ADVERTISEMENT

Any enthusiasm for this weekend? I hope so!

mwaltrip

Jan 30, 2006
Mountain Top
Yellow parking lots closed, 32 degrees or so at kickoff, noon kickoff...all things to dissuade attendance. Our 'best student section' in the country hasn't represented well since the white out & won't show up until the end of the 1st quarter. If there is any weekend where the team needs support, it's this weekend. I will be there trying to be loud enough to make up for the losers & fair weather fans who won't show up because we aren't in the BIG title game or playoff. This game is against a solid opponent with a New Years Bowl on the line. A 'true' crowd of 75-85,000 would be demoralizing. I hope that everyone who normally goes will still show up & support this team. At each home game, the crowd has induced 2-3 false starts or timeouts. We do make a difference. I hope we represent. 10-3 sounds a whole lot better than 9-4 & we haven't had 3 straight 10-win seasons in 35 years. Yes, we have issues, but we could also be USC or Florida State or some of the other struggling blue bloods. We are young, building depth, & I feel confident we will correct the offensive coaching issues this off season. We could and/or should have won at least 2 more games, but I look ahead & see blue sky folks. Don't be reactionary like so many, especially in the press. We are not in as bad a shape as so many want to believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News