As you guys know, I'm not one to say "I told you so" ....

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
... But can the Republican party now openly tell the stupid f*cking blowhard good-for-nothing piece of actual sh*t Trump to go pound sand up his ass in a place very far away from here?

I understand that a large number of people in the Republican party want nothing to do with Trump - and that's great and all - but collectively the party was too much a coward to openly distance itself from him (which IMO should have been easy peasy), and so the would-be "red wave" ran right into his stupid, fat, narcissistic, shit-filled ass.

Stop being such stupid cowards and tell him to GTFO of here.

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
... But can the Republican party now openly tell the stupid f*cking blowhard good-for-nothing piece of actual sh*t Trump to go pound sand up his ass in a place very far away from here?

I understand that a large number of people in the Republican party want nothing to do with Trump - and that's great and all - but collectively the party was too much a coward to openly distance itself from him (which IMO should have been easy peasy), and so the would-be "red wave" ran right into his stupid, fat, narcissistic, shit-filled ass.

Not quite how I would put it, but your point is well taken.

JR4PSU

Sep 27, 2002
SE PA

I agree.

I was telling my family that his attacks on DeSantis, already, are way over the top. I said long ago that if DeSantis runs, he gets my vote in the primary. But if Trump wins the primary, I will vote for him in the general. That still holds true. I would not be able to bring myself to vote for the Democrat under damn near any circumstance that I could think of. The left has co-opted the Democrat party and have gone sooooo far into insanity that I could not possibly vote for someone that would enable more of that. And if you vote for a Democrat, that is exactly what you are doing, regardless of the individual candidate. Biden is a perfect example. Historically he has been a very moderate Democrat. Once elected President, that has gone completely out the window and he has placated, and cow towed to, the left-wing wacko elements of the Democratic Party from day one.

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020

You get what you deserve, just like Lindsay said before Trump told him he had a nasty video. Trump has a lot of dirt on his party thanks to his buddy Vlad. This is going to fun to watch.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I agree.

I was telling my family that his attacks on DeSantis, already, are way over the top. I said long ago that if DeSantis runs, he gets my vote in the primary. But if Trump wins the primary, I will vote for him in the general. That still holds true. I would not be able to bring myself to vote for the Democrat under damn near any circumstance that I could think of. The left has co-opted the Democrat party and have gone sooooo far into insanity that I could not possibly vote for someone that would enable more of that. And if you vote for a Democrat, that is exactly what you are doing, regardless of the individual candidate. Biden is a perfect example. Historically he has been a very moderate Democrat. Once elected President, that has gone completely out the window and he has placated, and cow towed to, the left-wing wacko elements of the Democratic Party from day one.
I'm sitting out, my vote in Pa. doesn't matter, why bother? I see how they commit the fraud here and it won't matter. This state voted in and cheated in two people with brain damage.
You think they won't with Desantis?

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
I agree.

Ditto.

On a positive note, the RNC has a deep bench of future leaders whereas the DNC has... Gavin Newsom? Florida showed us what is possible with the right approach.

Last edited:
Reactions: psu skp and Hotshoe

junior1

May 29, 2001

Here's the problem...the republican base - the jimmies and joes who make up the party and vote in the primaries - like trump. The electorate, in large part, like trump's policies but don't like the persona of the individual. So therein lies the dilemma. trump gets his base out to vote, but the rest of the voters want him to go away.
I personally believe, that Biden will perceive this election as a validation of his policies so there will be 2 more years of high energy/home prices/rents/inflation....trump will win the republican nomintion...he will lose the general simply because people don't like him...then 4 more years of buttigieg or some similar left wing candidate and well be in for four more years of bidenesque policies.
A republican house could tone things down in the federal government, but if they get a majority, it will be a slim one. Republicans are not known to go along as a caucus, so depending on the level of the majority, 7 or 8 members can hold up the bills of the other 217 members.
We're not in a good place politically.
Trump needs to recoginse reality and put his support behind someone who can win the general and carry the party to majorities in the house and senate. I just don't believe his ego will let him take that step back

junior1

May 29, 2001

Here's the problem...the republican base - the jimmies and joes who make up the party and vote in the primaries - like trump. The electorate, in large part, like trump's policies but don't like the persona of the individual. So therein lies the dilemma. trump gets his base out to vote, but the rest of the voters want him to go away.
I personally believe, that Biden will perceive this election as a validation of his policies so there will be 2 more years of high energy/home prices/rents/inflation....trump will win the republican nomintion...he will lose the general simply because people don't like him...then 4 more years of buttigieg or some similar left wing candidate and well be in for four more years of bidenesque policies.
A republican house could tone things down in the federal government, but if they get a majority, it will be a slim one. Republicans are not known to go along as a caucus, so depending on the level of the majority, 7 or 8 members can hold up the bills of the other 217 members.
Trump needs to recoginse reality and put his support behind someone who can win the general and carry the party to majorities in the house and senate. I just don't believe his ego will let him take that step back

Reactions: The Spin Meister

psualt

Nov 2, 2014
Ditto.

On a positive note, the RNC has a deep bench if future leaders whereas the DNC has... Gavin Newsom? Florida showed us what is possible with the right approach.
I wouldnt discount Gavin Newsom. He could be the worst candidate available but can probably win any election with the D name.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

You're going to lose a lot of working class voters , everywhere. Tell me why I should vote for anyone in 2024. Pa. Voted for Fetterman, explain how these people vote for Desantis?
Of course if Trump runs they can blame him but if elections aren't secured it doesn't matter . Not all states are Florida .
And how was Trump bad policy wise bs Biden who I knew was cognitively compromised?
It doesn't matter, in two years you can explain to me why my vote will make a difference. Maybe you will make a good case.

junior1

May 29, 2001
sorry for the 2nd 3rd and 4th posts..system is doing something to screw with my posting

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I agree however I don't see anyone winning Pennsylvania. How old does Hochul beat Zeldin and by that much?
You're going to have to do a lot of convincing to get someone like my wife to vote again or myself because in Pennsylvania I don't see it matter. I'm glad fish in a probably permanent blue state has seen the light will vote for DeSantis, but why should I bother when I don't think it will matter?

• Haha
Reactions: IIVI and NJPSU

Dzapper

May 5, 2019

Trump and his hand picked candidates are primarily responsible for this election debacle, more than anyone or anything else. I hope that the Republican leadership will finally take action now. The Soc/Dems talk a good game, but why would they take actions to cure the biggest ill of their opposition party? They won't.

i would have "liked" your post but for you saying that " collectively the party was too much a coward to openly distance itself from him". The rank and file is slowly coming around to understanding they made a deal with the devil and that has cost them dearly in this election and will continue to do so in the future unless they start to voice their opposition to this clown. Even diehard Trumpies on this board have been more open in their recognition of what destruction Trump could (and did) do to the Party's chances to take real control of the Fed government and reverse this terrible course the country is on.

But, here's the thing....yes, their are still a number of Trump faithful, here and out there generally, who will go down with the ship. Their loyalty is to him, not the conservatism, the party or the nation. It's sad because I think at heart they actually believe he is the Republican messiah and the only one to lead the way to victory.. There are fewer and fewer of these people hanging on. Most of the rank and file now have faced the reality of supporting the Trump cult and are willing to abandon "Sideshow Don" for a candidate that can actually win. Because in the end, if you don't win elections, your agenda doesn't get done. PERIOD! FULL STOP! Trump is now officially rat poison and the people who line up to support him are akin to the Jonestown kool-aid drinkers.

But, my point is that it's not the rank and file (most are smart enough to have figured Trump out by now), it's the so-called party leaders who are responsible for this mess. They are the cowards. If they didn't fear Trump's vengeance more than they wanted what was best for the nation, they would have come out strongly and in a UNITED way before this election and tell Trump to go away. A few did. And, guess what? Their constituents supported them for doing so (see GA).. Now I believe more will go public since they have a bigger risk of being voted out by not doing so. Others will double down with Trump..... they need to go.

Your main point is 100% right. Trump and his diehard supporters have to go.

Last edited:

rutgersdave

Jan 23, 2004
I agree.

