ADVERTISEMENT

AKB Question: Can I watch BTN plus on my smart TV?

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
I typically have been watching Penn State sports (wrestling) on BTN plus using my iPad. I have a reasonably new smart TV that allows streaming through Hulu and others. I tried searching for BTN plus but couldn’t find it. Does anyone know whether it’s possible to stream on a smart tv? if so, can you help with instructions?

Reactions: wyldhawk9
I typically have been watching Penn State sports (wrestling) on BTN plus using my iPad. I have a reasonably new smart TV that allows streaming through Hulu and others. I tried searching for BTN plus but couldn’t find it. Does anyone know whether it’s possible to stream on a smart tv? if so, can you help with instructions?
Look at the wrestling room thread under BTN+. The new smart phones can all screen share to smart tvs.

I use a HDMI cord from my computer to my 65" T.V. and watch BTNplus that way. You cannot get BTN plus on your smart T.V.

From the thread in the Wrestling Room, BTN+ is available on Roku and I am currently watching the NW/Ind/PSU tri dual on My TV.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Hi. I noticed you're looking for a way to watch BTN plus on your smart TV. While BTN plus might not have a standalone app for smart TVs, there could be a workaround. You could try using the screen mirroring feature on your iPad to stream it onto your smart TV. Another option could be using a streaming device like Roku or Amazon Fire Stick that supports the BTN plus app. I found a helpful article on multitechverse.com that might give you more insights on streaming options for smart TVs.

Last edited:
The short answer is yes. I have been doing it for years. I'm sure someone else can give you a way to do it since I only watch in the fall and winter and then discontinue it so I can't remember exactly what I do to get it without going on the TV.

if you have an ipad and a smart TV, you can display the iPad image on your smart TV at any time. I've done this to show family photos and help my daughter do homework. On your iPad, you can go into AirPlay and project it. One caveat is that both your iPad and your smart TV have to share the same Wifi network in your home.

The video below shows three ways. The last way is using Wifi and AirPlay. That is what I suggest if you have a decent Wifi connection in your home.

A wire from your computer to the TV works great. Most computers will have more than one video/audio output. Either through a video card or the mother board. Anything you can see on your computer you can see on your TV. I've been doing that for years with my MLB.tv subscription. Works great and I am lucky that the computer is in the office on the same wall as the TV so I simply had to run the wire through the wall.

As a baseline, I use Roku to stream.
It's been awhile since I opened the the BTN app. Unless something changed, the BTN app was relegated to some low value archival content. Live events and other content has been moved to the unified Fox Sports app. You may need a cable subscription to access some content, but try that one. That is where I have watched all events on BTN for the last few years.

ADVERTISEMENT