ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news on recruiting front

We need WRs not sure what the young man is thinking.......with two PSU ex players as coaches.....going to a school who needs WRs.....with a 5* QB seems like he was a very good position.

I'm wondering if we get back DJ Marcus Stokes back to Penn State.........after getting booted from Florida, after they secured a higher rated QB...........

word on street is that most likely he decommitted as he no longer had a valid schollie offer from PSU. his senior year tape was not that great and PSU is looking to keep that schollie to get a higher level, proven WR in the portal

I was wondering if he was getting an underwhelming vibe from the staff. Good luck to him, wherever he winds up.

Reactions: GregInPitt
word on street is that most likely he decommitted as he no longer had a valid schollie offer from PSU. his senior year tape was not that great and PSU is looking to keep that schollie to get a higher level, proven WR in the portal
Have heard as much. But I hope we are also seriously still after 4 star Gallagher from Uniontown who had committed to west Virginia.

Reactions: bison13
We took a ton of WRs last year. Theoretically, we could only lose Tinsley. Stats are telling as well. Shakir didn't have a big year. I'd rather take a guy who is catching balls in HS than a camp standout at WR. You can take that risk on high end kids (hello! Justin Shorter), but it's a waste on a low 4, high 3 * guy.

One has to wonder about what is in the works. Driver now announced as full time WR. Washington gets hurt, almost assuredly returns. Is their a portal guy they have in mind? A HS guy?

We need WRs not sure what the young man is thinking.......with two PSU ex players as coaches.....going to a school who needs WRs.....with a 5* QB seems like he was a very good position.

I'm wondering if we get back DJ Marcus Stokes back to Penn State.........after getting booted from Florida, after they secured a higher rated QB...........
Not a chance Stokes comes back into the mix. When he decommitted, it came out that he was giving mixed messages to the Penn State staff that he was committed to the team but he was taking secret visits. In addition, Jaxson Smolik has been nothing but a class act for the program since committing so I would hate to mess up that dynamic.

Reactions: GregInPitt
A bunch of kids will be hitting the portal this week and next. I would guess that the staff will have some guys they will look in to as well as talking to Gallagher and the Pitt WR

We took a ton of WRs last year. Theoretically, we could only lose Tinsley. Stats are telling as well. Shakir didn't have a big year. I'd rather take a guy who is catching balls in HS than a camp standout at WR. You can take that risk on high end kids (hello! Justin Shorter), but it's a waste on a low 4, high 3 * guy.

One has to wonder about what is in the works. Driver now announced as full time WR. Washington gets hurt, almost assuredly returns. Is their a portal guy they have in mind? A HS guy?
Have to believe that the staff will go after multiple WR's to add to the roster for 2023.

The lack of production from the 2021 and 2022 class WR's may have changed the plan to go after multiple WR's from the transfer portal, as this season't WR performance is not up to the performance required to line up with the big boys and taking a couple more high school recruits that likely won't be ready to contribute in 2023 doesn't help 2023 either.

So if the staff can't flip a top high school WR (almost all of the best WR's are committed elsewhere, but the WVU coach might get canned, i.e. Gallagher....), or the staff isn't just taken aback by a late riser, it might be a better plan for the 2023 team to go after multiple transfer WR's.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT