ADVERTISEMENT

Adam T's new book

We were in the second row of the stadium, pretty much at the yard marker where it happened.:eek:

Had it not been for tOSU medical staff knowing what they were doing and getting to it quickly, the story would have been much worse. Those guys did an amazing job that day.

Tons of respect for him, honestly, but I'll be very interested in hearing how he handles the Paterno issues.

Because I just won't let it go, let us stop and remember for a moment what Adam T was up to during the Penn State game on Sept 17th, 2016 (also known as the 50th anniversary of Joe's first game coaching)..

DA Seth Williams Penn State vs. Temple Football Game Watch Party

Please join SETH WILLIAMS, District Attorney of Philadelphia, for a Penn State vs. Temple Football Game Watch Party! With special guest, Adam Taliaferro, joined by players from both teams.

David A. Miller, a classmate and friend of Williams' since they were students together at Penn State, emphasized that while his name is on the flier, he will not be in attendance at the event.

"Seth asked if I would be on board with being one of the hosts, knowing I have a whole lot of Penn State friends in the area and from being a former player" – Miller played safety for the Nittany Lions – "and I could try to get a lot of them to attend. But even when he asked me to be on board, I let him know I probably wouldn’t be there because I was considering going up to the game. I have decided I am going – I'm not going to be at the fundraiser – but I let him know he could put my name on" the promotional materials.

Miller said that the controversies swirling around Williams didn't factor in to his decision to miss the event, but allowed that he wouldn't be attaching his name to any fundraising efforts for his friend in the near future. "Until some of the current things going on get cleared up and things look a little better, frankly, I would be a little hesitant to participate in anything," he acknowledged. "Seth is a friend, and I think he has done some great things for the city. I still support him, but the things that he has admitted to doing have absolutely given me pause. Being a business owner, I have to be conscious of what I attach my name to.

We were in the second row of the stadium, pretty much at the yard marker where it happened.:eek:

Had it not been for tOSU medical staff knowing what they were doing and getting to it quickly, the story would have been much worse. Those guys did an amazing job that day.
Too bad the team has no class. I seem to recall them scoring unnecessary touchdowns in the 40 point blowout after the hearts and minds of our players were elsewhere.

You beat me to it!

I, too, choose to abstain from reading this book. My sources of inspiration are a bit different than his.

Reactions: dtwice

Too bad the team has no class. I seem to recall them scoring unnecessary touchdowns in the 40 point blowout after the hearts and minds of our players were elsewhere.
Not everyone around here was happy with Cooper for that either.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and Bob78
Because I just won't let it go, let us stop and remember for a moment what Adam T was up to during the Penn State game on Sept 17th, 2016 (also known as the 50th anniversary of Joe's first game coaching)..

Please join SETH WILLIAMS, District Attorney of Philadelphia, for a Penn State vs. Temple Football Game Watch Party! With special guest, Adam Taliaferro, joined by players from both teams.

David A. Miller, a classmate and friend of Williams' since they were students together at Penn State, emphasized that while his name is on the flier, he will not be in attendance at the event.

"Seth asked if I would be on board with being one of the hosts, knowing I have a whole lot of Penn State friends in the area and from being a former player" – Miller played safety for the Nittany Lions – "and I could try to get a lot of them to attend. But even when he asked me to be on board, I let him know I probably wouldn’t be there because I was considering going up to the game. I have decided I am going – I'm not going to be at the fundraiser – but I let him know he could put my name on" the promotional materials.

Miller said that the controversies swirling around Williams didn't factor in to his decision to miss the event, but allowed that he wouldn't be attaching his name to any fundraising efforts for his friend in the near future. "Until some of the current things going on get cleared up and things look a little better, frankly, I would be a little hesitant to participate in anything," he acknowledged. "Seth is a friend, and I think he has done some great things for the city. I still support him, but the things that he has admitted to doing have absolutely given me pause. Being a business owner, I have to be conscious of what I attach my name to.

yarp. stole my thoughts exactly.

Hey now baby, get into my big black car.
I just want to show you what my politics are.

I'm a political man and I practice what I preach.
I'm a political man and I practice what I preach.
So don't deny me baby, not while you're in my reach.

I support the left, though I'm leaning, leaning to the right.
I support the left, though I'm leaning, leaning to the right.
But I'm not there when it's coming to a fight.

I just want to show you what my politics are.

I will buy and read. I know Assam and his family and feel that I have better perspective on his situation than others.
FWIW:

Having a personal relationship with the individual and his family, more often than not, leads to a far LESS clear perspective.

No offense. Just saying.

(Probably a bit of a sore topic for anyone - like me - concerned about the dereliction of the PSU Trustees......... but that's another story)

I am sorry he met with adversity as a young man. I am also sad that he probably deals with physical pain everyday of his life......even though those of us outside his circle feel he made a full recovery.,
It is unfortunate that he never had the football career it appears he was destined to have.
Having said all of this and I mean it sincerely, it doesn't entitle him to be a dick about Joe and the others at PSU who stood by him.

Maybe he was smart enough to not feel some level of obligation to support Joe. Perhaps he graduated with a Penn State degree and learned how to think for himself.

Joe coaches thousands of players... are you going to hold a grudge against all of the ones who didn't attend?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT