ADVERTISEMENT

Apologies on the URL switch....

Richie O

Staff
Mar 21, 2016
South Amboy, NJ
www.pennstate.rivals.com
As most of you have already seen, the url on the message boards finally migrated over from BWI.Rivals.com to PennState.Rivals.com.

Our tech team ran several tests before doing this and it was supposed to be a seamless transition, but of course it ended up being more complicated than that with avatar images not rendering and the URL from BWI not going directly to the new URL. If anyone is still experiencing any technical difficulties than please email me PSUonRivals@yahoo.com or reach out via social media @PennStateRivals on all social networks and we will get it fixed quickly.

Also if you are having avatar issues, there is one quick fix for that for now (follow directions below via @nerfstate), but Rivals tech told me they hope to have it all fixed shortly.

If you don't mind a mildly technical procedure, I've discovered a way to recover your avatar from the BWI site:
  1. Start by going to your profile page by clicking on a linked version of your username on the site--could be in a post you made, near the top-right of most pages in the white area, or in your account settings menu to the right of where you avatar should be.
  2. Right-click (or Command Click for Mac) where your avatar should be featured large near the top-left of your profile page (to the left of the header area of the page), and then, depending on your browser choose "Copy Image Link" or "Copy Image Address" or something similar.
  3. Open up a new browser tab/window and paste the url in and press enter.
    It will look something like:
    https://rivals-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/forums/pennstate/data/avatars/h/84/84721.jpg?1658763651
    And you will see some sort of access denied error.
  4. Simply replace .../forums/pennstate/data... with .../forums/bwi/data... and press enter.
  5. Your avatar should appear in your browser--from here, you can again Right-Click and save to re-upload
Again sorry for the issues and hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT