ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS (IOWA STUFF)

It’s just my opinion but I think it’s rather childish to have a thread devoted to how childish another board is and then to have the moderator of the board participate in the thread. As much as you hate HR and the stupidity that happens there, do you really need to bring the nonsense here?
Maybe childish... yes. But funny... absolutely!

It’s just my opinion but I think it’s rather childish to have a thread devoted to how childish another board is and then to have the moderator of the board participate in the thread. As much as you hate HR and the stupidity that happens there, do you really need to bring the nonsense here?
Many over there are a joke. So yes...we've made them a joke here as well.

I'm sure you always hear the HR crew telling PSU fans if you don't like whats said there then leave. So to you I say, if you don't like what is being said here you can leave. I kinda like you and hope you don't but it still needed to be suggested..

Many over there are a joke. So yes...we've made them a joke here as well.

I'm sure you always hear the HR crew telling PSU fans if you don't like whats said there then leave. So to you I say, if you don't like what is being said here you can leave. I kinda like you and hope you don't but it still needed to be suggested..

There are many over here that are a joke as well, I get tired of seeing it from both sides and the constant whataboutism from each. As I have told you in the past, I’d rather just read wrestling chatter rather than all the nonsense that seems to happen on these boards constantly.

There are many over here that are a joke as well, I get tired of seeing it from both sides and the constant whataboutism from each. As I have told you in the past, I’d rather just read wrestling chatter rather than all the nonsense that seems to happen on these boards constantly.
Have you ever asked yourself how guys like We8tst8 still have thier posting privileges over there? They clearly break the rules with personal attacks calling us pedophiles yet they remain. You have around 10 guys just like him and every one of them are still posting there. They say PSU is cheating, paying off parents and kids, they say our wrestlers are on steroids and all being said without any proof. They are staining the entire sport with unsubstantiated accusations.

Sorry but as long as your mod allows that to happen, you will have PSU fans over there stirring up trouble. And you're also going to have PSU fans here calling them out for what is being said there. That's just the nature of the beast..

Have you ever asked yourself how guys like We8tst8 still have thier posting privileges over there? They clearly break the rules with personal attacks calling us pedophiles yet they remain. You have around 10 guys just like him and every one of them are still posting there. They say PSU is cheating, paying off parents and kids, they say our wrestlers are on steroids and all being said without any proof. They are staining the entire sport with unsubstantiated accusations.

Sorry but as long as your mod allows that to happen, you will have PSU fans over there stirring up trouble. And you're also going to have PSU fans here calling them out for what is being said there. That's just the nature of the beast..

In all honesty, some days I find it ridiculous that HR still even exists with the amount of drivel that is spewed there. My attempt here was to not have it here as well but I can understand your viewpoint.

In all honesty, some days I find it ridiculous that HR still even exists with the amount of drivel that is spewed there. My attempt here was to not have it here as well but I can understand your viewpoint.
Some of the greatest wrestling fans I know are Hawk fans. Last year at this time I had a tradgedy in my life that was almost unbearable. Do you know to this day a few Hawk fans from these boards still reach out to me by email text or by calling just to check in on me and make sure I'm doing ok. Gave me a whole new perspective on the REAL Hawkeye fanbase. It's a shame that a handful gives some outsiders a distorted view of you guys. Can you see how easy it could be for a visitor there to start associating your fanbase with the likes of people like Weh8t? Its kinda unfair and if I were your mod I'd eliminate him.

I honestly feel it could take me less than a week to clean that place up and that board would be so much better off. First they need to realize who the real trolls are from both fanbases. Ever notice its the same handful of people in the middle of the garbage there? That handful actually draws the PSU trolls there...they certainly don't chase them away. Bottom line, get rid of the Hawk trolls as well as the PSU ones and the board becomes well again. It could be done in just days...

If I was a member of HR I would be embarrassed by those clowns also, but come on. Instead of coming on here and pleading with another fans' board to not make fun of the stupidity of your home board you should probably spend more time policing those on your board who give your board the appearance of a clown school.

Reactions: danoftw
If I was a member of HR I would be embarrassed by those clowns also, but come on. Instead of coming on here and pleading with another fans' board to not make fun of the stupidity of your home board you should probably spend more time policing those on your board who give your board the appearance of a clown school.
The mods there are more concerned with getting rid of PSU trolls instead of just eliminating the Hawk fans that draw them there to begin with.

Reactions: nitlion6
The mods there are more concerned with getting rid of PSU trolls instead of just eliminating the Hawk fans that draw them there to begin with.
Well, as you have mentioned. When their mods called the board out for being a collective bunch of whiney, crying pussies the collective's crying, whiney response was so overwhelming the mods retreated back to their mod safety room. Despite the position of our regular HR visitors, I do not recall any HR posters having mods' backs.

Reactions: johnstownsteel

You know where there is only wrestling talk and no nonsense....34 and counting

Exactly I've been attacked over there several times for talking wrestling. I wasn't starting anything and got called an idiot or whatever else they can throw around. I stuck up for myself and got banned. There is no comparison between the two boards and those that think they are the same are delusional. And for the record there are more than a few hr followers who are delusional. It's glaring

Reactions: gptakba
in a perfect world, all the topics between the two boards would happen in this thread and the rest of them could just be about legitimate discussion. Not gonna happen, but it would be nice.

Reactions: hlstone
Some of the greatest wrestling fans I know are Hawk fans. Last year at this time I had a tradgedy in my life that was almost unbearable. Do you know to this day a few Hawk fans from these boards still reach out to me by email text or by calling just to check in on me and make sure I'm doing ok. Gave me a whole new perspective on the REAL Hawkeye fanbase. It's a shame that a handful gives some outsiders a distorted view of you guys. Can you see how easy it could be for a visitor there to start associating your fanbase with the likes of people like Weh8t? Its kinda unfair and if I were your mod I'd eliminate him.

I honestly feel it could take me less than a week to clean that place up and that board would be so much better off. First they need to realize who the real trolls are from both fanbases. Ever notice its the same handful of people in the middle of the garbage there? That handful actually draws the PSU trolls there...they certainly don't chase them away. Bottom line, get rid of the Hawk trolls as well as the PSU ones and the board becomes well again. It could be done in just days...
so mothman is gonna be your new handle

Reactions: johnstownsteel
You know where there is only wrestling talk and no nonsense....34 and counting
Agreed. Once in a while some jerk post something Sandusky wise but the other posters squash it fairly quickly and do not join in.

I tend to agree but if this thread can serve the OP's purpose of limiting the HR tin foil hat stuff to just this thread and not bleed over to others then it will be a success. We'll see.

HR is kind of like the wild west of the late 1800s. Tom and Hotshoe do a good job of keeping us miscreants in line over here. And Roar always comes up with a good discussion thread when things start to look like they're heading south.

Well, as you have mentioned. When their mods called the board out for being a collective bunch of whiney, crying pussies the collective's crying, whiney response was so overwhelming the mods retreated back to their mod safety room. Despite the position of our regular HR visitors, I do not recall any HR posters having mods' backs.
In case anyone missed the post by their mod, I've copied it for you below. Why? Well...because it never gets old that's why.

Guys, I'm about to make a blanket statement that applies to more of you than you think:
Get over yourself.
Grow a pair.
Quit being so thin skinned and wasting my time monitoring these boards.
I have realized that the Iowa wrestling community, of late, has a group of folks who just can't accept constructive criticism. Fans from other sites come here to have meaningful conversation with a group of knowledgeable wrestling fans. As soon as one of them says ANYTHING that is construed as derogatory, they are reported as "Trolls" or "Unnecessary" or "Ban this fool". Really?
As I read the posts, many of the reports we get actually are against posters that are saying factual things. Yes, their program (PSU) is on top of the wrestling world. Iowa used to be. And as I recall, Iowa fans used to spew their superiority just like we are seeing from some of the others that come here. But, that isn't a reason to edit posts or ban posters.
The Mark Perry thread is a really, really good example. I have had multiple (10) requests in that thread to ban a specific poster and edit content. I did edit the content. The others were rejected.
The facts are the facts. If you can't identify those, accept those, and live with it until Iowa becomes a National Champion again, and they will, then you had better be prepared to handle a little backhanded (or in your face) comment or two now and then. It comes with the territory.
The monitors will continue to aggressively respond to your requests. We will take any action necessary that violates board policy and rules. But we aren't going to just willy nilly do things at the request of someone who's feelings have been hurt over a comment that is the opinion of another that doesn't appear to be out of line at all.
Now, boys from other sites, if you can play within the rules, you are fine to continue posting here. If you can't, then you will be dealt with individually.
Anyone who has a problem with this, you can PM me or Tom and we will gladly address it with you individually.

Mike (I have no balls)Zierath

Last edited:
And in case anyone wonders why I've dubbed him "no balls", well after constant pressure from their whiny fans there, no balls gave in and immediately started deleting those "factual" PSU fans he talks about in his post.

The difference is that HR attacks our coaches and kids. We attack their stupid comments and their idiocy.

It’s incredible that HR has totally figured out all of the illegal things PSU is doing because it’s so obvious yet nobody with the power to step in and stop it can see it.

The arrogance of the posters on HR cannot be measured by any known device or scale.

I'm a Hawk fan, that guy is a freaking jerk. Should have been banned long ago. He attacks us too. Lol

The difference is that HR attacks our coaches and kids. We attack their stupid comments and their idiocy.

It’s incredible that HR has totally figured out all of the illegal things PSU is doing because it’s so obvious yet nobody with the power to step in and stop it can see it.

The arrogance of the posters on HR cannot be measured by any known device or scale.
Mr. Brooks posts over there from time to time and he has been nothing but respectful to their program, athletes and coaches. So I'm gonna add that they attack our wrestlers parents as well and it pisses me off. That board had a couple fans accusing the Brooks family of being "bought". I mean straight up said it right to him while Mike "no balls" Zeirath lets it go on. I said earlier, theres a reason people like me go over there and its certainly not to put down their coaches or wrestlers. No, I go there to point out what a complete sh!thole that place has become. Yes...sh!thole...cuz cesspool is too nice a word to describe that place.

My favorite is when one of "the most knowledgeable" is posting about the cheating,roids,slush,poaching,back pimples,cover ups,big heads, and other knowledgeable stuff. He's rolling in the likes and feeling pretty good. Then someone will ask him how he knows all this and he'll type out a long well thought out detailed response with sources and evidence.He's about to hit Post Reply.Then knowing he won't be able to make him understand because the guy has only been following the sport since 2011,he deletes his response, types GFY and GTFO and hits Post Reply.He shut that down and scored 9 more likes from other knowledgeables

My favorite is when one of "the most knowledgeable" is posting about the cheating,roids,slush,poaching,back pimples,cover ups,big heads, and other knowledgeable stuff. He's rolling in the likes and feeling pretty good. Then someone will ask him how he knows all this and he'll type out a long well thought out detailed response with sources and evidence.He's about to hit Post Reply.Then knowing he won't be able to make him understand because the guy has only been following the sport since 2011,he deletes his response, types GFY and GTFO and hits Post Reply.He shut that down and scored 9 more likes from other knowledgeables
lol. I too pay attention to who posts what and who is liking that garbage.

they have been known to re-calibrate after nationals and that lasts about 6 months.

I see you're taking a beating over there right now. Shame the real Hawk fans can no longer post there without getting grief from that handfull of idiots I speak of. Real shame...
Just from the jerks, real fans are respectful and just love the sport.
Pretty sad I shared to those who weren't aware that this board is a great place to post and talk wrestling and get attacked for it. Lol
Lot of good people on HR too. Jerks on all boards.

Super excited Steel, wife got me a belated Christmas present. Ticket to the world team trials at Bryce Jordan. Biggest wrestling event I've ever had the chance to see! Never been to State College, can't wait! Hope DT is 100%
Love the guy!
You can check my sincerity on the HR board. I get blasted for liking him too. Lol
Love watching good wrestling, don't care what team they are with or were with.

Super excited Steel, wife got me a belated Christmas present. Ticket to the world team trials at Bryce Jordan. Biggest wrestling event I've ever had the chance to see! Never been to State College, can't wait! Hope DT is 100%
Love the guy!
Thats awesome! It certainly appears you married a great gal for sure! Hope you have a great time. Actually....I know you will and happy for ya.

Reactions: Sett1997
Love the guy!
You can check my sincerity on the HR board. I get blasted for liking him too. Lol
Love watching good wrestling, don't care what team they are with or were with.
Over there, supporting DT = personally injecting him.

I really need to get a second job. I need something to keep me away from that place so I dont post over there anymore. Lol
Oh it's entertaining reading their replies to logic keep going I like that someone speaks logic to them and........I can't post because I'm banned lol

ADVERTISEMENT