ADVERTISEMENT

At this point, should recruits consider Day and Harbaugh as

Should recruits consider Day and Harbaugh as unlikely to be there should they commit?

• Day for sure

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Day coin toss

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Harbaugh for sure

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Harbaugh coin toss

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Neither, they are both safe to be there for a recruit's college days

Votes: 12 46.2%

• Total voters
Are your alls NIL efforts more for on the roster proven players vs HS recruits?

Everybody remembers Ewers and his graduating early for NIL. The rest seemed to be on the roster, high end guys.

I'm not an insider. No subs to pay info at all. Just curious. I barely know our kids NIL info.

Kids get robust NIL deals once they're on campus and prove themselves. They do as well as kids anywhere in the country -- but it's contingent on the kid showing the value of their name/image/likeness. TV commercials, ads, stuff like that.

We don't pay kids up front the way that SEC schools (and increasingly many others) are doing. And we've lost some serious studs with whom we were believed to be strong leaders. Seems like OSU, ND, Michigan, PSU, and other northern schools aren't paying up front -- we will definitely slip behind in recruiting as a result, but the wait-and-see approach is probably the right one. There's enormous risk for locker room issues by making HS kids millionaires right away without even proving anything. I'm glad we're not paying $2 million for a defensive end.

Day just flipped a stud QB committed to Washington, who had an offer of $750k up front to be a Husky. He said publicly that OSU couldn't match that, but picked OSU regardless because he wanted to be developed by Day. I wish more kids had that attitude, but hard to blame a kid for taking the money up front. Especially if they come from a poor family.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT