ADVERTISEMENT

As ridiculous as the NHL management is.....

I love the sport, but its a garbage league. The idiots running it hold back its popularity.

I was a fan for many years, but got tired of the constant "fighting and cheap shots". It is NOT part of the game. That would be MMA !!! Good luck with EVER being main stream.

Read my posts on the other thread, to get my opinion.

The NHL is a garage league, that hardly anybody outside of the cities that has a team, even knows exists. And there is a damned good reason for that.

The people who run this damned league have IQ's below 60. And most of the fans have IQ's that are half that. You can see that by some of the responses here.

Reactions: Nit16
Once saw Toronto disallow a goal "for a distinct kicking motion". The problem? The player was on one skate when they supposedly did this. It's physically impossible.

It wasn't even close to suspend-able. It was a two-minute minor that went uncalled.

LOL! Do that at a bar tomorrow night to a guy that's not looking. Bet ya end up leaving the bar in cuffs. But I get it. In the NHL it's a hockey play. This league is on a slippery slope. Lawsuits in their future.

Reactions: 91Joe95
I love the responses. Lots of guys that never played hockey. Anyone that thought that would be a suspension is clueless. It should have been a two-minute minor. It was missed. That's the game. Honestly, hw people want to see the game called we'd never have any 5 on 5 play and no one would ever be eligible to dress of a game.

I love the responses. Lots of guys that never played hockey. Anyone that thought that would be a suspension is clueless. It should have been a two-minute minor. It was missed. That's the game. Honestly, hw people want to see the game called we'd never have any 5 on 5 play and no one would ever be eligible to dress of a game.
LOL

Gee.....Some folks seem to be able to think that if you actually penalized sucker-punching guys to the head....... maybe the athletes would, you know, actually have the capacity to stop sucker punching guys to the head. o_O

This Cro-Magnon NHL brain capacity is sooooooo tired and pathetic.

Do you see guys in the NFL doing this:

At the end of every play, come running into the area where the tackle was made - and sucker punch a guy in the chops? Grab them around the neck from behind and throw them to the ground? Kick an opponent in the shins?
At the end of EVERY PLAY?

No - - - - you don't see that? Why not?

Because they know they'd be flagged and hurt their team.

But you see EXACTLY that at EVERY whistle in a hockey game.

You don't think that if the NHL wanted to stop it, and went into the next season saying - and ENFORCING - no more of that shit, or you're going to the box...... that it wouldn't be "problem solved" within 10 minutes of the first game of the season?

You think coaches would look the other way and allow that crap if half of their roster was crammed into the box five minutes into the game?

You think there is something magical about playing on a surface of ice that prevents the athletes from being able to control themselves from whacking one another with sticks all day?

The league is run by Neanderthals......and "fans" like this yakmaluk posting above is gonna' be all they will be left with, sooner or later.
What a f**king moron.

Last edited:
LOL

Gee.....Some folks seem to able to think that if you actually penalized sucker-punching guys to the head....... maybe the athletes would, you know, actually have the capacity to stop sucker punching guys to the head.

This Cro-Magnon NHL brain capacity is sooooooo tired and pathetic.

Do you see guys in the NFL doing this:

At the end of every play, come running into the area where the tackle was made - and sucker punch a guy in the chops? Grab them around the neck from behind and throw them to the ground? Kick an opponent in the shins?
At the end of EVERY PLAY?

No - - - - you don't see that? Why not?

Because they know they'd be flagged and hurt their team.

But you see EXACTLY that at EVERY whistle in a hockey game.

You don't think that if the NHL wanted to stop it, and went into the next season saying - and ENFORCING - no more of that shit, or you're going to the box...... that it wouldn't be "problem solved" within 10 minutes of the first game of the season?

You think coaches would look the other way and allow that crap if half of their roster was crammed into the box five minutes into the game?

You think there is something magical about playing on a surface of ice that prevents the athletes from being able to control themselves from whacking one another with sticks all day?

The league is run by Neanderthals......and "fans" like this yakmaluk posting above is gonna' be all they will be left with, sooner or later.
What a f**king moron.

Not just going to the box, but fighting (i.e., throwing any kind of intentional illegal punch with the malicious intent of fighting) should be an automatic game ejection and potentially a multi-game suspension. If you want to stop fighting in a sport where fighting is not the primary intent of the sport (i.e., not boxing, MMA, etc...) all you need to do is tell teams that such activity will result in automatic game ejections as well as fines and multi-game unpaid suspensions based on post-game reviews whether it was called or missed in the game in question. When you hit the players and teams in their pocketbook with harsh fines and unpaid suspensions, the fighting will stop post-haste. Treating Criminal Assault as a minor deal, rather than the very serious, potentially criminal matter it actually is, and looking the other way merely encourages more of it in sports where such activity has no place in the game. Playing hockey does not empower you to run around and criminally assault your colleagues threatening their livelihoods and very lives with your actions - assaulting someone in a manner that is clearly intentional and outside the rules is criminal assault, not "hockey" regardless of whether it takes place during a hockey game on the ice or out on the street corner after the game. The league is insane for promoting and encouraging criminal assault and looking the other way and saying, "there's nothing that can be done, its part of the game" when it routinely occurs on an every-night basis in the NHL - all's that is doing is making them complicit and liable when the chickens come home to roost which they ultimately and inevitably will.

Last edited:

I love the responses from low level hockey players. They never consider why the sport has never gained traction in the US. Blatant head shots are brushed aside as a two minute minor LOL. The head shot rules applied by the NHL will someday bring this League down. Not if. But when attorneys talk players into action against the NHL a real threat to the League could bring it down. At that point the dummies running the NHL will change the head shot rules.

Right now it's a garage League.

I love when I read posts about ending fighting in the NHL...it's just laughable Real fans, not casual fans that only watch when team is good or in the playoffs, comprehend this. Much like the nonsense that the NHL wanted Ottawa to win. Pure entertainment. Largely the same group of conspiracy theorists for the Big Ten but if you don't like it don't watch. Game 7 was a great display of hockey many penalties went uncalled. Hockey, for those that played, has always included these things. How often do you actually here players complain? They police it themselves. As it should be and has always been. The last thing that should ever happen to a sport is to adjust it for the casuals...see the mistakes the NFL has made recently.

I love when I read posts about ending fighting in the NHL...it's just laughable Real fans, not casual fans that only watch when team is good or in the playoffs, comprehend this. Much like the nonsense that the NHL wanted Ottawa to win. Pure entertainment. Largely the same group of conspiracy theorists for the Big Ten but if you don't like it don't watch. Game 7 was a great display of hockey many penalties went uncalled. Hockey, for those that played, has always included these things. How often do you actually here players complain? They police it themselves. As it should be and has always been. The last thing that should ever happen to a sport is to adjust it for the casuals...see the mistakes the NFL has made recently.

Your post is so dumb on so many levels. Shut up.

LOL

When do you start challenging folks to a wrestling match in the WalMart parking lot?

Favorite hockey team is the Charlestown Chiefs, now that's real WATCHABLE hockey.

I love the responses from low level hockey players. They never consider why the sport has never gained traction in the US. Blatant head shots are brushed aside as a two minute minor LOL. The head shot rules applied by the NHL will someday bring this League down. Not if. But when attorneys talk players into action against the NHL a real threat to the League could bring it down. At that point the dummies running the NHL will change the head shot rules.

Right now it's a garage League.
One of the biggest problems in the NHL is the NHLPA. They protect the role players rather than the stars. Want more suspensions? NHL is actually for it, but the NHLPA is against it.

Reactions: Nit16
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT