ADVERTISEMENT

All Star Classic - Nov 16

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
Any word on if PSU is getting it again during Thanksgiving break?

Would love to see PSU dual vs. all stars from across the country. Would be a great start to the new yr. A great team, maybe the best ever, against the best of the rest.

Any chance?

Anyone know if there will be a home dual match either Friday 11/15 or Sunday 11/17? TIA
Last year there were two tournaments prior to the All Star Classic, and All Star participants did not go to the tourneys (I believe), the dual meet season started the week after the All Star event. Nothing is announced yet officially but I highly doubt any duals will be that weekend.

Thoughts on potential PSU matchups:

Mesenbrink - though I don't know of a good opponent, we've seen him vs Caliendo (clear #2 in the weight) 3 times. He's coming back from U23 worlds also. One against Ramirez/Hall all could work as well since he hasn't wrestled them before.
Starocci - against Keckeisen obviously
Kerkvliet - I think they might try to give the match to Yonger instead of Hendrickson since we've seen that twice already

Kasak - up a weight and I think Shapiro/Teemer would be the first matchup they try to make
Levi - up 2 weights, not sure who they give 174 to first but imagine him vs Keegan would get some talks
Bartlett - I think Mendez vs Alirez is the first matchup they'd want to make so Beau might be on the outside looking in here
SVN - coming back from injury so definitely won't be offered a match (nor do I think he would want to come back wrestling an All Star match)
Davis - long shot but he was the 1 seed at 125 last year and will obviously be in State College, imagine he might be on stand by if enough 133s don't want a match.

No college resume thus no match
Lilledahl
Barr

Thoughts on potential PSU matchups:

Mesenbrink - though I don't know of a good opponent, we've seen him vs Caliendo (clear #2 in the weight) 3 times. He's coming back from U23 worlds also. One against Ramirez/Hall all could work as well since he hasn't wrestled them before.
Starocci - against Keckeisen obviously
Kerkvliet - I think they might try to give the match to Yonger instead of Hendrickson since we've seen that twice already

Kasak - up a weight and I think Shapiro/Teemer would be the first matchup they try to make
Levi - up 2 weights, not sure who they give 174 to first but imagine him vs Keegan would get some talks
Bartlett - I think Mendez vs Alirez is the first matchup they'd want to make so Beau might be on the outside looking in here
SVN - coming back from injury so definitely won't be offered a match (nor do I think he would want to come back wrestling an All Star match)
Davis - long shot but he was the 1 seed at 125 last year and will obviously be in State College, imagine he might be on stand by if enough 133s don't want a match.

No college resume thus no match
Lilledahl
Barr

I would rather Starocci give himself extra time to fully recover and not wrestle at this event, even if AJ would be the opponent. I might even hold off on him wrestling any matches until the second semester. Need to keep his eyes on the big prize and have him fully ready to go in March.

I would rather Starocci give himself extra time to fully recover and not wrestle at this event, even if AJ would be the opponent. I might even hold off on him wrestling any matches until the second semester. Need to keep his eyes on the big prize and have him fully ready to go in March.
You should send your advice to Dan Monthly. ;-)

I thought wrestlers in this event had to be seniors, at least that's what I remember from years ago. Best senior available. Has that changed? I'm seeing underclassman's names mentioned above so just curious.

Last edited:
I thought wrestlers in this event had to be seniors, at least that's what I remember from years ago. Best senior available. Has that changed? I'm seeing underclassman's names mentioned above so just curious.
Several non-seniors last year.

Reactions: mhlarch
The first one I attended was a Princeton in November 2017. One of the bouts was a rematch of the 2017 NCAA semi-final between Mark Hall and Zahid, so it's included non-seniors from at least that far back.

Did the university send out anything for season tickets yet? Was busy with a move and may have missed everything

Anyone have a link for early sales they wouldn't mind sharing via DM?
They were pretty tight on the pre-sale. It seemed to be you had to have an season ticketholder account and you were limited to however many seats you hold as a season ticketholder. I took both my tickets. From what I saw, there should be plenty of seats available later.

Thanks! I logged on at 3pm and got lower level seats. N4L Row 6. Look pretty good to me. Will be my first time in Rec Hall. Looking forward to it!
See. You're literally one row behind me. Great seats. I'm in N4U during the season. Sat in the second row of N4L last year and that was a bit too close. Refs and camera people blocked my view more than a couple times.

Prices are great, too. $30 a seat for my seats this year.

Reactions: Emcee15057
His fight wont be until after ASC is over. Maybe we can get the Nittany Lion Inn to show it?
Or Local Whiskey! But since it is pay per view UFC it might be harder. Does SC have a Buffalo Wild Wings? Only because they normally show UFC, unless you are at Big Tens in Michigan and that particular franchise wants to close early…..

But Nittany Lion Inn would be perfect

Reactions: hlstone
Or Local Whiskey! But since it is pay per view UFC it might be harder. Does SC have a Buffalo Wild Wings? Only because they normally show UFC, unless you are at Big Tens in Michigan and that particular franchise wants to close early…..

But Nittany Lion Inn would be perfect
I bet Champs (both locations) will have the fight. I'd favor North Atherton, but the downtown location would be sweet if we could get all the wrestling fans in the doors--that place is choc-full-of undergrads on the weekends especially.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT