ADVERTISEMENT

AS THE BIRD TURNS

I try not to. I’ve had a few good conversations though. I sometimes like to engage with folks that hold different opinions. I like to understand their point of view.
It's different on hr. You can't fix stupid. I've tried to understand some of their points of view and got nothing but arrogance and posturing that leads to their inability to be civil and dignified. They lack two key components of civil engagement between humans. Rationality and logic

Honestly, the more I’m over there, the more I realize HR is like a time warp back to the early 2000s Internet. It’s a place where everyone there seems to just be discovering how to converse on an internet messageboard, people take themselves much too seriously, and they seem encumbered by the difficulty of nuance in electronic communication.

Much like we talk about an outdated “Iowa style” of wrestling, it seems their forum mirrors this quite a bit. And that’s not even mentioning the constant slapping and push outs over there.

Carver cones are hitting the ground left and right.

giphy.gif

Honestly, the more I’m over there, the more I realize HR is like a time warp back to the early 2000s Internet. It’s a place where everyone there seems to just be discovering how to converse on an internet messageboard, people take themselves much too seriously, and they seem encumbered by the difficulty of nuance in electronic communication.

Much like we talk about an outdated “Iowa style” of wrestling, it seems their forum mirrors this quite a bit. And that’s not even mentioning the constant slapping and push outs over there.
Don't forget the constant whine of "heeeeeesssss stttttaaaaallllliiiiinnnnnn"

This from Ironbird:

“I looked into this guy who wrote it and he does seem to be a IOWA basher! It also seems like a lot of people are going after the HAWKS now with many alleged accusations. Things from recruiting to racism all BS. WE have the biggest and best fan base. WE should shut this down!

NOT saying stoop to their low-life level, just to maybe respond with questions about where the information is coming from. Reporting those who writing stuff with no proof etc....”

Is this guy for real? He either has absolutely no self awareness or he’s convinced no one ever reads his stuff. This turd has posted for years that PSU was cheating, that parents of our athletes receive bags, that our wrestlers are on steroids and never once provided one single shred of evidence. This is the first time in my life that I have so much to say yet I’m speechless. It’s like my brain just can’t truly grasp the idiocy which is Ironbird.

This from Ironbird:

“I looked into this guy who wrote it and he does seem to be a IOWA basher! It also seems like a lot of people are going after the HAWKS now with many alleged accusations. Things from recruiting to racism all BS. WE have the biggest and best fan base. WE should shut this down!

NOT saying stoop to their low-life level, just to maybe respond with questions about where the information is coming from. Reporting those who writing stuff with no proof etc....”

Is this guy for real? He either has absolutely no self awareness or he’s convinced no one ever reads his stuff. This turd has posted for years that PSU was cheating, that parents of our athletes receive bags, that our wrestlers are on steroids and never once provided one single shred of evidence. This is the first time in my life that I have so much to say yet I’m speechless. It’s like my brain just can’t truly grasp the idiocy which is Ironbird.
Funny, was just over there this morning for the first time in about a year and was thinking the same thing. Mind boggling his thought processes. Can’t figure out what his purpose is. Maybe life is tough? Do I laugh at, make fun of, or pray for him? Not worth all the negativity. Leaning toward number 3. :)

Funny, was just over there this morning for the first time in about a year and was thinking the same thing. Mind boggling his thought processes. Can’t figure out what his purpose is. Maybe life is tough? Do I laugh at, make fun of, or pray for him? Not worth all the negativity. Leaning toward number 3. :)
If I wasn’t banned I’d go over and jump into his NIL thread. I link this exact thread, let Ironbird know we have been documenting many of his and others unsubstantiated claims against other programs and coaching staffs. Id then tell him he looks like a moron for even starting the thread but an even bigger idiot for crying about someone slinging shit against the Hawks without having proof.

Reactions: mcpat
If I wasn’t banned I’d go over and jump into his NIL thread. I link this exact thread, let Ironbird know we have been documenting many of his and others unsubstantiated claims against other programs and coaching staffs. Id then tell him he looks like a moron for even starting the thread but an even bigger idiot for crying about someone slinging shit against the Hawks without having proof.
Lol. “If I Wasnt Banned…”

As if I ever let that stop me. :)

Make fun of. It is an easy choice.

This from Ironbird:

This is performance art. Incredible.

I especially like the suggestion of "reporting". To who?

Reactions: danoftw and mcpat
The following is quoted from an Ironbird post on HR. It has to be the single most un-self-aware communication I have ever come across.

“Reporting those who writing stuff with no proof etc...”

Edit: I see someone else has this one covered. I’m leaving it anyway. It’s unreal.

This from Ironbird:

What I wouldn't do to meet that dumb ass under a bridge lmfao

There are many over here that are a joke as well, I get tired of seeing it from both sides and the constant whataboutism from each. As I have told you in the past, I’d rather just read wrestling chatter rather than all the nonsense that seems to happen on these boards constantly.
You don't need to read or participate in the thread.

Brisket is so yesterday. Salt it, pepper it, add some heat if wanted, put it on the smoke. People overdo food. Meat is about the meat. If you have great meat, then what is the reason to season it away from its original flavor? That's what tofu is for.
I use a grillmates rub, applewood cherry, I spritz it with some apple juice and dump a beer in the aluminum pan every few hours. It's worked so far and it comes out great.

Reactions: hlstone
You did some nice work with Vodka today. Impressive... lol
I thought it was in fun; I don’t think he took it that way.

I’m not posting “search my history and prove me wrong” unless I’m prepared to engage in good-natured ribbing over what someone finds.

But he won; his post that said “go ahead and spend your Sunday combing through my posting history to prove that crazy guy on the internet wrong” was one of best / funniest responses I’ve read.

I thought it was in fun; I don’t think he took it that way.

I’m not posting “search my history and prove me wrong” unless I’m prepared to engage in good-natured ribbing over what someone finds.

But he won; his post that said “go ahead and spend your Sunday combing through my posting history to prove that crazy guy on the internet wrong” was one of best / funniest responses I’ve read.
I remember when Vodka pretty much posted his same diatribe in every thread here. That's when I created my Rivals account just to be able to use the IGNORE feature. I wasn't retired yet, then, so my time was much more limited. Must be shortly after that he was banned.

I like tHR Vodka much better. He doesn't $#!+ where he eats, so much.

A few things I think I’ve learned this past week:

- @Mike Zierath can dish it out and take it

- NCHAWK5 honestly HATES PSU the University. It’s not a charade.

- HR folks say things that seem offensive to us, I think, as terms of endearment. Like when George Constanza hosted the executives from the Texas Rangers who called everyone “bastards”

- Folks that ask you to search their posting history don’t always actually mean it

Last edited:
A few things I think I’ve learned this past week:

- @Mike Zierath can dish it out and take it

- NCHAWK5 honestly HATES PSU the University. It’s not a charade.

- HR folks say things that seem offensive to us, I think, as terms of endearment. Like when George Constanza hosted the executives from the Texas Rangers who called everyone “bastards”

- Folks that ask you to search their posting history don’t always actually mean it
You may be onto something, ya bastard.

ADVERTISEMENT