ADVERTISEMENT

Apple TV

psulongago

Aug 29, 2001
Recently asked about Apple TV only because I wanted to watch a baseball game. I had to sign for Apple TV, free for three (3) months, then $6.99 per month. Question, is there any reason to retain Apple, any compelling programming? Thank you,

Apple is the best, next to max, IMHO.

Ted Lasso is winning all the awards and is great

The morning show is awesome

Severance, shrinking, big door prize and for all mankind are all high quality

My sons rent each streaming service for a couple of months then cancel and move to the next. They rotate to keep the program content fresh. They supplement with the free Pluto TV which has a lot of great classic tv programming.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Thank you, we are not big TV watchers, canceled things like HBO and SHO. I do have sports packages including Big 10, became fascinated with wrestling strategy, and not just throwing someone out of the ring or hitting over the head with a chair. We do have Amazon because of free delivery on "junk". Did watch Jack Ryan and Reacher on Amazon. Any other reasons beside Ted Lasso to keep Apple, fee is not an impediment.

Recently asked about Apple TV only because I wanted to watch a baseball game. I had to sign for Apple TV, free for three (3) months, then $6.99 per month. Question, is there any reason to retain Apple, any compelling programming? Thank you,
Silo and Foundation also, Severance already mentioned

"Masters of the Air" a new release, is coming sometime in the third quarter. This is the third leg of WW2 produced by Spielberg and Hanks ala Band of Brothers and the Pacific. It is based on the book of the same name. I've read this book a few times and consider it one of the very best books ever written about the ridiculous air war over Europe where we lost more men than our total Marine losses in the Pacific theater

Reactions: Obliviax
YES! In my opinion, it’s the best bang-for-your-buck streaming service. HBO Max has some amazing series but also quite a few duds. Apple TV+ can’t seem to miss.

As others have mentioned… Ted Lasso, For All Mankind, Silo (which might surpass Lasso when it’s all said and done), and Severance are just a few. And, you get two free MLB games every Friday night; the production and quality of those broadcasts are noticeably better than any other sporting event.

Maybe it's me, but I didn't get Severance.
I didn't either. It was like one of those Hollywood things made to impress other people in the art. I think they missed a large part of the market. It had some interesting concepts but just couldn't carry a story line

Maybe it's me, but I didn't get Severance.
I thought the acting was very good and the mystery of the show piqued my curiosity. It's such a weird concept that I want to see where they're going. From the perspective of the workers they're always there in the office, all the time with the same people. That has got to have some ramifications to the plot line.

I try to seek out innovative TV programming, but I find Apple TV to be very weak. Ted Lasso started out well, but by the third season, it had turned into garbage. I was excited to see Foundation, as I am a big fan of the books. But the Apple TV version was poor.

Overall, too much self-importance and diversity casting. If you get free offers for Apple TV through buying a new smart phone or concert ticket, give it a try. But I will never pay for Apple TV.

I try to seek out innovative TV programming, but I find Apple TV to be very weak. Ted Lasso started out well, but by the third season, it had turned into garbage. I was excited to see Foundation, as I am a big fan of the books. But the Apple TV version was poor.

Overall, too much self-importance and diversity casting. If you get free offers for Apple TV through buying a new smart phone or concert ticket, give it a try. But I will never pay for Apple TV.
Can ya give us some recommendations on innovative TV programming? Always up for something new and different.

YES! In my opinion, it’s the best bang-for-your-buck streaming service. HBO Max has some amazing series but also quite a few duds. Apple TV+ can’t seem to miss.

As others have mentioned… Ted Lasso, For All Mankind, Silo (which might surpass Lasso when it’s all said and done), and Severance are just a few. And, you get two free MLB games every Friday night; the production and quality of those broadcasts are noticeably better than any other sporting event.
Funny. I would have argued that it is the worst bang for the buck. We get it for free and there seems to be pretty limited content.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I didn't either. It was like one of those Hollywood things made to impress other people in the art. I think they missed a large part of the market. It had some interesting concepts but just couldn't carry a story line

Well put. My thoughts exactly.

Reactions: Obliviax
And, you get two free MLB games every Friday night; the production and quality of those broadcasts are noticeably better than any other sporting event.

I buy the MLB Extra Innings package every year and the Friday night, Apple TV games aren't included. With the Penn State v Delaware game limited to Peacock this September, people are starting to see the direction these streaming services are taking.

Funny. I would have argued that it is the worst bang for the buck. We get it for free and there seems to be pretty limited content.
Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Apple TV+ seems to lean into the sci-fi genre quite a bit, and we enjoy it. There were also several shows (such as Ted Lasso) that helped us get through the pandemic. I think for $5.99/month, it’s well worth it, especially with the other shows they’re putting out that contain A-list actors.

Reactions: SheldonJoe2215
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT