ADVERTISEMENT

Autoport in foreclosure

scpsu76

Nov 7, 2011
Sad news for the old timers. Sheriff sale posting in today's CDT.

Guess the one room they remodeled on Hotel Impossible didn't do the trick.

While in grad school, my brother owned a Stanley Steemer franchise in St. College. I worked for him the summer of 74 and cleaned the carpets at the Autoport. Little known fact.

Originally posted by BVSt.Paul:
While in grad school, my brother owned a Stanley Steemer franchise in St. College. I worked for him the summer of 74 and cleaned the carpets at the Autoport. Little known fact.
Probably the same carpets
smile.r191677.gif

They deserve it

The owners are not great people who did not-great things to buy it in the first place. I only feel bad for their employees.

Re: Wasn't it the first motel in PA?...

at least I think I remember seeing that somewhere.
I wonder what happens to Clems?.
Its too bad they let it go. I used to stay there in the 90's for the Arts Festival.

Still find that one hard to believe, but I know some who swear it's true.**

antidisestablishmentarianism

I stayed there many times from 2003-2007 the years my daughter went to school. I used to like the place and have many good memories of staying there. During those years, the original family still owned the place. They were hands on people and were always present.

I guess they got old and grew tired of the many hours and the hard work involved in running the place. I'll always remember the small restaurant on one end, the larger dinning room down the hallway and the nice barroom adjacent to the larger dinning room. I always liked their grounds and even enjoyed their pool and outdoor patio a few times. They had a great setup there. It's too bad the newer owners didn't take care of the place.

I was just at the bar last Friday after hockey.

I like the bar a lot, but there was a very, very strange vibe from the employees and the bartender.

Someone who knows what they are doing can make a mint there. Financing is so cheap right now - good opportunity for any locals.

I worked at Autoport as a bus boy as my first job in high school from age 15-17 in the late 90s and my grandmother worked there as a cook for many many years before she retired. The Meyer familiy were still the owners back then and they kept the restaurant and the motel in very good condition so when I saw the terrible shape it was in on 'Hotel Impossible' I was very shocked and saddened.

I am not surprised the show wasn't able to 'save' the port given they only re-did one room and left the rest in the incompetent boobs that own the place's hands...

I used to stay there back then during football season.......

I really liked the place -- it was always clean and well cared for. My wife was amazed at all the flower boxes on the railings in front of the rooms.

It is a shame to see what has happened to the place. Someone with the right vision could turn it around, I think. Some sort of 50's retro-motel theme maybe.

Re: I used to stay there back then during football season.......

Originally posted by CF LION:
I really liked the place -- it was always clean and well cared for. My wife was amazed at all the flower boxes on the railings in front of the rooms.

It is a shame to see what has happened to the place. Someone with the right vision could turn it around, I think. Some sort of 50's retro-motel theme maybe.
Yeah I agree. I always thought it was well taken care of also. The family really cared about the place. They even had a greenhouse next to their house. I guess they used to get things started in the greenhouse before it was mature enough to place on the motel property.

Re: I've never been able to swing over to that end of town

I thought the American Ale House was the joint for swingers?

Those incompetent boobs probably ran out of money they could take off the top from the child care center she was running.

Maybe it is too - for all I know. The Autoport has had that reputation for a while though. Must be the easy walk from the bar to one of the motel rooms

When we first got season tickets, stayed at the Autoport. Always had a great time and Mr Myers and his daughter Beth were great. Never thought the new owners new what they were doing. Maybe I was right. Too bad, Hope somebody takes over and restores it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT