ADVERTISEMENT

Another Utah opt out

How can this be? Why...just last week our fan base was declaring the entire Utah team all in, and poor Penn State doesn't have a chance without jpj and parker(of course discounting those 4 blow out wins without either of them)
I recall the same nonsense up to the point that Franklin promotes players leaving early.

If you aren't highly draftable after 5 years of college, you aren't improving those odds by returning for year 6.

That's fair, but it doesn't really explain Brooks opting out of the bowl game. The main reason used to justify that is to avoid injury that could impact your draft status, but that really didn't apply to him (unless he was getting some very skewed advice about his NFL draft potential).

Reactions: CbusLion10
That's fair, but it doesn't really explain Brooks opting out of the bowl game. The main reason used to justify that is to avoid injury that could impact your draft status, but that really didn't apply to him (unless he was getting some very skewed advice about his NFL draft potential).

I have no idea what advice he was given, but it seemed that once the opt outs began that we ended up losing every player who potentially could have. Exception being Luketa I believe.

Why play the game with the second string defense? What benefit did Brooks have to gain that he didn't already put on film?

Some of these players bounce around the CFL or whatever leagues exist just for the payday. They may very well be tired of being a college student. Getting a Masters or whatnot isn't highly desirable to everyone even if it makes sense to take advantage of.

How can this be? Why...just last week our fan base was declaring the entire Utah team all in, and poor Penn State doesn't have a chance without jpj and parker(of course discounting those 4 blow out wins without either of them)
You realize genius that our wins without them were all against lousy teams no where close to the caliber of Utah.

Reactions: blair10

It’s not just to avoid injury, it’s also to get an extra month of training specifically with the draft in mind in an effort to improve measurables instead of focusing on prepping for Arkansas.

Did you count Joes wins vs bad teams?
The win counts just we beat a lot of lousy teams this year. Oh yeah, so did Joe, can you say Temple, BC, WVU, MD, Syracuse when they got the leftovers PSU did not want.

A
I assume that Rising is playing? Their back up QB looks pretty good too.
As far as I've heard, he's playing. Losing to tOSU left a lot of them with the bad taste of unfinished business.

Losing Phillips is a big deal, he is a consensus all american...

A

As far as I've heard, he's playing. Losing to tOSU left a lot of them with the bad taste of unfinished business.

Losing Phillips is a big deal, he is a consensus all american...
Yep, like Porter who projects as a first round NFL draft choice. Seems like a wash between the teams.

Reactions: psute
ADVERTISEMENT