ADVERTISEMENT

Any idea on kick-off time for UCLA game?

djm_psu_alum

Nov 30, 2016
Any thoughts on when the kick off will be for the UCLA game?
  • Pretty safe to assume it won't be noon.
  • Iowa plays OSU so that could be a Fox Big Noon game.
  • Mich plays at Wash so that's likely a 3:30p, 7p, or 8p kick-off. If Wash isn't that good and Mich takes a step back, could be 3:30 start.
  • Clemson at FSU feels like a primetime game.
  • Missouri at Texas A&M also a decent match up this weekend
I would have assumed this would be the white-out game but not to be.

I haven't been on campus since 2019 so it should be a good time. Ironically enough, we live in Pasadena, CA so we'll be seeing them play coast to coast in back to weeks since we've already got tickets for the USC game.

I'd be shocked if UM-UDubs isn't NBC prime time. Rematch of title game should draw ratings. The two games you mentioned (ACC/SEC) no longer impact B1G games since B1G no longer has any ties to ESPN.

Just my guess but I would think Iowa-tOSU is Fox noon and UCLA-PSU is CBS 3:30. It almost certainly depends on which network is picking 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Reactions: bison13
I'd be shocked if UM-UDubs isn't NBC prime time. Rematch of title game should draw ratings. The two games you mentioned (ACC/SEC) no longer impact B1G games since B1G no longer has any ties to ESPN.

Just my guess but I would think Iowa-tOSU is Fox noon and UCLA-PSU is CBS 3:30. It almost certainly depends on which network is picking 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Thie^^^
It depends on the order they select games. UCLA being in the game doesn't mean it won't be a noon kick.

Any thoughts on when the kick off will be for the UCLA game?
  • Pretty safe to assume it won't be noon.
  • Iowa plays OSU so that could be a Fox Big Noon game.
  • Mich plays at Wash so that's likely a 3:30p, 7p, or 8p kick-off. If Wash isn't that good and Mich takes a step back, could be 3:30 start.
  • Clemson at FSU feels like a primetime game.
  • Missouri at Texas A&M also a decent match up this weekend
I would have assumed this would be the white-out game but not to be.

I haven't been on campus since 2019 so it should be a good time. Ironically enough, we live in Pasadena, CA so we'll be seeing them play coast to coast in back to weeks since we've already got tickets for the USC game.

The games on other networks don't impact the choices for Big Ten games. All that really matters is the Big Ten choices that day and which network picks 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Which we don't know. It's entirely possible that UCLA/PSU could be any time between noon, 3:30 or 7:30 depending on which network gets the game (I would indeed expect it to be one of the top 3 choices and appear on network TV as opposed to a cable channel).

The fact that UCLA is a west coast team would not prevent this from being a noon game. The conference has said the west coast teams won't host games at noon ET (i.e. 9am on the west coast) but they can be the visiting team in such games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT