ADVERTISEMENT

Are the Phillies fading?

I got some Jim Thome flashbacks when Schwarber killed that pitch. Lefty power swing with a leaning back follow through. Just buried that pitch.

Harper with a HR and just missed 2 more - he is locked in.

Great start to this series.

I got some Jim Thome flashbacks when Schwarber killed that pitch. Lefty power swing with a leaning back follow through. Just buried that pitch.

Harper with a HR and just missed 2 more - he is locked in.

Great start to this series.
Phillies are HOT at the right time. I see them getting by the Padres in 5 or 6. Can they beat the Yanks or the Cheaters? That will be tough but they have a good shot.

Going to the game tonight with my wife and daughter. Don’t know when the Phillies will be playing at this level again.

Wooooo! Bryce Harper is worth every penny. 2 pitch, 2 out save for Ranger Suarez to end it and the Phils are 4 wins away

E83-A18-FA-205-E-4-FEE-9-F85-89-C4-BCD39-F4-B.jpg

Reactions: bourbon n blues
So the league championships finish up on Sunday and the World Series doesn't start until Friday?

How lame is that by MLB?

I agree. What the heck are they waiting for?
Exactly. What used to be America's Game now competes against the NFL, College Football, and even the NBA and NHL early seasons. They need to recapture the public's attention.

It's not like the venue had to be fixed well in advance like a Super Bowl. The two teams play home and away, they both played and clinched Sunday so give them Monday off and start Tuesday, Wednesday -- no NFL, and Thursday -- limited NFL. The World Series starts Friday evening at 8:00 which will get some attention, but then you're right into a Football weekend.

Exactly. What used to be America's Game now competes against the NFL, College Football, and even the NBA and NHL early seasons. They need to recapture the public's attention.

It's not like the venue had to be fixed well in advance like a Super Bowl. The two teams play home and away, they both played and clinched Sunday so give them Monday off and start Tuesday, Wednesday -- no NFL, and Thursday -- limited NFL. The World Series starts Friday evening at 8:00 which will get some attention, but then you're right into a Football weekend.
It's a dumb move. I could see waiting until Wed but at least get a couple games in without much football competition. I guess they figure Fri night has the least sports competition but not really, it is Tues and Wed.

It's a dumb move. I could see waiting until Wed but at least get a couple games in without much football competition. I guess they figure Fri night has the least sports competition but not really, it is Tues and Wed.
Plus people go out on Fri night, there is HS football, etc. Head scratching move.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT