Anyone else think the latest bear market rally just ended?

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Surely by now investors would have picked winners in the latest legislation. I think this is why we saw an early rally today as bond yields fell.

Overall, though we have some who will benefit from the "green" agenda, this is bad legislation that will hurt the economy.

Going forward I'm struggling to see how earnings rise in an environment of high inflation, higher taxes, lower growth, quantitative tightening, and rising consumer debt. Great strategy Dems!

Reactions: psuted

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Surely by now investors would have picked winners in the latest legislation. I think this is why we saw an early rally today as bond yields fell.

Overall, though we have some who will benefit from the "green" agenda, this is bad legislation that will hurt the economy.

Going forward I'm struggling to see how earnings rise in an environment of high inflation, higher taxes, lower growth, quantitative tightening, and rising consumer debt. Great strategy Dems!
Maybe…maybe not.

I’m pretty certain you didn’t predict the latest rally so while it’s fine to give an opinion it doesn’t mean much.

junior1

May 29, 2001

big difference is that we now have Joe Biden as President. He's told us the economy is strong, consumer is spending and more people are working than ever before.......he wouldn't lie to us would he? (TIC)

junior1

May 29, 2001
big difference is that we now have Joe Biden as President. He's told us the economy is strong, consumer is spending and more people are working than ever before.......he wouldn't lie to us would he? (TIC)
oh, and I almost forgot, we'll shortly have the Inflation Reduction Act to reverse this potential downturn

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
Screen-Shot-2022-07-26-at-9.50.19-PM.png

bdgan

May 29, 2008

I have no idea but I can't imagine a big run up from here given the current environment. The PE ratio is 22 so the market isn't undervalued.

Maybe a slight run if inflation falls from 9% to 6%.

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
I have no idea but I can't imagine a big run up from here given the current environment. The PE ratio is 22 so the market isn't undervalued.

Maybe a slight run if inflation falls from 9% to 6%.
We can only hope.