ADVERTISEMENT

Army Duals

Love the lions

Gold Member
Jul 2, 2022
Please excuse my ignorance on the subject. I did do my homework and tried to find a thread on the subject, to no avail. Can you folks share some information with someone quite new to the learning curve.

I assume this tournament will pit one team against the other in a dual format. What other teams will be attending? Do we have any idea who the Lions will wrestle? How many teams/duals will they wrestle? Can we identify any great individual matchups that may happen? Somewhere I heard several starters might skip this and go to Texas straight away? What’s going on in Texas?

Thank you in advance for anything you can contribute. Inquiring mind wants to know.

Please excuse my ignorance on the subject. I did do my homework and tried to find a thread on the subject, to no avail. Can you folks share some information with someone quite new to the learning curve.

I assume this tournament will pit one team against the other in a dual format. What other teams will be attending? Do we have any idea who the Lions will wrestle? How many teams/duals will they wrestle? Can we identify any great individual matchups that may happen? Somewhere I heard several starters might skip this and go to Texas straight away? What’s going on in Texas?

Thank you in advance for anything you can contribute. Inquiring mind wants to know.
It is not a dual tourney, it is an individual. Likely will not see CStar, Brooks or Kerk.

The All Star Classic in Texas.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
The All Star Classic in Texas.
da5524bb-8af4-4e30-b147-7719e78e431b_text.gif

Black Knight Invite streaming on Flowrestling. Teams are here:

NWCA All-Star Classic - bout order:
I'm here in Austin and discovered that this is only viewable on Flo. No ticket sales. Huge disappointment as this would have been great to attend. Very limited wrestling events in Central Texas. I did love going to the Dake/Dieringer wrestle off in August 2019 here. It was a packed house and an awesome event. Got to meet AJ prior to the event. He seemed like a nice kid at the time.

I love this forum. I’ve learned that the Army Duals are not really team duals. That 3 of our best wrestlers are going to Texas to wrestle in an Allstar Meet. SVN gets Lovett. Sounds like a good one. Keep the intel coming guys. Without you I’m “blind in Maryland”. Sincerely appreciate your insight.

I'll be attending the Black Knight Invitational. Won't be as often as I'd like, just because it's hard enough to keep up with all the mats ... but I will try to add some color commentary during the day.
I will look for you, me, the Mrs and both sons will be there!

Reactions: RoarLions1
Here are some potential matchups for PSU guys at the Army Invite:

125....HM...Daugherty Buffalo
141....#16 Kazimir Columbia, #23 Cayden Rooks Indiana
149....#18 Lovett Central Michigan
157....#20 Petite Buffalo
165....#12 Ogunsanya Columbia
174....#18 Washington Indiana (Yes...THAT Donnell Washington), HM Murphy Campbell, HM Nivison Buffalo
184....#21 Hopkins Campbell, HM Ferreira Hofstra
197....HM Rogers Hofstra
285....#18 Ghadiali Campbell, #23 Knighton-Ward Hofstra, HM Bullock Indiana

It looks like Shane, Terrell and Alex will get a chance to up their rankings, Bartlett can solidify his and the backups will have some fun at 174, 184 and hopefully Nevills at Heavyweight

Last edited:
Here are some potential matchups for PSU guys at the Army Invite:

125....HM...Daugherty Buffalo
141....#16 Kazimir Columbia, #23 Cayden Rooks Indiana
149....#18 Lovett Central Michigan
157....#20 Petite Buffalo
165....#12 Ogunsanya Columbia
174....#18 Washington Indiana, HM Murphy Campbell, HM Nivison Buffalo
184....#21 Hopkins Campbell, HM Ferreira Hofstra
197....HM Rogers Hofstra
285....#18 Ghadiali Campbell, #23 Knighton-Ward Hofstra, HM Bullock Indiana

It looks like Shane, Terrell and Alex will get a chance to up their rankings, Bartlett can solidify his and the backups will have some fun at 174, 184 and hopefully Nevills at Heavyweight
Don't show Carter that Washington is going to be there--he'll scheme up a way to do both events this weekend.

I love this forum. I’ve learned that the Army Duals are not really team duals. That 3 of our best wrestlers are going to Texas to wrestle in an Allstar Meet. SVN gets Lovett. Sounds like a good one. Keep the intel coming guys. Without you I’m “blind in Maryland”. Sincerely appreciate your insight.
I'm confused

• Haha
Reactions: Str8DBLz
Your confusion may be that I think you have the name of the event incorrect. I believe it is called the Black Knight Invite, not the Army Duals.

Your confusion may be that I think you have the name of the event incorrect. I believe it is called the Black Knight Invite, not the Army Duals.
You are spot on. I don’t know where I picked up Army Duals, but if I had known it was an Invitational, I wouldn’t have had a chance to learn just a little bit more about this sport I love from all you kind folks. Thank you.

Reactions: hlstone
That. Annnnnd how living in Maryland puts someone in the dark? No wrestling news or internet in Maryland lol. Just kidding around

We will also be there with a couple of other Army vets. Section 115, Row E, seats 1-10. Took someone's advice from here and booked a room at The Thayer.
West Point is a special place. The history is amazing esp if you are into that sort of thing. Take in the museum and book a guided tour for some great snippets of cadet and Army factoids. By all means crawl around the place a bit and take it all in. From cemeteries to chapels to strolling through Eisenhower to Grants Hall (for food). Get around the cadets and see them in action. They are a unique and special bunch. Recommend you push the envelope of where you are allowed to go and look in a few of those suspect nooks and crannies. Go Army!

West Point is a special place. The history is amazing esp if you are into that sort of thing. Take in the museum and book a guided tour for some great snippets of cadet and Army factoids. By all means crawl around the place a bit and take it all in. From cemeteries to chapels to strolling through Eisenhower to Grants Hall (for food). Get around the cadets and see them in action. They are a unique and special bunch. Recommend you push the envelope of where you are allowed to go and look in a few of those suspect nooks and crannies. Go Army!
If you are into older movies that give a glimpse of the tradition and honor of West Point, I would highly recommend the ' The Long Gray Line '. It stars Tyrone Power as Marty Maher an Irish Immigrant who worked at West Point and rose through the ranks to an officer. He marries Maureen O'Hara and you see their life through two World wars at West Point. Excellent movie for any war buff.

ADVERTISEMENT