ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Baseball Championship: Penn State vs Nebraska- GAMETIME 11am

republion

Mar 24, 2009
The game has been moved from 2pm to 11am EST due to forecasted storms later in the afternoon. LFG PSU!!!

Reactions: jjw165
I saw that we've lost 11 straight games to Nebraska. We're due!

1st inning: A walk, 3 hits, and a Nebraska error but PSU only scores 1 run.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: republion
These announces don’t seem to understand the meaning of Memorial Day.

How long is this challenge going to take? Video confirmed the runner was out at 1st. It’s a force play not a tag play.

Reactions: bdroc
Close but no cigar in bottom of 8th. Line drive to 3rd baseman followed by to balls hit to the warning track.

Nebraska scores in top of 9th. Could have been strike 3 but didn't get the call, then PSU pitcher throws fast ball down the middle (with 1st base open) giving up the go ahead hit.

Last edited:
Close but no cigar in bottom of 8th. Line drive to 3rd baseman followed by to balls hit to the warning track.

Nebraska scores in top of 9th. Could have been strike 3 but didn't get the call, then PSU pitcher throws fast ball down the middle giving up the go ahead hit.
Should’ve been called strike 3 and end of the inning. But no, Nebraska gets the call and on the very next pitch singles in what was ultimately is the winning run. BS call.

Reactions: psuno1

Nebraska scores in top of 9th. Could have been strike 3 but didn't get the call, then PSU pitcher throws fast ball down the middle (with 1st base open) giving up the go ahead hit.
Actually he hung a curve ball. Great game. Tough loss.

Should’ve been called strike 3 and end of the inning. But no, Nebraska gets the call and on the very next pitch singles in what was ultimately is the winning run. BS call.
I actually thought it was a bit outside but the most have been calling those strikes the past two days.

Still no excuse for throwing it down the middle with 1st base open.

Reactions: jjw165
Great game, any chance PSU gets into the NCAA's?
Probably not, but this loss doesn’t take away from the fact that this team had an amazing run in the big ten tournament. I think this is going to be the start of something special for this program. This is a watershed moment for the program imo. Gambino was a great hire!!! Awesome job by Pat Kraft of hiring him!

Probably not, but this loss doesn’t take away from the fact that this team had an amazing run in the big ten tournament. I think this is going to be the start of something special for this program. This is a watershed moment for the program imo. Gambino was a great hire!!! Awesome job by Pat Kraft of hiring him!
I hope you're right. I can't pretend I could name a guy on the baseball team but these last two days I was rooting hard.

The pitch was a little off the plate, a ball. I love the conspiracy theories but that was a ball. It sucks. The play at 2B on the steal should have been the inning. The kid slid to the outfield side of the bag and got in. Great baserunning and props to Nebraska.

Seems we can never win when the chips are down other than wrestling which is usually a foregone conclusion and few care.

We get a home mat for Wrestling once every X years. The rest of the conference gets a home game for every tournament imaginable. Today was a good example and it's going to be in Omaha for 3 more years they said. Indy or Chiraq for basketball and football. OKie Doke. We get wrestling. Like we need it. Maryland next year. Whoo hoo.

I hope you're right. I can't pretend I could name a guy on the baseball team but these last two days I was rooting hard.

The pitch was a little off the plate, a ball. I love the conspiracy theories but that was a ball. It sucks. The play at 2B on the steal should have been the inning. The kid slid to the outfield side of the bag and got in. Great baserunning and props to Nebraska.

Seems we can never win when the chips are down other than wrestling which is usually a foregone conclusion and few care.
It may have been a ball, but in this tournament that pitch has been a strike 90% of the time.

We get a home mat for Wrestling once every X years. The rest of the conference gets a home game for every tournament imaginable. Today was a good example and it's going to be in Omaha for 3 more years they said. Indy or Chiraq for basketball and football. OKie Doke. We get wrestling. Like we need it. Maryland next year. Whoo hoo.
Is this is real complaint?
Are they giving the Illini and Hoosiers an advantage or is it just a major city?
You realize Nebraska is located in Lincoln not Omaha?
Do you want championships in Philly or Pittsburgh and if so why? Doubt you're attending anyway.

Is this is real complaint?
Are they giving the Illini and Hoosiers an advantage or is it just a major city?
You realize Nebraska is located in Lincoln not Omaha?
Do you want championships in Philly or Pittsburgh and if so why? Doubt you're attending anyway.
Why not? Whether I attend is irrelevant. There's a home advantage in these tournaments when it's in a local city. Seems the only tournament we ever host is wrestling. Did you see any of the game? Did you notice the crowd? These things should be on a rotation not locked in.

Why not? Whether I attend is irrelevant. There's a home advantage in these tournaments when it's in a local city. Seems the only tournament we ever host is wrestling. Did you see any of the game? Did you notice the crowd? These things should be on a rotation not locked in.
Where exactly do you want Penn State to "host" the Big Ten baseball tournament?
Are the Phillies or Bucs going to agree to it? State College wouldn't work.
Whatever program/city that puts together the best proposal and has the best facilities should host IMO
The old Big East having their tournament at Madison Square Garden was great. Just like it makes sense that the Big Ten has it in Indianapolis or Chicago (or maybe Minneapolis)--could be LA moving forward or Seattle.
I don't think any of it should be on a campus site--that includes Penn State/Iowa for wrestling unless they simply have the top seed host.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT