ADVERTISEMENT

Bat Signal is up

Think it might be for both Bowens and Campbell.

Campbell just committed via Instagram apparently. JJ replacement with JJ like problems. Big, fast, and tall with hands issues. Like JJ, maybe a change of scenery clears his head...maybe not. Ships are there and I don't think you pass on a former 5 star WR who had an awful team the last 2 years.

Reactions: bmw199 and Howie'81
While I totally trust Franklin in recruiting evaluations, let’s not get carried away in our defense of his decisions.

I don’t know about you, but I would be thrilled if a discussion about a recruit gave me an erection.
But if it lasts more than 4 hours, go see a doctor.

I know this has been stated before, but the kid played CB as a soph and had 4 picks. It’s his first year starting and apparently he’s an excellent student. This kid’s ceiling is so high. With so many stud QBs in front of him he’ll have the luxury of redshirting and developing at his own pace. Also, I don’t know if people realize the significance of getting a Bishop Gorman kid. This is actually a pretty big coup.

Campbell just committed via Instagram apparently. JJ replacement with JJ like problems. Big, fast, and tall with hands issues. Like JJ, maybe a change of scenery clears his head...maybe not. Ships are there and I don't think you pass on a former 5 star WR who had an awful team the last 2 years.

He’s had injury issues. Hopefully they are behind him and he can at least provide some depth.

Reactions: Howie'81
On ignore you go. You’re either a troll or just one of the many (unfortunately) stupid fans out there. Either way, I’ll never read another idiotic post by you.
Yes, I’m stupid for not jumping for joy for a QB rated #712 in the country. This isn’t Indiana, folks. We have too 10 aspirations and want to compete for a playoff bid.

Okay I’ll say it. I’m not gonna sugar coat this. Wtf? I wish the kid well but we are a top 10 program and should not be taking QBs that are the 712th ranked player in their class. We should be recruiting key positions a lot better than THIS. This is disappointing, and I think most of you will agree if you take off your blue and white sunglasses

My wife has in-laws in Vegas and we visited them last year. They are big Arizona Wildcat fans so they wear no blue and white sunglasses. Arizona was after this kid as well. I called them a few minutes ago and they've seen him play in person a number of times. They said Penn State will be very happy to have him. He's intelligent, works hard, and finds a way to win games. They love him as a QB, but said he could also play defensive back.

Okay I’ll say it. I’m not gonna sugar coat this. Wtf? I wish the kid well but we are a top 10 program and should not be taking QBs that are the 712th ranked player in their class. We should be recruiting key positions a lot better than THIS. This is disappointing, and I think most of you will agree if you take off your blue and white sunglasses
He won't be 712 in the FINAL rankings, after he attends the PSU camp this summer, and after a some additional P5 offers. Trace McSorely was 571, in the FINAL rankings.

Jason Cabinda was 853 in the FINAL rankings. Doesn't he play in the NFL right now?

Amani Oruwariye was 696 in the FINAL rankings. And is also heading to the NFL combine.....

Christian Campbell was NA in the FINAL rankings. Didn't he turn out OK?

Kevin Givens was 883 in the FINAL rankings. He's headed to the NFL....

And so on.... (Robert Windsor - NA, ....)

There is no spin. If CJF loves him. I love him! Especially when the player is one of CJF's top early offers.

No, the sky is NOT falling.

Chicken%20licken.jpg
BUT, BUT, BUT...

Yes, I’m stupid for not jumping for joy for a QB rated #712 in the country. This isn’t Indiana, folks. We have too 10 aspirations and want to compete for a playoff bid.

Tommy Stevens was committed to Indians when he flipped to PSU after they lost Wimbush.....and he will probably start this year.....you act like everyone thinks the guy will come in and start in Fall 202 as a FR.

Reactions: TheGLOV
One more time....
Will you consider the possibility that he may get more offers and be moved up in the rankings as camp season ramps up?

You are ignorant of the recruiting process. Fields was a 3 star when we offered him. So, was McSorley. People that seriously follow recruiting need to put you on ignore. Bye-bye.

Reactions: bison13 and TheGLOV
Fleming would be projected to see field right away and Bowens, unless amazing would be 2-3 years away from playing with the QB depth. In other words, this won't effect his decision.

agree - Julian Fleming already can see who the QBs will be for him.....and it is a good group.

Why is this guy here? Chris Peak dumps guys for breathing and yet we have to put up with this guy's BS.
Because we believe in the 1st Amendment. Because we are patient and forgiving. Because we want to enlighten the foolish. Because Jesus said turn the other cheek. Sorry I’m out of reasons, okay let’s castrate the idiot.

On ignore you go. You’re either a troll or just one of the many (unfortunately) stupid fans out there. Either way, I’ll never read another idiotic post by you.
Nobody is asking you to jump for joy. Just jump.

Reactions: marshall23
You're comparing apples to oranges. 712 rated means RB's, WR's, DE's etc. are all in that rating. He is the 23rd rated dual purpose QB in the country.

You're comparing apples to oranges. 712 rated means RB's, WR's, DE's etc. are all in that rating. He is the 23rd rated dual purpose QB in the country.

.... after playing just one year of high school football as a QB.....

At first I was thrilled to get a kid that already had laser timed NFL caliber measurables at age 15 which puts him easily in elite athlete territory. And then I see this post. 712...... good god. I can’t believe franklin would stoop so low.

Let’s make a pact to start harassing franklin on twitter anytime he is talking to a kid ranked under 500. We will need to harass the kid as well to deter him from committing in case franklin thinks he knows better than the services. We can’t let him get away with doing his own evaluations of players instead of relying on the creepy boy stalking services. Together we can stop him.

While I totally trust Franklin in recruiting evaluations, let’s not get carried away in our defense of his decisions.

I don’t know about you, but I would be thrilled if a discussion about a recruit gave me an erection.

See today’s “who’s the hottest”. If you can recruit just one of them, I see multiple erections in your future.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
One thing I noticed is he makes a big deal about starting an "official thread" for BB games. Anyone else notice that?
I do. Since I have him on ignore, those threads don't appear for me. I had been wondering why I missed all mention of the Nebraska game, and just now put two and two together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT