ADVERTISEMENT

April 9, 1912: First game at Fenway Park

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
Currently on espn's home page:

"On This Date: April 9, 1912

Fenway Park hosted its first game
The ballpark's first game was an exhibition between the Red Sox and Harvard University. The first regular-season game took place on April 20 and drew 27,000 fans."

I saw a Red Sox-A's game at Fenway in 1999. The amenities were nowhere to be found, but that wasn't the point. Or maybe it was. A classic venue, and I focused on the game, not side entertainment. Great experience.

fenway-park-stadium-guide-3-640x423.jpg

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
Home Opener this afternoon. John Henry has put a lot of money in the park since he bought it in 2002.

Oh yeah, getting their rings today!!

Reactions: Lanz
Great place to watch a game. I love Fenway and Wrigley. But Fenway is the best with them selling "chowda" in the stands and Yawkey Way.

the best of the rest, to me, are the Pirates PNC Park and the Tribe's stadium. I haven't been to several highly rated stadiums like SF Giants or SD Padres but have been in more than half.

Great place to watch a game. I love Fenway and Wrigley. But Fenway is the best with them selling "chowda" in the stands and Yawkey Way.

the best of the rest, to me, are the Pirates PNC Park and the Tribe's stadium. I haven't been to several highly rated stadiums like SF Giants or SD Padres but have been in more than half.
Camden Yards!

Been to Citi Field? I enjoy games there and find it a pleasant experience.

Been to Citi Field? I enjoy games there and find it a pleasant experience.
No, would love to though. All of the newer HOK type of fields (started with Camden Yards) are very good. I am told the field in Minnesota is great, as well. The Tribe announcers said it is their favorite American League park.

Reactions: Howie'81
No, would love to though. All of the newer HOK type of fields (started with Camden Yards) are very good. I am told the field in Minnesota is great, as well. The Tribe announcers said it is their favorite American League park.
Most NY baseball fans prefer Citi Field to the new Yankee Stadium. Even Yankee fans. I've been to both and I think Citi Field is a more pleasant atmosphere. I'd like to get to Citizen's Bank Park this season.

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT