ADVERTISEMENT

Beamon...

Right. Aaron Donald could not play at this level because he was only 260. Sarcasm

Givens and zettle were not too big either.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJPSU
Right. Aaron Donald could not play at this level because he was only 260. Sarcasm

Givens and zettle were not too big either.
Franklin already addressed the Aaron Donald thing. Beamon is not Aaron Donald. Beamon needs to add weight

Franklin already addressed the Aaron Donald thing. Beamon is not Aaron Donald. Beamon needs to add weight
Personally, I don't think he will benefit by gaining weight. His best attribute is his ability to beat his man off the snap with quickness which allows him to steal leverage from much larger, stronger player. I think Beamon's best role would be playing the 5 tech on most downs and sliding inside on passing downs which puts more size on the field by default while maximizing our use of speed when it is most useful. However, the best thing would be for our staff to acknowledge the fact that we have odd front talent but continue to run an even front come hell or high water which will continue to be a problem for the foreseeable future.

I think Beamon played in the 265 range this year, he looked like a defensive end. Would be nice to see him in the 280-285 range as he probably can maintain a bulk of his quickness at that weight but still have enough size to be able to hold up a little more in the run game. He seemed plenty big enough to be able to add that weight pretty easy and be surprised if he doesn't.

Durant is not very tall, probably why he didn't have a lot of offers from down south. He looked to be maybe 6 feet tall. So not sure how much more weight he can put on without losing his quickness/burst. Durant maybe played in the 255-260 range last year, maybe he has some Kevin Givens in him and can continue to get stronger and get up into the 270-275 pound range but I don't think you see him much heavier than that.

Reactions: NedFromYork
I also have a problem with what one of the players ate over the weekend. I have it on good authority that a couple of them ate some burgers and fries. Some even consumed an alcoholic beverage. This is BS! I read a message board and they need to get on this.

Reactions: marshall23
I also have a problem with what one of the players ate over the weekend. I have it on good authority that a couple of them ate some burgers and fries. Some even consumed an alcoholic beverage. This is BS! I read a message board and they need to get on this.
This is a major problem....coaches and players just don't "want it" as much as "we" do.

Reactions: Online Persona
ADVERTISEMENT