I agree that Biden was more moderate but the party pushed him further left. If Biden doesn’t run which I think he shouldn’t then they need to find a moderate to replace him.

If they find someone too far left, they can lose the election.

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
I wouldnt discount Gavin Newsom. He could be the worst candidate available but can probably win any election with the D name.
Fetterman could beat Trump in 2024, that's how much the general electorate hates Trump. As mentioned above, Trump has a solid base that loves him, but his endless shenanigans have made him UN-electable in the general Election. DeSantis needs to face down the bully.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Desantis is great , but if you think Trump was the problem, not this you are insane .
Again, why should I bother ? You see what happens with in person voting, ID, no ballot harvesting , and no mass mail ballots? Republicans win with ease .
Fetterman would've lost by 5-10 points prior to this.
In Pa. I knew Trump won the state and the election at 10:45 pm because he took the lead, I knew Hillary couldn't make up the difference.
Until the elections are secured in the swing states we will see this, and if you think it's Trump's issue or Desantis will beat this you are mistaken.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Ski and IIVI

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016

Two choices:
1. Tell him to pound sand, the butt-hurt "jimmies and Joes" get over it, and the party moves forward.
2. Let him linger, where he at the same time handcuffs the R party and energizes the D party.... Until he dies, apparently.

Reactions: fbh1

Jerry

May 29, 2001
Trump and his hand picked candidates are more responsible for this election debacle than anyone or anything else. I hope that the Republican leadership will finally take action now. The Soc/Dems talk a good game, but why would they take actions to cure the biggest ill of their opposition party? They won't.

i would have "liked" your post but for you saying that " collectively the party was too much a coward to openly distance itself from him". The rank and file is slowly coming around to understanding they made a deal with the devil and that has cost them dearly in this election and will continue to do so in the future unless they start to voice their opposition to this clown. Even diehard Trumpies on this board have been more open in their recognition of what destruction Trump could (and did) do to the Party's chances to take real control of the Fed government and reverse this terrible course the country is on.

But, here's the thing....yes, their are still a number of Trump faithful, here and out there generally, who will go down with the ship. Their loyalty is to him, not the conservatism, the party or the nation. It's sad because I think at heart they actually believe he is the Republican messiah and the only one to lead the way to victory.. There are fewer and fewer of these people hanging on. Most of the rank and file now have faced the reality of supporting the Trump cult and are willing to abandon "Sideshow Don" for a candidate that can actually win. Because in the end, if you don't win elections your agenda doesn't get done. PERIOD! FULL STOP! Trump is now officially rat poison and the people who line up to support him are akin to the Jonestown kool-aid drinkers.

But, my point is that it's not the rank and file (most are smart enough to figure Trump out by now), it's the so-called party leaders who are responsible for this mess. They are the cowards. If they didn't fear Trump's vengeance more than they wanted what was best for the nation, they would have come out strongly and in a UNITED way to tell Trump to go away. A few did. And, guess what? Their constituents supported them for doing so (see GA).. Now I believe more will go public since they have a bigger risk of being voted out by not doing so. Some will double down with Trump..... they need to go.

The only part of that I disagree with is at the very end. We need Trump's diehard supporters. We can't win without them. But they have to wake up and realize that Trump is not the answer. His repeat candidacy, which he apparently intends to announce next week, is a big fat gift to Dem-Media.

There was only one big Republican winner from yesterday's electoral failure, and his name is Ron DeSantis. Yet there was the Orange big mouth taking juvenile shots at DeSantis only a few days ago. Also keep in mind that Trump pretty much gave us Dr. Oz's candidacy in Pennsylvania. His personal support put Oz over the top in the primary.

I voted for Trump twice...but always with my eyes wide open. I'd vote for him again. I'll vote for anyone running on the R ticket. But Trump can not win in 2024, and he may blow up the entire Republican Party in the attempt.

I have total respect for Trump's fans. I get what they like about the guy. But they need to decide whether the next presidential election is about the past of Trump or the future of America. It's time to move on. An 80-year old under federal investigation (justified or not) with a hard public disapproval rating in the range of 60% is a recipe for political catastrophe.

Reactions: Monlion and SR108

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Trump and his hand picked candidates are primarily responsible for this election debacle, more than anyone or anything else. I hope that the Republican leadership will finally take action now. The Soc/Dems talk a good game, but why would they take actions to cure the biggest ill of their opposition party? They won't.

But, here's the thing....yes, their are still a number of Trump faithful, here and out there generally, who will go down with the ship. Their loyalty is to him, not the conservatism, the party or the nation. It's sad because I think at heart they actually believe he is the Republican messiah and the only one to lead the way to victory.. There are fewer and fewer of these people hanging on. Most of the rank and file now have faced the reality of supporting the Trump cult and are willing to abandon "Sideshow Don" for a candidate that can actually win. Because in the end, if you don't win elections, your agenda doesn't get done. PERIOD! FULL STOP! Trump is now officially rat poison and the people who line up to support him are akin to the Jonestown kool-aid drinkers.

But, my point is that it's not the rank and file (most are smart enough to have figured Trump out by now), it's the so-called party leaders who are responsible for this mess. They are the cowards. If they didn't fear Trump's vengeance more than they wanted what was best for the nation, they would have come out strongly and in a UNITED way before this election and tell Trump to go away. A few did. And, guess what? Their constituents supported them for doing so (see GA).. Now I believe more will go public since they have a bigger risk of being voted out by not doing so. Others will double down with Trump..... they need to go.

Ok , we will . You really think Fetterman voters voted against Oz because Trump endorsed him? If you lose voters like me who were diehard republicans who do not trust the system you are lost forever.
My wife registered Republican support trump and has voted for Rs since 2016, the first year she ever voted. She was 42 then.
Tell her this and see what happens .

Reactions: Ski

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Ok , we will . You really think Fetterman voters voted against Oz because Trump endorsed him? If you lose voters like me who were diehard republicans who do not trust the system you are lost forever.
My wife registered Republican support trump and has voted for Rs since 2016, the first year she ever voted. She was 42 then.
Do you realize you sound like a child? Rather than admit you lost you are blaming the refs, I’m embarrassed for you. (Although it is fun to watch)

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

sorry for the 2nd 3rd and 4th posts..system is doing something to screw with my posting
yeah, about that , I have the same issue

1Hammers1

Jan 26, 2014
Oz was trumps pick. He got it wrong. Gen z thought he was a scam artist. I voted against Oz in the primary.

SR108

Jan 13, 2004

Desantis is great , but if you think Trump was the problem, not this you are insane .
Again, why should I bother ? You see what happens with in person voting, ID, no ballot harvesting , and no mass mail ballots? Republicans win with ease .
Fetterman would've lost by 5-10 points prior to this.
In Pa. I knew Trump won the state and the election at 10:45 pm because he took the lead, I knew Hillary couldn't make up the difference.
Until the elections are secured in the swing states we will see this, and if you think it's Trump's issue or Desantis will beat this you are mistaken.

The problem was Mastriano and Oz. Mastriano was such a bad candidate that there were negative coattails. To much to overcome considering the loose pa voting laws.

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
You get what you deserve, just like Lindsay said before Trump told him he had a nasty video. Trump has a lot of dirt on his party thanks to his buddy Vlad. This is going to fun to watch.

I don't know about the "Trump has a lot of dirt on his party thanks to his buddy Vlad" part, but you're spot on with the "You get what you deserve" (wrt Trump) part.

The Republicans created this monster.

Reactions: RoyalT12

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

The issue is mail in ballot harvesting. If that isn't obvious to you from the returns you have your eyes closed.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

The issue is mail in ballot harvesting. If that isn't obvious to you from the returns you have your eyes closed.

Jerry

May 29, 2001

I've never had any illusions about Trump -- see my post above in this thread -- but I think putting the blame solely on him for what happened (or didn't happen) yesterday is off-base, Fish. It's more complicated than that. Trump is not the disease. He's only a symptom of the disease.

Dzapper

May 5, 2019
The only part of that I disagree with is at the very end. We need Trump's diehard supporters. We can't win without them. But they have to wake up and realize that Trump is not the answer. His repeat candidacy, which he apparently intends to announce next week, is a big fat gift to Dem-Media.

There was only one big Republican winner from yesterday's electoral failure, and his name is Ron DeSantis. Yet there was the Orange big mouth taking juvenile shots at DeSantis only a few days ago. Also keep in mind that Trump pretty much gave us Dr. Oz's candidacy in Pennsylvania. His personal support put Oz over the top in the primary.

I voted for Trump twice...but always with my eyes wide open. I'd vote for him again. I'll vote for anyone running on the R ticket. But Trump can not win in 2024, and he may blow up the entire Republican Party in the attempt.

I have total respect for Trump's fans. I get what they like about the guy. But they need to decide whether the next presidential election is about the past of Trump or the future of America. It's time to move on. An 80-year old under federal investigation (justified or not) with a hard public disapproval rating in the range of 60% is a recipe for political catastrophe.
Trump doesn't have the influence he has without his diehard supporters in his pocket. They enable him. If you want to rid the party of Trump, then, I would submit. you have to root out his source of power. If they can't figure out the destructiveness of their hero by now, they are beyond hope. For everyone of them who leaves the party because Trump is attacked, there are a couple of "independents" in the middle of the political spectrum who will support a Republican candidate ( once Trump is gone). Just my opinion.....

Reactions: BoulderFish

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Trump did endorse two shitty candidates for Senate. Dr. Oz is the stereotypical rich republican. He stood no chance - even against an obese moron who never held a real job, and mooched off his parents. I thought Walker would fare better just based on fame, but clearly, he isn't bright. I pin in it more on the candidates than Trump. BTW, I called that the GOP would not take the Senate.

As James Franklin one said, "the plays work better with better players."

The good news is that DeSantis has game, and FL runs like a well oiled machine.

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
Ok , we will . You really think Fetterman voters voted against Oz because Trump endorsed him?

No. Fetterman voters didn't actively vote against Oz because Trump endorsed him.

1. Moderate voters who were probably prepared to pinch their noses and vote for Oz were turned off and/or de-energized by the sight of Trump endorsing him.
2. (more impactfully) The left became more energized to vote for Fetterman as a result of Trump's endorsement of Oz.

Have you guys ever heard of something called Trump Derangement Syndrome? TDS?

It's not rational, but nothing -- and I mean absolutely literally NOTHING -- motivates the left to vote more than hearing Trump's name associated with a candidate they can vote against.

I thought you guys knew this.

But either way, the fact that Fetterman didn't drop to about 25% in the polls after that debate should have clued you in.

Reactions: DandyDonII

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Trump did endorse two shitty candidates for Senate. Dr. Oz is the stereotypical rich republican. He stood no chance - even against an obese moron who never held a real job, and mooched off his parents. I thought Walker would fare better just based on fame, but clearly, he isn't bright. I pin in it more on the candidates than Trump. BTW, I called that the GOP would not take the Senate.

As James Franklin one said, "the plays work better with better players."

The good news is that DeSantis has game, and FL runs like a well oiled machine.
The bad news is Pennsylvania and certain states have Democrat governors and they will not fix their elections. Trump won Pennsylvania in 2016 and I saw that coming, in 2020 there was even more energy in the state for him. The energy wasn't for Biden we had mass mail in ballots that were unsecured 1.8 million I believe that should not have been counted and they did. This happened in other states too, guess which ones?
DeSantis is an outstanding governor and candidate but if you do not think he will get the treatment from the mainstream media and government agencies I think you're sadly mistaken. Trump had to deal with a false narrative of Russian collusion, something the FBI newest Fox. Somethings the FBI directly like two to get warts to spy on him for and the media promoted this for four years.
They hit the truth and spread disinformation or more correctly misinformation about the hunter Biden laptop. That 50 former intelligence officer letter was complete bogus nonsense. Think this laptop was true but the media and the FBI ran cover for it.
It's not going to stop for DeSantis unfortunately.

SR108

Jan 13, 2004
No. Fetterman voters didn't actively vote against Oz because Trump endorsed him.

1. Moderate voters who were probably prepared to pinch their noses and vote for Oz were turned off and/or de-energized by the sight of Trump endorsing him.
2. (more impactfully) The left became more energized to vote for Fetterman as a result of Trump's endorsement of Oz.

It's not rational, but nothing -- and I mean absolutely literally NOTHING -- motivates the left to vote more than hearing Trump's name associated with a candidate they can vote against.

But either way, the fact that Fetterman didn't drop to about 25% in the polls after that debate should have clued you in.
This^^^

Dzapper

May 5, 2019

It's not about supporting TRUMP, it's about winning elections to further the conservative agenda. Yes, I think Oz never got the traction he needed to win, in large part, because of TRUMP. We had a perfectly good (electable) candidate in the investment guy (McCormack?) who had all the right credentials and could have beat a addled brain Soc/Dem 7 days a week. But, instead TRUMP intervened and his "supporters" went along and we got Oz.. Why? Because Trump wanted his man, someone loyal to him to be the candidate.

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
I've never had any illusions about Trump -- see my post above in this thread -- but I think putting the blame solely on him for what happened (or didn't happen) yesterday is off-base, Fish. It's more complicated than that. Trump is not the disease. He's only a symptom of the disease.

Oh I don't disagree with that AT ALL.

But at least take some Ex-lax and treat the symptom, ffs.

• Haha
Reactions: Jerry

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019

One question do you live in Pennsylvania? You understand how our mailing system works compared to 2016 and all the years prior? You could keep believing that it's Trump in TDS but you're sadly mistaken, you're even more mistaken if you think DeSantis will have an easy time in 2024 if Trump steps aside.
Our voting system was radically changed after 2016 it was games in 2020, we had 1.8 million votes in the state that were mail in votes that should not have counted according to the rules now. Biden doesn't win the state otherwise. This is what also happened in other states, so you could blame Trump but it's not TDS.
TDS didn't want to associate court to get a warrant, nor did it cause the media to push that false narrative. And don't you think that that deliberate misinformation has something to do with peoples attitudes towards him? And do you think Ron DeSantis will be immune to such tactics?
Remember they did the same thing to Kyle Rittenhouse and Nicholas Sandmann, they straight up lied about him.
But let's say south that DeSantis won't get a similar treatment how are we going to fix Pennsylvania? How are we going to fix Michigan and potentially Arizona? That is a flake does not win, if she wins I'm sure the election laws will be tightened up there. But what about Wisconsin now?
Is it trumps fault that Democrats want to game the system with mail in ballots in ballot harvest? I don't think so.
So explain why my wife and I should even vote in a swing state, I'd like to hear it. And remember I'm a lifelong Republican that has never seen this before you could call TDS but I'm a native Pennsylvanian who is voted in every election that we have since 18. And I've also voted almost strictly Republican because I believe more of their political philosophy and most candidates I believe are superior to the other one. So convince us now why we should bother, I want to hear it based on your experience in the state?

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
It's not about supporting TRUMP, it's about winning elections to further the conservative agenda. Yes, I think Oz never got the traction he needed to win, in large part, because of TRUMP. We had a perfectly good (electable) candidate in the investment guy (McCormack?) who had all the right credentials and could have beat a addled brain Soc/Dem 7 days a week. But, instead TRUMP intervened and his "supporters" went along and we got Oz.. Why? Because Trump wanted his man, someone loyal to him to be the candidate.
And you think he would've won? Realistically? You think ours was the worse candidate than that stroke victim never worked a day in his life? I guarantee you in the old days under the old ways Federman never had a chance. I was his name recognition would've been more than enough.

jjw165

Jan 18, 2005
Well, don’t get your hopes up about Trump being kicked to the curb. He’s probably going to be announcing in the coming weeks that he’s running for president again. I heard an interview on the radio yesterday where Mike Pompeo was asked about a 2nd campaign for DT. A question was along the lines of this: What do you think will happen when Trump announces he’s running for a second term and DeSantis also decides to run. He said: civil war in the Reupublican party. It’s going to get very interesting. Get ready.

Reactions: bourbon n blues