ADVERTISEMENT

Barry Fenchak running for the Penn State Board of Trustees

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Note from Barry:

"Each year, Penn Staters can elect three alumni to serve on the Penn State Board of Trustees. It is important that we have proper representation and a voice in the governance of Penn State.

Barry Fenchak is running for a seat on the Board. Barry would provide a strong voice for responsible governance at Penn State.

The elections consist of two phases - the nomination phase which runs from January 15th through February 25th, and the general election which will take place later in the spring. Barry needs the nominations of 250 Penn Staters to be on the ballot in the spring.

If you are an alumnus who has voted in previous elections, you should receive a nominating ballot in your e-mail on January 15th. Please enter "Barry J Fenchak, Class of 1984 Engineering" on your ballot.

If you are not familiar with the process, or have not voted in previous elections, you need to request your nominating ballot from Pen State. You can find a link to request your ballot here: 2022 Alumni Trustee Nomination Ballot Request (http://office.com).

You do have to be an alumni to cast a ballot - but if you are not, you can make an impact by forwarding this message to any alumni among your family and friends. Since Penn State does little to publicize the elections, they probably are not aware of the process of how to vote, or who to vote for. Thanks.

Also, Barry's website can be found at http://barryfenchak4trustee.com. There is a lot of good information there.

I’m Barry Fenchak, and I need your help. To be listed on the April 2022 Penn State Alumni Trustee ballot, I need 250 nominations from Penn State alumni.

Nominations will run January 15th to February 25th. On January 15th alumni will receive nominating ballots by email. Please nominate me, Barry J Fenchak, 1984 Engineering. If you are expecting a nomination ballot email and don’t receive one, please click here or call the Penn State Trustee office at (814) 865-2521. I appreciate your support."

This year instead of voting for PSU trustees I will vote for the number of angels I think can dance on the head of a pin. It's hope and change.

Reactions: BBrown
Read his website. For me his posted highlights stating his opinions pertaining to our athletes academic standing in the Big Ten and James Franklin’s contract may have facts but he uses too broad of a brush to support his stance. What he doesn’t highlight is that our football program outperforms most of the Big Ten schools ( # 4 2020 APR ) and the university academic rankings itself.

I am a Penn State grad and supporter of the Football Excellence program. Sorry he’s not going to get my endorsement or vote. We already have a couple alumni elected board members who seem to have a similar platform. We need less, not more of this. Oh just in case anyone is interested Alabama and Cincinnati had higher football academic ratings than we did in the APR ranking referenced above.

He has some good points, some not do much.

The way he acted on here is one reason would never give him my vote.

what is funny is he can never even get enough votes to get on the ballot. He must rub the people that know him in real life the wrong way as well.

Oh just in case anyone is interested Alabama and Cincinnati had higher football academic ratings than we did in the APR ranking referenced above.
APR is a metric that can be manipulated. The APR invites widespread academic fraud when mismatched recruits are not provided appropriate remediation through academic support services. What we don't know is where on the spectrum Bama and Cinci measures up to PSU and other institutions for academic support services thereby possibly having its scores manipulated through academic fraud.

APR is a metric that can be manipulated. The APR invites widespread academic fraud when mismatched recruits are not provided appropriate remediation through academic support services. What we don't know is where on the spectrum Bama and Cinci measures up to PSU and other institutions for academic support services thereby possibly having its scores manipulated through academic fraud.
He is a wack job who thinks he knows better than anyone. His immature antics on this board shows he can not handle a leadership role. How anyone thinks the guy is stable enough to be in the position is beyond me.

He is a wack job who thinks he knows better than anyone. His immature antics on this board shows he can not handle a leadership role. How anyone thinks the guy is stable enough to be in the position is beyond me.
Which one, the real one or the troll using his name?

Barry is too stupid to realize that you don't garner votes by insulting people. Since he exhibits no capability to understand this basic concept I don't worry too much about him being elected to anything.

Status quo does not work with the BOT.
They need some disruptive technology.

I do believe Barry does care a lot.

Yeah, Barry cares a lot. That is why he sends a note to us via one of his minions telling us we should vote for him. He doesn't even make a personal appeal. And the reason for that is he knows he's pissed off just about everyone here.

If he cares sooooo much, why isn't he here pleading for our votes? Guess he doesn't feel it worth his efforts, or maybe it is just beneath him to personally ask for our help. That says a lot.

Reactions: blair10 and wilbury
Note from Barry:

"Each year, Penn Staters can elect three alumni to serve on the Penn State Board of Trustees. It is important that we have proper representation and a voice in the governance of Penn State.

Barry Fenchak is running for a seat on the Board. Barry would provide a strong voice for responsible governance at Penn State.

The elections consist of two phases - the nomination phase which runs from January 15th through February 25th, and the general election which will take place later in the spring. Barry needs the nominations of 250 Penn Staters to be on the ballot in the spring.

If you are an alumnus who has voted in previous elections, you should receive a nominating ballot in your e-mail on January 15th. Please enter "Barry J Fenchak, Class of 1984 Engineering" on your ballot.

If you are not familiar with the process, or have not voted in previous elections, you need to request your nominating ballot from Pen State. You can find a link to request your ballot here: 2022 Alumni Trustee Nomination Ballot Request (http://office.com).

You do have to be an alumni to cast a ballot - but if you are not, you can make an impact by forwarding this message to any alumni among your family and friends. Since Penn State does little to publicize the elections, they probably are not aware of the process of how to vote, or who to vote for. Thanks.

Also, Barry's website can be found at http://barryfenchak4trustee.com. There is a lot of good information there.

I’m Barry Fenchak, and I need your help. To be listed on the April 2022 Penn State Alumni Trustee ballot, I need 250 nominations from Penn State alumni.

Nominations will run January 15th to February 25th. On January 15th alumni will receive nominating ballots by email. Please nominate me, Barry J Fenchak, 1984 Engineering. If you are expecting a nomination ballot email and don’t receive one, please click here or call the Penn State Trustee office at (814) 865-2521. I appreciate your support."
I'm looking for someone who is not afraid to rock the boat or at least be accessible to the alums. Right now thats Anthony Lubrano Alice Pope and Barb Doran. The rest of our alumni elected trustees are invisible. So I am supporting Barry and
Note from Barry:

I want alumni Trustees who are not afraid to rock the boat and or are accessible to the alums. Right now thats only Anthony Lubrano, Alice Pope and Barb Doran. The rest are invisible to us. So i am supporting Barry and Maribeth Roman Schmidt. We Are.

The problem is he disruptive but when challenged he cant defend his position he turns to second grade insults. When you are part of a board that doesn’t work because you end up being just one voice. You need someone who is disruptive but can defend and persuade others on the board to follow his ideas. Barry has shown that he is incapable of doing that. He would be a waste of a seat on the board.

Being a good, decent person who treats others well doesn't guarantee you'll succeed in leading.

But being a pompous prick makes leading a hell of a lot harder. That's Barry's challenge. As others have said, if his behavior in the real world is akin to the way he behaved on this board, that's a red flag from a leadership perspective. He always assumed he was the smartest guy in any given conversation, and when challenged on his opinions, resorted to petty insults.

No thanks.

The problem is he disruptive but when challenged he cant defend his position he turns to second grade insults. When you are part of a board that doesn’t work because you end up being just one voice. You need someone who is disruptive but can defend and persuade others on the board to follow his ideas. Barry has shown that he is incapable of doing that. He would be a waste of a seat on the board.
Of the 30 or so seats, how many do you think are worthwhile today? It's been ten years since I think I've really started paying attention to anything BOT. In that time, many, many, many decisions appear to be rubber-stamped and/or not open to discussion/debate. Nobody/very few appear to be able to influence and challenge what the secret executive board has deemed is correct.

Reactions: step.eng69
Of the 30 or so seats, how many do you think are worthwhile today? It's been ten years since I think I've really started paying attention to anything BOT. In that time, many, many, many decisions appear to be rubber-stamped and/or not open to discussion/debate. Nobody/very few appear to be able to influence and challenge what the secret executive board has deemed is correct.
The OG BOT rigged the system so their schemes of self enrichment can never be challenged. Only an uprising of students and alumni will get their attention.

We allowed this to happen. It would take a miracle to reverse their BS.

For God's sake buy a better holster .

Reactions: crm114psu

Barry only sees negative and is always in attack mode. He would not be able to build a coalition for any real change because he is short-fused and impulsively resorts to insults. He would be marginalized and draw attention away from solvable problems.

Barry only sees negative and is always in attack mode. He would not be able to build a coalition for any real change because he is short-fused and impulsively resorts to insults. He would be marginalized and draw attention away from solvable problems.
There's also more to a university than his narrow agenda.

Reactions: crm114psu
Anyone who disagreed with him. He also resorted to his second grade insults.
His insults aren’t just second grade level, but more like insults made by a second grader that was held back three or four times. When he does make a valid point, it gets lost amid the morass. I’ve always pictured him like Mel Gibson’s character in ‘Conspiracy Theory.’

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Well, have a bunch of anonymous righteous guys* here tearing down one of the few people who isn't anonymous and actually spends time thinking about how to improve Penn State. Very nice. I'm sure your family and friends are proud.

If you have a problem with Barry why don't you call him up and speak with him. His number is listed and if he doesn't answer leave him a message and he'll get right back to you.

* @manatree @PSU_Nut @bourbon n blues @NittanyIllinois @crm114psu @RGWhirly

Or are you guys going to stay anonymous? Why call him on the phone and discuss as I think you'll find a heck of a nice guy, with a family who loves him, who is passionate about Penn State.

Last edited:
Well, have a bunch of anonymous righteous guys* here tearing down one of the few people who isn't anonymous and actually spends time thinking about how to improve Penn State. Very nice. I'm sure your family and friends are proud.

If you have a problem with Barry why don't you call him up and speak with him. His number is listed and if he doesn't answer leave him a message and he'll get right back to you.

* @manatree @PSU_Nut @bourbon n blues @NittanyIllinois @crm114psu @RGWhirly

Or are you guys going to stay anonymous? Why call him on the phone and discuss as I think you'll find a heck of a nice guy, with a family who loves him, who is passionate about Penn State.
I just left him a message to make him aware that his car warranty was about to expire.

ADVERTISEMENT