ADVERTISEMENT

"because the phones don't work"

PSU Lion 2000

Sep 4, 2002
For those who were at the game you didn't hear the gem from Gus Johnson announcing the game...

Gus: "you know why I like coming to Penn State?"

Joel: "No, why is that?"

Gus: "because the phones don't work."

A truer statement was never uttered about Saturday's in Happy Valley. I haven't been to a game in a decade, but nice to see the more things change the more they stay the same.

For those who were at the game you didn't hear the gem from Gus Johnson announcing the game...

Gus: "you know why I like coming to Penn State?"

Joel: "No, why is that?"

Gus: "because the phones don't work."

A truer statement was never uttered about Saturday's in Happy Valley. I haven't been to a game in a decade, but nice to see the more things change the more they stay the same.
Was just gonna post this.

He went on……”Just put the phone in the bag. Don’t Bother Me! I am watching the Nittany Lions!”

Just classic!

When I went to the Bowling Green game, my cell reception worked very well inside the stadium - making/receiving calls and using the internet without wifi. Maybe that was due to fewer people inside the stadium but it wasn't that dramatically small of a crowd. Did they do anything different because on this past Saturday was back to my phone basically being worthless.

Last edited:
When I went to the Bowling Green game, my cell reception worked very well inside the stadium - making/receiving calls and using the internet without wifi. Maybe that was due to fewer people inside the stadium but it wasn't that dramatically small of a crowd. Did they do anything different because yesterday I was back to my phone basically being worthless.
Probably far more in parking lot tailgating?🤷🏿‍♂️

Edit: could also be more first time attendees sending lots of video🤷🏻‍♀️

When I went to the Bowling Green game, my cell reception worked very well inside the stadium - making/receiving calls and using the internet without wifi. Maybe that was due to fewer people inside the stadium but it wasn't that dramatically small of a crowd. Did they do anything different because on this past Saturday was back to my phone basically being worthless.
I tried to log on to the stadium WiFi and it was not there. Gone. I recall someone mentioning that during the Kent game. I’m wondering if they disabled it. Was anybody able to get on the WiFi?

Was just gonna post this.

He went on……”Just put the phone in the bag. Don’t Bother Me! I am watching the Nittany Lions!”

Just classic!
Tried a few times to call but none ever went through. Was able to text but that's about it. Saw all the improvements on the east side lawn but as far as cell service, no improvements there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT