ADVERTISEMENT

AKB: Concert in Lancaster

PSU2UNC

Feb 9, 2016
I'm going to a concert in Lancaster next week. Never been before so asking the group for some info.

Show is at Freedom Hall, which I guess in the convention center?? Anyone been to a show there? Seated? SRO? Adult beverages for sale? Any other need to know info about venue?

Any can't miss bars or restaurants nearby? I'm thinking Lancaster Brewing for before the show and "DipCo" (Lancaster Dispensing Company) for after (seems like one of the few spots open late on a Tuesday).

Any/all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I'm going to a concert in Lancaster next week. Never been before so asking the group for some info.

Show is at Freedom Hall, which I guess in the convention center?? Anyone been to a show there? Seated? SRO? Adult beverages for sale? Any other need to know info about venue?

Any can't miss bars or restaurants nearby? I'm thinking Lancaster Brewing for before the show and "DipCo" (Lancaster Dispensing Company) for after (seems like one of the few spots open late on a Tuesday).

Thanks.
What time are you arriving in Lancaster? The Central Market is open so if you want something to eat I'd go if you get in before 1:00PM. It closes at 3:00PM on Tuesday's but many vendors spend the last hour or so cleaning up.

Thanks.
The convention center is in a renovated historical building on the square in downtown Lancaster. It has pretty much everything you’d expect a modern convention center to have. There are numerous bars and restaurants within walking distance in any direction from the square. Even more within a short drive. The Dispensing Co has kind of gone downhill in recent years but they serve drinks and have a great location tucked in an alley just off the square. The Horse Inn is another historic speakeasy type place with better food than Dispensing Co. There are several higher end restaurants in that vicinity as well.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
What time are you arriving in Lancaster? The Central Market is open so if you want something to eat I'd go if you get in before 1:00PM. It closes at 3:00PM on Tuesday's but many vendors spend the last hour or so cleaning up.
Thanks. I likely won't arrive until close to 3 but appreciate the suggestion.

The convention center is in a renovated historical building on the square in downtown Lancaster. It has pretty much everything you’d expect a modern convention center to have. There are numerous bars and restaurants within walking distance in any direction from the square. Even more within a short drive. The Dispensing Co has kind of gone downhill in recent years but they serve drinks and have a great location tucked in an alley just off the square. The Horse Inn is another historic speakeasy type place with better food than Dispensing Co. There are several higher end restaurants in that vicinity as well.
Thanks. I was mainly thinking Dispensing Co for after the show for drinks since it is a) right there and b) apparently open late. I likely won't eat there. Appreciate the Horse Inn suggestion and the other intel. Cheers!

Thanks. I was mainly thinking Dispensing Co for after the show for drinks since it is a) right there and b) apparently open late. I likely won't eat there. Appreciate the Horse Inn suggestion and the other intel. Cheers!
Who is playing?

This is only a block away. Pretty much a younger crowd. I think they have bars on 3 different floors. My daughter enjoys going there.

Thanks. I may be too old for a "younger crowd" but may check it out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT