen Carr, he just seems like much more polished wrestler than Deakin.
Sometime next summer stop by Taylor's building and watch Jason and Carr roll around.

Reactions: PAgeologist
I guess you don’t read this board much. The next 5 titles are already in the bag
That's called confidence, they still have yet to be wrestled. It's not like PSU is claiming a title in, oh... say 2020. No sir, that distinction goes to another team.

You are right, I'm just not as big of a PSU fan as you.

Last edited:
FWIW, if the team race is already decided by Sat night, I will be rooting for AB. Somehow he is able to portray extreme confidence AND remain humble simultaneously, which is not easy. As others have already mentioned, he is an excellent wrestler and has a style that is fun(yeah I said it) to watch.

PSU got a(nother) gem in AB.
“If”?

Reactions: hlstone
If the team race is decided Friday night, feel free to root for all our guys on Saturday.

We dont mind growing the sport.

Absolutely. Can't imagine there would be many PSU guys left to root for on Sat though, if the Hawks already have it wrapped up Friday...

dad-joke-memes-outro.gif

• Haha
Reactions: johnstownsteel
ADVERTISEMENT