ADVERTISEMENT

Barron says Freeh report will be discredited

jerseylion109

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2012
Saw this on the Freeh board but have no idea how accurate this is and whether or not the person who posted this on facebook is legit but take it FWIW

The entire post is as follows:

An evening with Dr. Barron. Straight answers to some tough questions.
When are we going to properly honor Joe? As soon as we are able. We know he wasn't involved in a coverup but we can't do anything until the criminal cases are resolved. It's a shame they are taking so long.

What about Keith Olbermann's tweets? Disgraceful. We challenged him to make a donation to THON. And we have gotten a ton of very positive publicity. I'm not sure he can survive this.

What is your timetable for completing your review of the Freeh Report? I'm in no hurry because the report has no value. Its conclusions had no basis in fact, they didn't interview the key people, they had no subpoena power, it won't be mentioned in the next and final Athletic Integrity Report. It will ultimately be discredited and it is not a factor in our decision making.

What do you say to people who equate The Sandusky Scandal with Penn State? Sandusky is in jail where he belongs, but Penn State is not in jail. We are an outstanding University that compares favorably with any student body, faculty and Alumni base in the country. We have nothing to apologize for and a great deal to be proud of.

Have you spoken with Governor Wolf? I have had a number of meetings with the Governor, with Senator Corman, and with key legislators. I feel good about those meetings, but the State is dealing with money issues. We may not get everything we want this year, but we will continue to stress our economic impact of $16 billion in Pennsylvania and we will show that our University is a very good investment in the long run.

FSU's football team won a National Championship while you were President. How do you top that? I intend to be the first University President to win National Championships at two different schools!

How would you define your job description? My job is simply to make a great University better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.