ADVERTISEMENT

Any of yinz buying the Texas A&M/B1G rumors?

Because they're "kind of rivals" with the "Holy War" stuff. If the Big Ten adds multiple schools you don't think ND would want a say in who joins with them?

We already have USC, Purdue, and Michigan. So I'm not sure that you take BC just to appease ND nor do I think ND wants them if they finally join a conference.

Boston is a pro market. They don't care about college football. A la Miami.

We already have USC, Purdue, and Michigan. So I'm not sure that you take BC just to appease ND nor do I think ND wants them if they finally join a conference.

Boston is a pro market. They don't care about college football. A la Miami.
I think Notre Dame will make all kinds of crazy demands

The only one with any shot is BC and that's if ND forces them to be a part of them joining when they cave.
And that’s the only way Pitt would ever get into the Big Ten as well. Only four other teams have played Notre Dame more times than us, and two of them are already in the Big Ten.

Reactions: LandoComando
And that’s the only way Pitt would ever get into the Big Ten as well. Only four other teams have played Notre Dame more times than us, and two of them are already in the Big Ten.
Right and if you think they'd push for Pitt over BC that's cool. I think they'd push for BC if they do push.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Honestly, I think they’d push for Stanford more than anyone else. At least the B1G presidents were keen on them prior to the television execs stepping in.

True, except Stanford would be a big money loser decreasing payouts per team.

If ND insisted on Stanford the conference could always tell ND that whatever amount it takes to make Stanford revenue neutral will be deducted from ND’s payout. Notre Dame would drop Stanford in a NY minute.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
True, except Stanford would be a big money loser decreasing payouts per team.

If ND insisted on Stanford the conference could always tell ND that whatever amount it takes to make Stanford revenue neutral will be deducted from ND’s payout. Notre Dame would drop Stanford in a NY minute.
All very possible but I think everyone is underestimating ND's value at this point. They're the only program left that actually matters financially.

Reactions: cment
What comes first proportional payouts or a SEC/B10 collaboration? I just don't see the big dogs accepting the Northwesterns, Vanderbilt, GATechs getting equal shares for too much longer. It's an easy way to fund the big dogs and not blow up college football.

Reactions: psu00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT